Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:17:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UTIL] UtilityCoin - x13 POS - New Developer  (Read 21923 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ruleland (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:51:46 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 04:35:01 PM by ruleland

UTILITYCOIN

ABOUT

DEVELOPMENT

WALLETS

v0.1.1.2

before upgrading/downgrading your wallet always create a backup first!

EXCHANGE

BLOCK EXPLORER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ruleland (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:53:11 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 10:02:06 PM by ruleland

UtilityCoin update 2014-12-21

As the previous thread seems to be abandoned by the original poster, I have created this new moderated thread, where I will try to keep you updated of developments as much as possible.

Also I really recommend joining the blocknet slack through http://goo.gl/forms/UkViMl2fKn, as it is just so much easier communicating

I have been diving into the UtilityCoin code that was available on BitBucket, and started to implement a node system that was proposed in the original ANN.
However, I haven't finished it yet. But due to the pending delisting on Bittrex, I still wanted to share with all of you, that progress is still being made, albeit by a another developer, and hopefully get enough volume to stay listed.

Current development on the node system can be seen at https://github.com/ruleland/utilitycoin, and it should be ready for testing soon.

The system allows for a wallet to start as either a control node, a service node or a normal node.

The control node can have several service node entries that are linked to different wallet addresses with a transaction of exactly 2500 UTIL. With such a transaction in the wallet, a service node can be started.

The service node is supposed to service the network. Possible features would be anonimization of funds, function as a VPN node or any other network function you can think of.

The normal node will be updated so it can actually use the service nodes to execute network functions.

The main focus for now, is to get the initial node system working. This will be very similar to the DarkCoin masternode system developed by Evan Duffield, as I am using his code as an example.

I will update the new ANN soon with some more information as soon as I have the node system finished and have some time.

A new domain has been registered with a temporary site that can be found at http://utilitycoin.info

UtilityCoin update 2015-01-11
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:55:45 PM

More details, launch-time , etc.
EDIT: @OCminer, Glad to see you around , waiting for kondiomir too Cheesy
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 11:24:28 PM

Good to see you too, but this is a self moderated topic and the OP starter is already deleting posts.. lets see where this brings us...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
ruleland (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:26:48 PM

this coin is already launched but has been abandonded by the previous orginal poster. I will be taking on development
ruleland (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:29:13 PM

Good to see you too, but this is a self moderated topic and the OP starter is already deleting posts.. lets see where this brings us...

yes, I will delete every non related, non contributing and FUD posts.

well worded constructive criticism is always welcome though
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:12:07 AM

Oh man! UTIL's back!
Btw who are you? I guess miker00lz is not involved anymore. Is Dan Metcalf taking part of the development?
GL sir!

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
ruleland (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:03:42 AM

Oh man! UTIL's back!
Btw who are you? I guess miker00lz is not involved anymore. Is Dan Metcalf taking part of the development?
GL sir!

no miker00lz isn't involved anymore (if you mean utilitycoin), I have tried contacting him on here, but had no replies, so I am assuming he has abandoned it.

As for me I'm just a developer who is invested in UTIL and one that wanted to get involved into development of a crypto currency for a while.

Dan Metcalf is still working on the VPN-HTTP-PROXY, but I believe he is also very busy with Blocknet and XC, so I'm not expecting anything soon.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 09:08:59 AM

Looking forward to what you can do with the node system.

New UTIL article.
friendfromnobody

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:24:14 AM

thank you ,ruleland  Smiley
ruleland (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:30:24 PM

thanks for all the support. and for all the buying and selling. volume is doing well.
ruleland (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:45:51 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2015, 09:10:38 AM by ruleland

thought it might be a good idea to check if the displayed coin supply was valid with the following code:

Code:
std::string Test()
{
    printf("Checking total coin supply");

int height = 1;
    int64_t value = 0;
    int64_t fee = 0;

for (height; height < nBestHeight; height++)
    {
        CBlockIndex* pblockindex = FindBlockByHeight(height);

CBlock block;
        block.ReadFromDisk(pblockindex, true);

BOOST_FOREACH(CTransaction& tx, block.vtx)
        {
            if (tx.IsCoinBase())
            {
                // generated POW
                BOOST_FOREACH(CTxOut txOut, tx.vout)
                    value += txOut.nValue;
            }
            else
            {
                int64_t valueIn = 0;
                int64_t valueOut = 0;

BOOST_FOREACH(CTxIn txIn, tx.vin)
                {
                    CTransaction txPrev;

txPrev.ReadFromDisk(txIn.prevout);

CTxOut txOut = txPrev.vout[txIn.prevout.n];

valueIn += txOut.nValue;
                }

BOOST_FOREACH(CTxOut txOut, tx.vout)
                    valueOut += txOut.nValue;

if (valueOut < valueIn)
                    fee += valueIn - valueOut;
                else
                    value += valueOut - valueIn;
            }
        }
    }

float fvalue = value / (float) COIN;
    float ffee = fee / (float) COIN;

std::string result;

result += (boost::format("blocks scanned: %1%\n") % height).str();
    result += (boost::format("total supply: %11.8f\n") % fvalue).str();
    result += (boost::format("total fee: %11.8f\n") % ffee).str();

return result;
}

output:
blocks scanned: 105658
total supply: 3711873.00000000
total fee: 43.62789917

everything seems to be in order, the calculated total supply matches the total supply displayed in the block.
blackbird307

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:29:35 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 09:19:26 AM by blackbird307

I don't care whether you think this is FUD or not... You can delete this if you want, I don't care honestly.

I know I have been reacting negatively before, because I remember when a dev took over an altcoin before, I believe it was flappycoin. Alot was done to improve the coin, better wallet, games, and even an online wallet. These were things nobody has heard of before. It didn't effect the price, even though alot was done. And now I am reflecting back on that.

I am glad someone took up the project. Hopefully it goes somewhere, I don't care since Ive already been burned by this by Pr0m and his team, I am not ready to be burned again.

Sorry.

ruleland (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:36:33 AM

I don't care whether you think this is FUD or not... You can delete this if you want, I don't care honestly.

I know I have been reacting negatively before, because I remember when a dev took over an altcoin before, I believe it was flappycoin. Alot was done to improve the coin, better wallet, games, and even an online wallet. These were things nobody has heard of before. It didn't effect the price, even though alot was done. And now I am reflecting back on that.

I am glad someone took up the project. Hopefully it goes somewhere, I don't care since Ive already been burned by this by Pr0m and his team, I am not ready to be burned again.

Sorry.

I very much get the sentiment. The alt coin community have been scammed left and right, and so have I. And I get it, new development doesn't necessarily mean a price increase. I'm very aware of that. I'm not doing this for price alone. Although it would be great if the price rises as I have a stake in it myself, I'm much more interested in the technology itself. Understanding it and eventually contribute to it.

As I said before and I mean that: Good luck in your next endeavors.
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 05:17:22 PM

Thanks god! I bought some @8k and some @2k so I really hope to see my investment well spent and this coin up again.

I know why your pray will never be answered!
ruleland (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:20:21 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 11:21:24 PM by ruleland

UtilityCoin update 2015-01-11 (Node system testnet)

The updated wallet with the node system code is test ready, if you would like to help out testing, download any of the following wallets
TESTNET ONLY (or at your own risk on mainnet)

before doing anything else, create a backup of your mainnet wallet and store it at a secure location

utilitycoin-linux-0.2.1.2.tar.gz
utilitycoin-win-0.2.1.3.zip

When your wallet is downloaded, start by setting up a Control Node

Control node (Part 1)

In your UtilityCoin.conf add the following parameters
Code:
server=1
daemon=1
port=port number of choice
rpcport=port number of choice
rpcuser=long random text
rpcpassword=long random text
testnet=1
irc=0
logtimestamps=1
controlnode=1
addnode=104.207.139.164:39998
addnode=104.156.251.225:39998

make sure you use:
testnet=1
controlnode=1

start the control node, and let it sync. After syncing, create an address you want to receive some tUTIL, and pm me the address either on bitcointalk or on slack (I have already mined the testnet).

run the command "generatesharedkey" either in the console or through the daemon. copy the generated key to a texteditor. Create as many keys as service nodes you want to run.

Service node
now run another wallet, either locally or on a remote location (remote location is advised) and in your UtilityCoin.conf add the following parameters

Code:
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=long random text
rpcpassword=long random text
port=39998
listen=1
irc=0
testnet=1
logtimestamps=1
servicenode=1
sharedkey=generated shared key generated earlier in the control node wallet
addnode=104.207.139.164:39998
addnode=104.156.251.225:39998

make sure you use:
testnet=1
servicenode=1

Control node (Part 2)

after receiving the tUTIL, create as many addresses as service nodes you want to run.
send a transaction of exactly 2500 tUTIL to each address.

In your UtilityCoin.conf add the following parameters
Code:
addslavenode=alias1;wallet address 1;generated shared key 1;ip:39998;
addslavenode=alias2;wallet address 2;generated shared key 2;ip:39998;
addslavenode=aliasN;wallet address N;generated shared key N;ip:39998;

(wallet address entered here will be locked and excluded from staking)

after this you are all set, and you can start the control node

run the command "listservicenodes"  either in the console or through the daemon.

this should list all the nodes you added in the UtilityCoin.conf with addslavenode. If nothing is listed something is wrong in the conf file.

then run "startservicenodes" and check if every node has started

when running "listservicenodes" again you can check if the node is started or still processing (it can take 5 minutes before the node is registered as started).

UtilityCoin update 2015-01-12
ruleland (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:57:15 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 08:40:18 PM by ruleland

UtilityCoin update 2015-01-12 (Node system testnet)

Updated wallet (0.2.1.3)

before doing anything else, create a backup of your mainnet wallet and store it at a secure location

utilitycoin-linux-0.2.1.3.tar.gz

- fixed a bug where the service node did not register at the control node
- fixed history keeping of sent and received messages
- update the splash image

(note: these wallets list version 2.0.1.3 on getinfo, this is because of the wallet expecting a higher version than the previous 2.0.0.0. However I want to have a bit more sane version, showing that this is still in beta development, and shouldn't have a major version higher than 0. This will be fixed in future wallets as well)

Added mainnet wallets to the OP
ruleland (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:03:35 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 08:40:08 PM by ruleland

UtilityCoin update 2015-01-13 (Node system testnet)

OSX wallet (0.2.1.3)

utilitycoin-linux-0.2.1.3.tar.gz
utilitycoin-osx-0.2.1.3.dmg

- fancy install doesn't have a background yet, and positioning needs fixing. but the wallet can install and run

(note: these wallets list version 2.0.1.3 on getinfo, this is because of the wallet expecting a higher version than the previous 2.0.0.0. However I want to have a bit more sane version, showing that this is still in beta development, and shouldn't have a major version higher than 0. This will be fixed in future wallets as well)
ruleland (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:42:03 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2015, 08:40:01 PM by ruleland

UtilityCoin update 2015-01-18 (Security update)

these are updated main net releases, fixing a vulnerability that has affected other coins as well (decreasing the drift window from 24 hours to 10 minutes), and contains a (temporary) checkpoint server.

(be aware that your datetime settings need to be correct to succesfully stake and not create orphans)

utilitycoin-linux-0.1.1.2.tar.gz
utilitycoin-win-0.1.1.2.zip

(note: these wallets list version 1.0.1.2 on getinfo, this is because of the wallet expecting a higher version than the previous 1.0.0.0. However I want to have a bit more sane version, showing that this is still in beta development, and shouldn't have a major version higher than 0. This will be fixed in future wallets as well)

I will be dedicating some of my time first to research POS 2.0 and the vulnerability that affected APEX.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 09:46:51 PM

Glad to see active development. Keep it up!

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: