Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:44:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition to unban dank  (Read 1770 times)
Hoffman (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:21:59 PM

I'm creating this thread as a petition to have the user dank unbanned from this community.  He was permanently banned after posting the following thread in off topic: How to get into heaven for free - no cost, 100% free

I am asserting that the ban was completely uncalled for and unjustified.  Dank posted this thread as a spin off of this one: Spot reservation in Heaven. [OPEN] Low cost. 100% Money Back Guarantee.

Now if we are assuming the justification for the ban was trolling, should Watoshi-Dimobuto not be banned as well?  In fact a brief look at the replies further reinforces the community viewing danks thread as a legitimate discussion while members in Watoshi-Dimobuto's thread are calling him out on the obvious troll job.

I want to know why dank was banned for this harmless and communally accepted action.

Dank's final testimony - The replies of this thread indicate members of the community disagree with dank's permanent ban.  Furthermore the picture dank asked me to upload proves he is not a troll.  Unless you think a troll would go to such lengths to live in a storage unit during winter, but then I think you need to question if the odd's of dank being an honest man outweigh the minute chance of him being a troll.

Dank has been here since 2011, he has surpassed 5000 posts on this community and has spent much of his time contributing to this community and has completed many successful trades over the last few years.

I understand dank's philosophy is not what most people want to hear.  It's foreign, it's different, that's fine, but there's truth in it.  Personally, it makes a whole bunch of sense to me as I am too into spirituality, meditation and quantum physics.  Bitcoin would be worthless if it didn't offer us some kind of freedom from the system today.  Dank is trying to get people to realize that the value money has is in what you do with it.  He believes in uniting humanity and I do too, this is not a bannable offence.

Dank believes that all monetary systems are subject to the same patterns and cycles of greed.  He believes that bitcoin is ultimately another trap to keep us in the cycle.  From reading his dankcoin statement, he believes we should unite to withdraw from all monetary systems and spend what we have earned to create a new sustainable lifestyle that would lead to inner peace.  Are the staff at this community going to prove his words right?  It seems the most probable and logical reason for his ban was because wealthy bitcoiners viewed him as a threat to their wealth.  And with the staggering price of bitcoin, they probably allowed desperation to tempt them further into the idea of banning dank.

Please post in this thread if you would like to see dank back on this community.  I feel he has a lot of wisdom to contribute which is something this world desperately needs.  This world could use some love, for life without love is hell indeed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 06:40:32 PM

Dank did nothing but derail every thread he posted in.  Good riddance to him.

He also scammed one user for almost $10,000.  That takes precedence over all his other "successful" trades.

It appears from your posts that you blindly believe anything he tells you as well.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Hoffman (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 06:51:55 PM

Dank did nothing but derail every thread he posted in.  Good riddance to him.

He also scammed one user for almost $10,000.  That takes precedence over all his other "successful" trades.

It appears from your posts that you blindly believe anything he tells you as well.   Undecided

Vod all I see you do is derail topics that dank posts in and harass members trying to conduct business.  A look at your sent trust ratings is a clear indication of what you have contributed to this community.  Dank contributed a lot of valuable ideas to this community.

And you know that the loan was a $1000 loan at the time it was made.  Even squall has said that he does not believe dank intentionally defaulted on the loan.

I don't blindly believe anything he says, I believe what I have learned to understand through years of studying philosophy and spiritual doctrines and teachings.  I believe it because I have practiced it throughout my life and found it to bring me closer to god.  What he says makes sense, we are spiritual beings inhabiting a human experience.  Anyone that truly looks for evidence can find supportive literature, science and historical events that show life is not a rigid program with defined variables.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 07:03:24 PM

I don't blindly believe anything he says, I believe what I have learned to understand through years of studying philosophy and spiritual doctrines and teachings.  I believe it because I have practiced it throughout my life and found it to bring me closer to god.  What he says makes sense, we are spiritual beings inhabiting a human experience.  Anyone that truly looks for evidence can find supportive literature, science and historical events that show life is not a rigid program with defined variables.

Didn't you call me a sockpuppet for a scamring the other day?  Those are dank's words, not yours.   Roll Eyes

You are blindly posting whatever he asks you to.

In any case, I'm positive he will remain banned.  No one, other than you, would wish it any differently.  Have a better life.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Hoffman (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:07:49 PM

Vod you have a very clear motivation against dank and is blatantly obvious in the hundreds of off topic, condescending replies you have posted in response to dank.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:16:37 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 08:49:24 PM by Buffer Overflow

I believe Hoffmen is dank. I called him out on this way back in this thread about a year ago:
@hoffman - Is that you Dank logged in under a different account?

Hoffman (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:13:39 AM

I believe you, buffer, are sitting in the same computer lab as the user vod.  Burden of proof fails us both so why don't we look at this thread for it's actual substance.

Dank was wrongly banned.  His voice censored.  No explanation as to why, just permanently banned and no questions asked.  Does the amount of authoritarian actions here not alarm anybody?

How convenient it was that dank happened to speak against bitcoin and all monetary systems in a philosophical/moral standpoint and he was permanently banned, no explanation needed.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:33:16 AM

While I do agree with vod's posts in the lending section (calling out scammers) I do think he does play a role in the derailing of threads that dank posts in by brining up the fact that he has not repaid squall his 52 BTC; when he brings this up dank replies and the thread is derailed from there. The threads that I have seen have not gotten derailed from dank's first post alone.

I would dispute the fact that dank scammed for over $10,000.00. I forget the exact amount, but the value of the bitcoin he borrowed at the time he borrowed it was only a few hundred dollars. I have said this before and will say it again that I will agree to pay dank's debt if squall can make a reasonable settlement offer based on the fiat value of the bitcoin loaned as of when it was loaned, if it means that dank stops getting harassed by Vod (and others) about his debt.

While I do not post in the same sections that dank tends to post in, I would support an unbanning of dank, especially if he would agree to not reply to posts addressed to him that are not about the OP of a thread.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:26:56 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 09:01:49 AM by Buffer Overflow

I believe you, buffer, are sitting in the same computer lab as the user vod.
I would have nothing to gain from that.

Burden of proof fails us both so why don't we look at this thread for it's actual substance.
Because there is no substance. It's just Dank whining he's been banned.

Dank was wrongly banned.  His voice censored.  No explanation as to why, just permanently banned and no questions asked.
It was explained.

Does the amount of authoritarian actions here not alarm anybody?
No. This is a private forum. Those in charge are free to choose who is allowed in or not. Anyway he was given multiple chances to change his ways. He didn't.

How convenient it was that dank happened to speak against bitcoin
Are your trolling? Dank spent 99% of his energy trying to scheme bitcoin out of peoples pockets into his. He is defiantly NOT anti-bitcoin or anti-money.

Watch what people do, not what they say.

RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 08:33:08 AM

dank should be allowed to post here. he didnt do anything wrong and doesnt afraid of anything.

RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 08:33:50 AM

Burden of proof fails us both so why don't we look at this thread for it's actual substance.
Because there is no substance. It's just Dank whining he's been banned.

there is a substance alright....

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 09:10:43 AM

dank should be allowed to post here. he didnt do anything wrong and doesnt afraid of anything.
Apart from his fear of reality.

Again, watch what people do, not what they say.

RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 09:24:25 AM

Apart from his fear of reality.

Again, watch what people do, not what they say.

Thats a real phobia? fear of reality.

Interesting saying by the way.

2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 10:20:06 PM

There are other members who have scammed for much more (TF comes to mind), and are still allowed to post.   Tongue

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 10:22:28 PM

There are other members who have scammed for much more (TF comes to mind), and are still allowed to post.   Tongue

TF also donated 50btc to the forum.  But I'm still sure he would get banned (after a couple warnings) were he to keep posting the nonsense dank did.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:15:45 AM

Has Dank ever posted anything of substance?
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:41:22 AM

Has Dank ever posted anything of substance?
No. He's consumed plenty of substances though. Cheesy

Never mind. At least he has his Shroomery forum account to fall back on. Oh wait...

2dogs
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 07:06:52 AM

There are other members who have scammed for much more (TF comes to mind), and are still allowed to post.   Tongue

Dank did not get banned for scamming

He got banned for disrupting threads with utter bullshit after being warned several times.

~BCX~

Whole threads of utter bullshit - in the altcoin or speculation sections, for example - are somehow exempt?

Hmmmkay...
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 08:08:49 AM

Whole threads of utter bullshit - in the altcoin or speculation sections, for example - are somehow exempt?

Hmmmkay...
Utter bullshit is allowed if it's on topic. I think that's the reason dank wasn't banned sooner - he used to keep all his bullshit posts to his own bullshit threads.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
2dogs
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:05:30 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 02:23:10 AM by 2dogs

There are other members who have scammed for much more (TF comes to mind), and are still allowed to post.   Tongue

Dank did not get banned for scamming

He got banned for disrupting threads with utter bullshit after being warned several times.

~BCX~

Hmmmkay...

I wouldn't know about that but I have never been banned and have had only one post removed back in 2011.

~BCX~

Not saying for your posts in particular, but some examples - do I need to waste more time?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=870547.0  (topic was "suicidal", was in speculation, finally got moved to off-topic)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=897772.0 (topic "is this the end of me?")

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887137.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=897326.0  (and another other threads/posts by fallling, fewcoins, NotLambChop and others)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: