Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:43:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone explain 2 factor auth to me?  (Read 1697 times)
redbeans2012 (OP)

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:15:18 PM

I'm trying to get some coins off the glbse and apparently I clicked 2 factor auth when I signed up.

I downloaded the app, what next.  Sorry I'm kind of a beginner
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:19:29 PM

There is (was?) some kind of error in glbse when I first tried 2 factor auth.
If you first enable the 2 factor auth and then download and do the stuff with the google account, you don't get a barcode to scan to setup the app.
You have to mail support@glbse.com about it, they can reset it for you.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:45:06 PM

Is your problem logging in or withdrawing?

As far as two factor auth, when you set it up in GLBSE, then from your mobile you scan a QR code that contains a secret.  The Google Authenticator app will use that secret in the future.

At a later point in time, you will be asked for an auth code.  That auth code changes periodically, like once a minute.  Google Authenticator is an app that creates these codes, based on that secret that you scanned earlier.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

redbeans2012 (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:55:41 PM

As far as two factor auth, when you set it up in GLBSE, then from your mobile you scan a QR code that contains a secret.  The Google Authenticator app will use that secret in the future.

At a later point in time, you will be asked for an auth code.  That auth code changes periodically, like once a minute.  Google Authenticator is an app that creates these codes, based on that secret that you scanned earlier.

This is the first time I have ever tried to withdraw. 

It tells me I have 2 factor thing set up, but I didn't do anything like that when I set up my account. 

When I go to (enable/disable) everything is unchecked..   Don't remember dealing with any Codes or anything. 

I dont know.

Sad
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:01:29 AM

It tells me I have 2 factor thing set up, but I didn't do anything like that when I set up my account.

Please try to be a little more specific. 

Are you trying to withdraw and then get the error message:  "Your authentication code is incorrect, please try again"?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

redbeans2012 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:02:22 AM

Please try to be a little more specific. 

Are you trying to withdraw and then get the error message:  "Your authentication code is incorrect, please try again"?

Yes
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:06:33 AM

Yes

Ok, hmm ... and you don't remember setting it up.  So ..., that probably means you signed up back when GLBSE had a bug and was automatically marking accounts with multifactor.  I think e-mail to GBLSE ( support@glbse.com ) is the only way to get multifactor removed (without already having scanned your QR code into Google Authenticator).

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

redbeans2012 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:45:54 AM

Yes

Ok, hmm ... and you don't remember setting it up.  So ..., that probably means you signed up back when GLBSE had a bug and was automatically marking accounts with multifactor.  I think e-mail to GBLSE ( support@glbse.com ) is the only way to get multifactor removed (without already having scanned your QR code into Google Authenticator).

Ah that would probably explain it.  Thanks man.. Sent an email to nefario about it today.
Azrael_PT

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

Par Pari Refertur

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 09:24:45 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2012, 12:43:14 PM by Azrael_PT

I have the same problem.
Sent an e-mail on the 26/4 and didn't get any answer so far. Sad

EDIT: My problem is solved. Got response from support. Smiley

Donations: 16WPtSGFtj7wH2TxQi5tZfdxtAG84zPVwD
CEX.IO
redbeans2012 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 11:18:59 PM

I have the same problem.

I still haven't gotten a response.  Kinda bummed cause I wanted to sell some BTC's to make rent.
redbeans2012 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 08:51:10 PM

I have the same problem.

EDIT: My problem is solved. Got response from support. Smiley

Cool, yeah I had to send a deposit from my wallet to prove that I owned the account.  Hopefully this clears things up.  Support been a little slow though so I don't know when it will be resolved. Smiley

I know for a fact that I didn't do this 2 factor thing when I signed up, must just be a bug.
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 09:00:48 PM

Here's a thread in which rjk taught me about it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87584.msg984667#msg984667
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2012, 11:47:53 AM

I had 2 factor on my main account and tried setting it up on a new one but it over rode the old account instead of enabling me to use two on the same phone. I have an android.

Anyone else get this issue ?

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 05:33:11 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2012, 06:26:30 PM by Stephen Gornick

I had 2 factor on my main account and tried setting it up on a new one but it over rode the old account instead of enabling me to use two on the same phone. I have an android.

Google authenticator allows you to "manually add account", which will allow you to add the second one.  (Well, now that you've overwritten the first one, that is the one you'll need to add back in, manually,)

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

RandomQ

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 06:24:12 PM

this sounds like a bug on the android verison

When I setup my second GLBSE account with 2 factor it just added another "GLBSE" account, and mtgox puts the account and a # in the description

I have 10 google otp accounts on IOS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: