Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:45:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Bowl  (Read 1375 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:15:01 AM

I could care less about college sports, but seeing the bitcoin bowl. OMG Just seeing bitpay and bitcoin everywhere it was amazing! I don't think I could have even dreamed this when I started in bitcoins. The bitpay credit credit commercial everytime it runs I just cry a bit. They show casascius coins before every other little branding thing before heading back to the game. I have to write mike and just let him know that is sick!

They have shown us the future, if it is only for 1 night, and I am not ready for it, but my seat belt is tight as hell!

Sadly I can't watch the entire game (leaving during the 4th quarter, I am not at the game), but NC state is up by a lot of points so I think they are going to win.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 04:20:01 AM

Andreas and the Bitpay team are doing a great job of advertising and everyone else who is involved thank you for organizing the event. #Bitcoinbowl is trending on Twitter right now. Bitcoin supporters are doing a great job keep it up and Merry Christmas.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 04:25:53 AM

I could care less about college sports, but seeing the bitcoin bowl. OMG Just seeing bitpay and bitcoin everywhere it was amazing! I don't think I could have even dreamed this when I started in bitcoins. The bitpay credit credit commercial everytime it runs I just cry a bit. They show casascius coins before every other little branding thing before heading back to the game. I have to write mike and just let him know that is sick!

They have shown us the future, if it is only for 1 night, and I am not ready for it, but my seat belt is tight as hell!

Sadly I can't watch the entire game (leaving during the 4th quarter, I am not at the game), but NC state is up by a lot of points so I think they are going to win.

I find it incredible too. Tony is a smart guy. They're doing this not just for BitPay, but for all of the Bitcoin world.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Levitron

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:56:36 AM

Just saw bitcoin bowl on the front page of yahoo, not bad
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 01:41:20 PM

hopefully there will be a little summary/docu of that event. that would be cool.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 01:44:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm7wgmwKiAk

Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWJDCLpOnf0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=9uA4KO2EEBU&app=desktop

Smiley

Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 01:49:19 PM

The commercial is awesome! Cheesy
AllTheBitz

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 05:21:57 PM

LOL one of the 2 worst teams in college football played in it.

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
JLynn171

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 06:25:12 PM

Yes was good to see also tickets to game and concession stand items could be purchased with bitcoin for the game....

I gambled with bitcoin on the bitcoin bowl :-)
darkmind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:40:16 PM

I wonder how many people who found bitcoin from the bitcoin bowl will make their way into exchanges and buy bitcoin. I think none of them

Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:51:23 PM

I wonder how many people who found bitcoin from the bitcoin bowl will make their way into exchanges and buy bitcoin. I think none of them

It promotes awareness which is the aim. Next time if they see it somewhere else they will remember and gradually they will get used to Bitcoin and may buy it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:00:52 AM

LOL one of the 2 worst teams in college football played in it.

I didn't watch the game but was it good?

So long as Bitcoin got good exposure...who cares if both teams wreak of crappiness?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:55:09 AM

http://betabeat.com/2015/01/the-bitcoin-bowl-was-the-most-watched-event-on-television-last-friday/

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/blog/morning-edition/2014/12/leak-bitcoin-st-petersburg-bowl-at-the-trop-among.html

Seems they got hugh ratings.  Seems like it was a good game too.
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:06:14 AM

Yes was good to see also tickets to game and concession stand items could be purchased with bitcoin for the game....

I was there, and you couldn't buy concessions with bitcoins. My understanding is that they couldn't reach an agreement with the Tampa Bay Rays (the stadium's team) to set it up.
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 10:58:25 AM

hopefully there will be a little summary/docu of that event. that would be cool.

Wow, this just looks awesome!! This is how you make BTC mainstream, exposure will lead to adoption.

xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 08:45:54 AM

Just a query, would any of the people watching the bitcoin bowl actually ever heard of bitcoin? would they actually go looking at what it is?

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 09:03:25 AM

As more merchants go straight to fiat you can kiss the price goodbye

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:56:08 PM

As more merchants go straight to fiat you can kiss the price goodbye

It is not that simple, the price is dropping because people are spending from their hoards without replenishing, and more merchants accepting Bitcoin makes that easier. Merchants generally have slim margins and we should never expect them to hold bitcoins even if they don't immediately exchange for fiat. So, I wouldn't look to them to support the price.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: