Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:17:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Loan needed 0.15 btc - 10 days - No collateral {CLOSED}  (Read 1490 times)
slu2 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

10% discount code @ clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 03:25:05 AM

I laughed at $49,000
good joke.

Likewise I laugh at the request for someone's account, in collateral for $49.    Collateral at all for $49 seems pretty extreme.   

I see people selling their accounts on this site a lot too.   I guess some people don't value their accounts very much.   

But I do value this account.  I would never intentionally compromise it or anything associated with it.   I would also never sell my account.
You have no fucking trust, if you did then people might give you a loan without collateral. I myself can get a .3btc loan without collateral due to the high nature of my trust. You gotta work on it man.

Well I got a loan of 3.94 BTC at BTCJAM, and I am just about to pay it off.  How much collateral?  NONE!

Multi-plex in Idaho for coin
10% discount  www.clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK  ||   TSU.co/clovisstar  ||  Ardeva Token
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 03:27:28 AM

You laugh at people's request for a valid collateral? Your account is nothing special, you are nothing special. We are all equals here and you can't expect people to loan you 0.15 Btc if you're so uncompromising given the history of this sub-forum.

Well yes I laugh at people who come to a thread, which is for a loan titled  "NO COLLATERAL".   If I was interested in offering collateral, I would have stated as much to begin with.   If people do not like the tersm, they are not under any obligation to invest.    If the post was titled  "possible collateral" or "collateral negotiable" that would be different.  But in my title I posted:  "Re: Loan needed 0.15 btc - 10 days - No collateral "

No collateral, means no collateral.  Is that so hard for people to understand?

10% discount  www.clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK  ||   TSU.co/clovisstar  ||  Ardeva Token
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:37:50 AM

You laugh at people's request for a valid collateral? Your account is nothing special, you are nothing special. We are all equals here and you can't expect people to loan you 0.15 Btc if you're so uncompromising given the history of this sub-forum.

Well yes I laugh at people who come to a thread, which is for a loan titled  "NO COLLATERAL".   If I was interested in offering collateral, I would have stated as much to begin with.   If people do not like the tersm, they are not under any obligation to invest.    If the post was titled  "possible collateral" or "collateral negotiable" that would be different.  But in my title I posted:  "Re: Loan needed 0.15 btc - 10 days - No collateral "

No collateral, means no collateral.  Is that so hard for people to understand?
The people who are posting offering to lend you money with some kind of collateral are trying to offer you a solution to the fact that you need a loan and that you will probably not get a no-collateral loan with your lack of trust.

Furthermore your response to people who are asking for collateral more or less ensures that anyone who was considering making the mistake to lend you money without collateral are not going to want to do so because of your lack of respect towards others

hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:44:12 AM

Well yes I laugh at people who come to a thread, which is for a loan titled  "NO COLLATERAL".   If I was interested in offering collateral, I would have stated as much to begin with.   If people do not like the tersm, they are not under any obligation to invest.    If the post was titled  "possible collateral" or "collateral negotiable" that would be different.  But in my title I posted:  "Re: Loan needed 0.15 btc - 10 days - No collateral "

No collateral, means no collateral.  Is that so hard for people to understand?

My problem right now isn't the collateral. It's that your account password was recently reset which leads us to suspect you are not the rightful owner of this account.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:50:09 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2014, 04:05:39 AM by ndnhc

Well yes I laugh at people who come to a thread, which is for a loan titled  "NO COLLATERAL".   If I was interested in offering collateral, I would have stated as much to begin with.   If people do not like the tersm, they are not under any obligation to invest.    If the post was titled  "possible collateral" or "collateral negotiable" that would be different.  But in my title I posted:  "Re: Loan needed 0.15 btc - 10 days - No collateral "

My problem right now isn't the collateral. It's that your account password was recently reset which leads us to suspect you are not the rightful owner of this account.

I can understand that. But you are not supposed to leave a negative feedback for mere suspicion.
You should be giving a neutral trust warning future lenders, which should be removed after the loan has been paid.

Negative - You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer.

Refusing escrow does not amount to scamming. I have lend 0.28BTC to wardick and much more without collateral. And no escrow. There can be various reasons for declining escrow, of which onee can be scamming, but there are other reasons too, like not trusting the escrows here due to previous experiences, delays, or potential denial of signature payment due to inactivity.
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 07:20:44 AM

The people who are posting offering to lend you money with some kind of collateral are trying to offer you a solution to the fact that you need a loan and that you will probably not get a no-collateral loan with your lack of trust.

Furthermore your response to people who are asking for collateral more or less ensures that anyone who was considering making the mistake to lend you money without collateral are not going to want to do so because of your lack of respect towards others

It's possible that you missed it, but the people who came to this thread, had no intentions of loaning money.   They asked for something that was not offered.   I offered an opportunity to invest, with NO COLLATERAL.    When someone comes here and demands collateral, that is very disrespectful.
If you don't want to loan money without collateral, then move on.  No need in being rude, and demanding something that is not offered.

And besides the loan offer is closed.  I no longer need it, as I said yesterday.

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 07:26:31 AM

I can understand that. But you are not supposed to leave a negative feedback for mere suspicion.
You should be giving a neutral trust warning future lenders, which should be removed after the loan has been paid.

Negative - You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer.

Refusing escrow does not amount to scamming. I have lend 0.28BTC to wardick and much more without collateral. And no escrow. There can be various reasons for declining escrow, of which onee can be scamming, but there are other reasons too, like not trusting the escrows here due to previous experiences, delays, or potential denial of signature payment due to inactivity.

+100

Right, I can think of 100 reasons that offering collateral for an insignificant quick loan is not a good expenditure of time and effort.

Offering accounts, alt coin, etc for $49.   It just seems like it wouldn't be worth all of the effort.   For all of that effort, it would be better to go to another source for loans.  Like I said, I got nearly 4BTC from BTCJAM with no collateral.   
If I needed $49 so desperately that I was willing to waste a bunch of time and effort on this endeavor, I would just go to another source.   I wouldn't compromise my account for $49.   That's like having a place to live, and needing to borrow $49, and then someone offers  "if you give me the keys to your house and car, I will loan you the money, and I will require access to the house and car whenever I need it".    Or  "you need $49, ok I'll loan it to you, but I want to crash on your couch".   

I really don't need the coin THAT BAD.  But if I ever do, I will come back to this thread for round 2.  Sad   

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 07:29:58 AM

Understandable.  I recently got an email that had an offer to sell a .zip of a database dump from bitcointalk.org.  After getting that email, I changed my password.   In fact, I have changed it twice since I got that email.   I will likely be changing it weekly, on multiple sites, just to stay safe.

Don't worry about the investment offer though.  I found a few good resources to get coin without all of the fuss.   I bought some on ebay, and virwox, and that got me where I needed to be. 

scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:33:30 AM

It's possible that you missed it, but the people who came to this thread, had no intentions of loaning money.   They asked for something that was not offered.   I offered an opportunity to invest, with NO COLLATERAL.    When someone comes here and demands collateral, that is very disrespectful.
If you don't want to loan money without collateral, then move on.  No need in being rude, and demanding something that is not offered.

And besides the loan offer is closed.  I no longer need it, as I said yesterday.
I counted three people who were willing to lend you money. Regardless of what kind of loan you were able to get on any other lending site, this is not that website. Lenders are much more conservative with risk here then on other sites. What the lenders were doing was the fine art of negotiating - they were asking for something in addition to what you were offering in order for you to get what you wanted.

People have scammed for less then $1 so the fact that you say you will not scam for $49 is illogical.

To lend to you without collateral would not be an investment, it would be a gamble.

To respond to the fact that your password was reset recently, what you are describing happening was you changing your password, not resetting it. When you reset your password you either use your email to receive a new temporary password or use your security question to change your password (both without knowing your previous password)

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 07:36:13 AM

I counted three people who were willing to lend you money. Regardless of what kind of loan you were able to get on any other lending site, this is not that website. Lenders are much more conservative with risk here then on other sites. What the lenders were doing was the fine art of negotiating - they were asking for something in addition to what you were offering in order for you to get what you wanted.

People have scammed for less then $1 so the fact that you say you will not scam for $49 is illogical.

To lend to you without collateral would not be an investment, it would be a gamble.

To respond to the fact that your password was reset recently, what you are describing happening was you changing your password, not resetting it. When you reset your password you either use your email to receive a new temporary password or use your security question to change your password (both without knowing your previous password)

Point is that my terms were very clear, and I was not offering collateral.  Not even as an option.   The loan offer is over, and this site sucks for loans.  I won't be using this site in the future for any such endeavor.  There are much better places on the web for that.

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 07:57:17 AM

I used to think fiat was a lame way to do transactions after finding bitcoin.   I tried to move over to BTC as much as possible.

But with my experiences, using BTC is becoming not worth my time.   

1.  I have never had fiat $$ stolen from me.   But I have with bitcoin.  Had fiat been stolen from my bank account, it would be insured, and I would have gotten my money back.  With BTC, from what I understand, there is not a FDIC type of insurance from any company yet.
2.  I have never had a problem getting a loan with fiat, but coin is a pain in the ass.
3.  After losing Bitmit, and many good exchanges to regulations, and such.  Bitcoin is much more complicated to work with. 
4.  People in the bitcoin community tend to be a bit more hyper (take this thread for example)

Surely there has to be a better way.   

I hope BTC starts making a comeback.  But so far, I keep hitting barriers that I don't encounter with fiat and it is highly discouraging.

hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 01:44:32 PM

4.  People in the bitcoin community tend to be a bit more hyper (take this thread for example)

Exactly for the same reason you mention above. It's possible for coins to be stolen (via a defaulted loan without collateral, for example).

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 04:38:13 PM

I think it's handicap that will eventually be solved in bitcoin. At least I hope so.

I was able to round up all of the coin, and I paid my loan.  If I was a hacker, I wouldn't be paying other people's loans off.

I owned this loan, and I did everything in my power to not default on it.  I even sold my tricked out Chevy Tahoe a few days ago in order to pay this loan off.

Am I still a potential hacker?   Come on, please be rational here people.  Caution is a good thing.  Extreme paranoia is not always a positive attribute.

http://youtu.be/Uaiuvm1nBz0

https://btcjam.com/listings/25405-bridge-loan-for-our-business---short-term

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 04:39:55 PM

And people that are out there dishing out negative feedback for "suspicion" of someone being a hacker, is flat out unproductive!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: