Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:37:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition to unban dank  (Read 1770 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:09:25 AM

There are other members who have scammed for much more (TF comes to mind), and are still allowed to post.   Tongue

Dank did not get banned for scamming

He got banned for disrupting threads with utter bullshit after being warned several times.

~BCX~

Whole threads of utter bullshit - in the altcoin or speculation sections, for example - are somehow exempt?

Hmmmkay...

I wouldn't know about that but I have never been banned and have had only one post removed back in 2011.

~BCX~

Not saying for your posts in particular, but some examples - do I need to waste more time?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=870547.0  (topic was "suicidal", was in speculation, finally got moved to off-topic)
In this case he at least tried to help that poor guy.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:13:31 AM

There are other members who have scammed for much more (TF comes to mind), and are still allowed to post.   Tongue

He got banned for disrupting threads with utter bullshit after being warned several times.

~BCX~

Whole threads of utter bullshit - in the altcoin or speculation sections, for example - are somehow exempt?

Hmmmkay...

I wouldn't know about that but I have never been banned and have had only one post removed back in 2011.

~BCX~

Not saying for your posts in particular, but some examples - do I need to waste more time?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=870547.0  (topic was "suicidal", was in speculation, finally got moved to off-topic)

And it had to do with Speculation because.....?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:22:49 AM

~BCX~

Hmmmkay...

~BCX~

Dank didn't create the thread so he can't be blamed for it being filed in the wrong section. Even if dank was somehow at fault for the OP of that thread creating it in the incorrect section I don't think that is something you will get banned for.

I think the thread was in speculation because the OP of the thread was speculating on the price of bitcoin and ended up loosing a lot of money
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:35:12 AM

~BCX~

Hmmmkay...

~BCX~

Dank didn't create the thread so he can't be blamed for it being filed in the wrong section. Even if dank was somehow at fault for the OP of that thread creating it in the incorrect section I don't think that is something you will get banned for.

I think the thread was in speculation because the OP of the thread was speculating on the price of bitcoin and ended up loosing a lot of money

So my interpretation of Speculation, as it is in the Economics section, leads me to understand it is of a financial market topic, not a personal one:
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/speculation.asp

DEFINITION of 'Speculation'

The act of trading in an asset, or conducting a financial transaction, that has a significant risk of losing most or all of the initial outlay, in expectation of a substantial gain. With speculation, the risk of loss is more than offset by the possibility of a huge gain; otherwise, there would be very little motivation to speculate. While it is often confused with gambling, the key difference is that speculation is generally tantamount to taking a calculated risk and is not dependent on pure chance, whereas gambling depends on totally random outcomes or chance.

But enough of this now, some of us have a life to attend to on this Christmas Holiday!
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:42:08 AM

~BCX~

Hmmmkay...

~BCX~

So my interpretation of Speculation, as it is in the Economics section, leads me to understand it is of a financial market topic, not a personal one:
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/speculation.asp

DEFINITION of 'Speculation'

The act of trading in an asset, or conducting a financial transaction, that has a significant risk of losing most or all of the initial outlay, in expectation of a substantial gain. With speculation, the risk of loss is more than offset by the possibility of a huge gain; otherwise, there would be very little motivation to speculate. While it is often confused with gambling, the key difference is that speculation is generally tantamount to taking a calculated risk and is not dependent on pure chance, whereas gambling depends on totally random outcomes or chance.

But enough of this now, some of us have a life to attend to on this Christmas Holiday!
No, you are correct, the topic was filed in the incorrect section, however this was not dank's fault. He did not create the thread
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: