Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:25:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't developers start to make coins which limit the amount of total hashrates?  (Read 1326 times)
acaciosc (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:25:21 AM

If a reduced profitability is related to a constant increase in difficulty, can't developers just make coins which limit the amount of total hashrates allowed to mine in their coins? So more forks could be made, allowing any person to earn big profits for a long time before it becomes unprofitable, between numerous coins? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:55:33 AM

If one person owned the total hashrate on a coin then they would be able to make fake coins if they so pleased, anyways it is meant to be a competition to create continued growth of the network and coin.

acaciosc (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:18:40 PM

Hmm, so the total hashrate in a specific coin can't in any way be limited, even if the developers wished?
goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:36:59 PM

I dont see any way by which it will work. It can be made a non-linear response of hash power and difficulty, but then someone will set up multiple miners.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

desertfox470

Activity: 542
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:40:31 AM

I think that coin would be dead pretty fast. Once the hash rate hits the max how will other miners mine. People would loose interest because wales could be formed pretty easily.
BTCish

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:40:19 PM

This is interesting concept. It should be possible to limit hashrate to individual miner too.

goosoodude

Activity: 584

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 01:48:31 PM

This is interesting concept. It should be possible to limit hashrate to individual miner too.

Then they will set up multiple miners.
The concept is dead, it cant work.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

acaciosc (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:55:55 AM

I didn't understand. Couldn't be possible to put limits to multiple miners as well? Maybe a coin which accepts to be mined only through a specific pool and is unable to be mined in solo mode?
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:50:15 AM

Stupidest shit i've heard. Seriously some fckers on here are either smart or dumb. Sigh....
armedmilitia

Activity: 562
Merit: 506

We're going to need a bigger heatsink.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 04:11:40 AM

I didn't understand. Couldn't be possible to put limits to multiple miners as well? Maybe a coin which accepts to be mined only through a specific pool and is unable to be mined in solo mode?

Yeah, that's really not how this whole thing works... That's not how mining pools work... Hell, I'm not even sure I know what you're talking about, I can't even begin to address it.

Always use escrow. OgNasty is pretty sweet.

Help me out with compiling a list of mining datacenters!
acaciosc (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:09:48 AM

Stupidest shit i've heard. Seriously some fckers on here are either smart or dumb. Sigh....

And some are happy and nice people, while others are both unhappy and rude.  Wink
acaciosc (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:19:46 AM

Yeah, that's really not how this whole thing works... That's not how mining pools work... Hell, I'm not even sure I know what you're talking about, I can't even begin to address it.

Hmm, nevermind. This is a nonsense question anyway.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: