Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:12:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Backslash - the easiest way to send and receive Bitcoin  (Read 4214 times)
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 10:38:41 PM

Just signed up as wadili. Liking the simple process so far.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
backslashhq (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 10:53:20 PM

Just signed up under btcgeek.

Thanks for signing up! I just sent you 5000 bits on Backslash.

10 Bits to confirm your phone number? You got to be kidding. Either make it something meaningful (e.g. 1000 bits) or just don't do it at all. I don't see what the 10 Bits 'reward' is supposed to accomplish.

We give new users a tiny amount of Bitcoin is so they can immediately try sending payments on Backslash. We don't want users to have to wait for block confirmations, for instance, before they can try Backslash.

One of the side benefits of doing this is that, as you pointed out, people get a small 'reward' for signing up. 10 Bits might not be much for some people, but many still find it appealing, especially if it's their first Bitcoin.

It's a neat idea, but is there a good reason to use Backslash over say ChangeTip?

The primary difference between Backslash and ChangeTip is the way you send Bitcoin. Backslash uses an auto-completing search to help you find your recipient, and payments are kept private, while ChangeTip payments are generally made through public posts (ex. reddit comments, tweets). Backslash also lets you send Bitcoin to email addresses and friends on Facebook.

This difference stems from different goals of the products: ChangeTip is built for online tipping, while Backslash is targeted at more general peer to peer payments (ex. paying a friend back for dinner).

How do you tie identities across platforms?

All of your email addresses, Facebook accounts, and Twitter accounts can be linked to your Backslash account. There's no limit. All the Bitcoin sent to any of your identities goes straight to your single Backslash balance. Does that answer your question?

How will you notify someone who is not on the service to claim his/her bits, e.g. if I want to send it to a Twitter handle?

If you send a payment to someone's email, Backslash automatically sends them an email to let them know.

When you send Bitcoin to a Facebook friend, Backslash prompts you to share the payment with your friend. They'll get their Bitcoin as soon as they sign up and link their Facebook account.

Sending to Twitter accounts works the same way as sending to a Facebook friend.
backslashhq (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 12:02:50 AM

Signed up as basketcase. I tried Basket Case but it doesnt accept space in username.

Hey Basket Case and Wadily89,

I just sent the both of you 5000 bits.

I'm glad you've found things to be simple so far! Please let me know if you run into any problems, or if you have any feedback.

Happy holidays!
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 06:41:27 AM

Asking for identities, no offense but you're new, how can the site be trusted to hold sensitive information and Bitcoins? It will take time for you to build up enough trust to make it usable.

Signed up, same username (Fernandez).

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 07:14:28 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 07:17:46 PM by TheButterZone

TheButterZone signed up.

ETA: Received

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 08:01:12 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 08:14:19 AM by wadili89

Signed up as basketcase. I tried Basket Case but it doesnt accept space in username.

Hey Basket Case and Wadily89,

I just sent the both of you 5000 bits.

I'm glad you've found things to be simple so far! Please let me know if you run into any problems, or if you have any feedback.

Happy holidays!

Happy holidays to you too!

I withdrew to my BTC address. Two suggestions
- ask for a confirmation dialogue, especially for big transactions
- make the miner fee deduction automatic

LazyWhale

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 08:07:22 AM

LazyWhale signed up. Good luck, it looks quite useful.
backslashhq (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 10:12:27 AM

Asking for identities, no offense but you're new, how can the site be trusted to hold sensitive information and Bitcoins? It will take time for you to build up enough trust to make it usable.

Establishing trust with our users is incredibly important for us. We're aware it will take a lot of time and effort, especially in our industry, and we're going to do what it takes. Here are some things we have done / are doing to build trust:
  • We make our identities public. You can find out who we are on our about page.
  • We spend a lot of time talking to our users to answer questions and concerns, both publicly (here, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit) and privately (email, chat, DMs)
  • We've put in a lot of thought and time into making sure our systems are secure.

This is just a quick, high-level description of what we're doing. If you're interested, I'm happy to elaborate on anything I mentioned.

Signed up, same username (Fernandez).
TheButterZone signed up.
LazyWhale signed up.

Great to see all three of you sign up! I just sent each of you 5000 bits.  Grin Remember, please respond to this thread with feedback and ideas!

Good luck, it looks quite useful.
Thanks! I hope that you find Backslash even more useful after trying it. If not, let us know why and we'll work on making it better.

I withdrew to my BTC address. Two suggestions
- ask for a confirmation dialogue, especially for big transactions
- make the miner fee deduction automatic

Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback. Both of those are great suggestions, and we'll definitely address them.

Aside from the amount and the recipient, is there anything else you'd like to confirm when sending a large transaction?

backslashhq (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 10:23:52 AM

Update: We're now giving out 500 bits instead of 5000 bits

So far, we've sent 55,000 bits / 0.055 BTC to users who have responded to this thread. We have more Bitcoin to give out, but we are going to do so in smaller chunks of 500 bits / 0.0005 BTC (instead of 5000 bits / 0.005 BTC).

I also updated the original post to make the change clear for readers that don't see this reply.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:36:36 PM

My question is: you say you can send bitcoins to "anyone" - but does that include being able to send bitcoins to bitcoin users? That is, to an explicit bitcoin address and/or via the payment protocol, so the recipient isn't forced to sign up for Backslash?

If not, this is just an ewallet that forces others to use it rather than Bitcoin itself.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:45:47 PM

Review of terms of service (I only skimmed, as I don't intend to sign up regardless; also, IANAL and TINLA): Better than ChangeTip (you retain your civil rights, and I don't see any prohibition of RE).

BTW, where do you have MSB licensing?

TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 11:46:27 PM

My question is: you say you can send bitcoins to "anyone" - but does that include being able to send bitcoins to bitcoin users? That is, to an explicit bitcoin address and/or via the payment protocol, so the recipient isn't forced to sign up for Backslash?

If not, this is just an ewallet that forces others to use it rather than Bitcoin itself.

It does, I withdrew to my Bitcoin wallet. It was processed instantly.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:16:02 AM

That's withdrawing, not sending. I suppose you could withdraw to someone else's address, but some services have rules against that.

TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:23:21 AM

That's withdrawing, not sending. I suppose you could withdraw to someone else's address, but some services have rules against that.

I sent to an address. I said withdrawing as it was effectively that. It detected it was a blockchain transfer and mentioned the 0.1mBTC transaction fee.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:31:52 AM

I sent to an address. I said withdrawing as it was effectively that. It detected it was a blockchain transfer and mentioned the 0.1mBTC transaction fee.
Ah, nice.

backslashhq (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 02:17:45 AM

BTW, where do you have MSB licensing?

We aren’t licensed yet, but we’re working closely with our legal advisors to determine what licensing requirements apply to us.

Ah, nice.

Yep! Backslash lets you send payments to Bitcoin addresses. We don’t support the payment protocol (i.e. BIP70-73) yet.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:55:09 AM

Hmm, someone just sent me some µBTC via Backslash, but it wants me to sign up to get them... :/
How can I retrieve them without signing up? Wink

backslashhq (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 03:16:35 AM

Hmm, someone just sent me some µBTC via Backslash, but it wants me to sign up to get them... :/
How can I retrieve them without signing up? Wink

Ha! You do need to sign up in order to get your BTC. 

Try it though, maybe you'll be surprised and enjoy using Backslash. Cheesy And if you don't want to keep your account,  just email us, and we can delete it for you.

But seriously, if you do end up signing up, please let me know what you think. We'll take your feedback very seriously, and if you bring up specific concerns there's a good chance we'll address them in future releases.
cxboyminer

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:17:46 PM

Another new customer here. Very nice website.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
backslashhq (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 10:19:52 PM

Another new customer here. Very nice website.

Thanks you! Glad you like it!  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: