Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:24:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 6.66 Mark of the Beast!! ZOMG!!!  (Read 19968 times)
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 04:34:23 PM

Quote from: Steven Weinberg
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 04:36:03 PM

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Love this...

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
ridgemont4

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 05:01:39 PM

Love this...

I find it to be utterly stupid. How can a good person do evil? Jesus actually addressed this head on.

Matthew 12:34 "You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks."

Matthew 7:16 "By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3052

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2012, 05:06:17 PM

Deuteronomy 20:10-14

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace.  If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor.  But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town.  When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder.  You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Keep this in mind when the rapture comes.  Attack your neighbor and kill him, and take his wife to do with as you please.  The bible commands it.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2012, 05:10:33 PM

How can a good person do evil?

The source of all your faith, the bible, commands you to do evil in certain circumstances.

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods.  In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.  If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.  Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it.  Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.  That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt.  Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction.  Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you.  He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors.  "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."  (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Of course, we are told not to take things literally.  A "town" probably means another house.  If you find your neighbor does not worship your god, you are commanded to burn his house to the ground.  Your house will become stronger from it.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 05:22:14 PM

http://listverse.com/2008/04/02/8-atrocities-committed-in-the-name-of-religion/

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2012, 05:23:30 PM

Hey ridgemont4, if you believe god has a plan for you, why do you look both ways before crossing the street?

ridgemont4

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 05:30:12 PM

Hey ridgemont4, if you believe god has a plan for you, why do you look both ways before crossing the street?

Revelation 12:12 "Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short."
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2012, 05:32:39 PM

Revelation 12:12 "Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short."

So, does that mean you look both ways because you believe the truck that could hit you is more powerful than your god?

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 05:44:20 PM

So, does that mean you look both ways because you believe the truck that could hit you is more powerful than your god?

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
ridgemont4

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 05:51:50 PM

Are you trying to disprove god? lol.. get a life

I take it as a compliment that you believe I'm strong enough to defend myself. but I'm not stupid. this is a waste of time and henceforth you are ignored. Why? because the very argument you are posing has been answered time and time again. Truth is you're too lazy to look it up or simply interested in mocking me. In other words, you don't really want to know the answer to your questions. Typical demon.
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 05:55:13 PM

I take it as a compliment that you believe I'm strong enough to defend myself. but I'm not stupid. this is a waste of time and henceforth you are ignored. Why? because the very argument you are posing has been answered time and time again. Truth is you're too lazy to look it up or simply interested in mocking me. In other words, you don't really want to know the answer to your questions. Typical demon.

Personally I love hearing your answers.  I would love to hear your answer to the truck question as I have never heard an answer to it that made sense.

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 05:56:59 PM

I've had my screens upside down for months, anticipating this moment. Seems like I have to keep'em upside down for a while longer until we're safely inside 'safe' territory!!! Watch out for 66.6 however!

Now, if we all pray, maybe it all goes well!
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 06:01:03 PM

I've had my screens upside down for months, anticipating this moment. Seems like I have to keep'em upside down for a while longer until we're safely inside 'safe' territory!!! Watch out for 66.6 however!

Now, if we all pray, maybe it all goes well!

I'll pray for a $66.60 price Smiley

yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 06:08:06 PM

@ridgemont4

What is you opinion of other religions?

ridgemont4

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 06:18:18 PM

@ridgemont4

What is you opinion of other religions?

Why would I have an opinion on them? I'm not God.

I believe what I believe, and you can believe what you want to believe.

Personally I love hearing your answers.  I would love to hear your answer to the truck question as I have never heard an answer to it that made sense.

an answer that makes sense is something for you to seek on your own. Not mine nor anyone else's duty to explain anything to you. I think God has done His part, personally and I believe He is real, more powerful than all (for He is all) and eternal.
yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 06:21:16 PM

Ok, let me reword the question.

Do you think other religions are as valid as your own, or do you think yours is the one true religion?

ridgemont4

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 06:22:45 PM

Ok, let me reword the question.

Do you think other religions are as valid as your own, or do you think yours is the one true religion?

Why does this matter to you? Simply because I believe something you don't, you're entitled to pick at me?
yogi
Legendary

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 06:26:58 PM

I just want to know your opinion, but its interesting how you avoid the question.

ridgemont4

View Profile
July 01, 2012, 06:29:59 PM

I am just want to know your opinion, but its interesting how you avoid the question.

How is avoidance interesting? Isn't it obvious I'm not interested in discussing something I've clearly stated you can figure out on your own? If you're interested in these topics, go search Google or what ever your favorite search engine might be. Plenty of people have put in much in effort to answer your very questions. yet you irritate me instead.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: