Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:27:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Watchlist  (Read 14469 times)
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 04:54:22 AM

Any way to add entire subforums to the watchlist? Could be useful for those who want to watch the press forum, or for mods to watch meta, staff, scam accusations, etc.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 12:26:24 PM

Any way to add entire subforums to the watchlist? Could be useful for those who want to watch the press forum, or for mods to watch meta, staff, scam accusations, etc.
+1

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 12:46:24 PM

+1

+2

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 06:26:24 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/watch_board.php

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 06:30:45 PM

Adding a board to this list will cause all new boards posted there to be added to your watchlist automatically. You must enter the board ID, which is visible in the URL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0.

should be
Adding a board to this list will cause all new topics posted there to be added to your watchlist automatically. You must enter the board ID, which is visible in the URL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 06:45:28 PM

Fixed, thanks.

Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 07:11:16 PM

Thank you, this is helpful!

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 07:13:30 PM

Perfect, thanks.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

I was just offline for 4 days while moving house.  When I got back online, all my bitcointalk tabs were saying "session verification error" and telling me that I should log out and back in.  I did so, then checked my watchlist, expecting to see 20 or 30 threads that I needed to catch up on.  Instead there were only 2 threads shown, and they both had posts in the last couple of minutes.

Is there some way of getting the watchlist to show all the threads I'm watching that have had new posts since I last read them?

I don't know if it's the change of IP address, the delay between logins, or some error that has caused this, but I've come to rely on the watchlist instead of subscribing to threads the old way, and now it has let me down...

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 06:42:36 PM

Is there some way of getting the watchlist to show all the threads I'm watching that have had new posts since I last read them?
Well, Edit watchlist sorts items by the time of the last new post, so you can browse it until you encounter a post you've already seen.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 04:14:53 PM

It happened again.  The 'edit watchlist' shows there are lots of threads updated since I last caught up - only the last 2 on this list don't have new posts for me:

but the watchlist itself only shows a few threads, all of them posted to in the last half hour since I last logged on:

It seems like sometimes something gets reset on the forum server which makes the watchlist think I'm up-to-date when I'm not really.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 05:11:59 PM

Next time that happens, go here and tell me how many pages there are.

dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2012, 06:50:15 AM

Seems like the right thread to ask about this.  I click "Watchlist" and I see only one post on it.  I click Profile and then Notifications and Email, and I see a lot more than one under "Current Topic Notifications".  I have clicked the "Add notify-enabled topics to watchlist" link several times and the OK button on the page it takes me to.  Shouldn't my watchlist now have as many items in it as the Notifications and Email list of "Current Topic Notifications"?

Theymos, are you able to log in as any user and see how things look for that user?  That might help debug it, if this isn't just me being a bonehead.

Dave.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2012, 07:11:25 AM

Seems like the right thread to ask about this.  I click "Watchlist" and I see only one post on it.  I click Profile and then Notifications and Email, and I see a lot more than one under "Current Topic Notifications".  I have clicked the "Add notify-enabled topics to watchlist" link several times and the OK button on the page it takes me to.  Shouldn't my watchlist now have as many items in it as the Notifications and Email list of "Current Topic Notifications"?

Theymos, are you able to log in as any user and see how things look for that user?  That might help debug it, if this isn't just me being a bonehead.

Dave.

The watchlist only shows threads with unread replies. Click "edit watchlist" and you should see the full list that you see under "Current Topic Notifications".

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:41:45 PM

Dave.

The watchlist only shows threads with unread replies. Click "edit watchlist" and you should see the full list that you see under "Current Topic Notifications".

How do I see the current number of posts for all threads on my watchlist? this way I can see if my new topics have been replied to.

My watchlist shows up blank unless I click edit watchlist.  Not working for me:(

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 02:05:03 AM

Dave.

How do I see the current number of posts for all threads on my watchlist? this way I can see if my new topics have been replied to.

My watchlist shows up blank unless I click edit watchlist.  Not working for me:(
I think that if you attempt to show that it isn't working, you will find that it is working.
If it's blank, that means no new replies have been added.
If you click Edit Watchlist, then you can see all the topics for which there are no new replies (because if there were, they'd have shown up before you clicked "Edit Watchlist").

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
Chris180Z

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:18:05 PM

Has this mod been posted on the smf mods section available for download, or is this just a private mod for bitcointalk only?

Anyway, I love the feature, it makes a lot more sense over "show new replies". It would make more sense to remove show new replies alltogether to remove any confusion for new members.
PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:01:19 PM

Occasionally, when I have threads with unread posts in my watchlist and I haven't opened them for some time, they dissapear (get marked as read?). Is this happening to anyone else?

Q2kc

Activity: 560
Merit: 15

$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 12:00:33 PM

Hello guys, I'm just a newbie, may I ask if where can I find the location of all my watch list? TIA Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: