Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:23:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How has Bitcoin changed your life?  (Read 4354 times)
fatigue (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 08:19:44 AM

On these forums ive seen some pretty great success stories and some stories of great failure. Ive seen obsession, depression, digression, and accession, and now i have a question. How dramatically and in what ways has your life changed since you have learned about Bitcoin? I for one have become obsessed over the last few months, incurring around 4-5 hours of forum time/day....
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 08:31:57 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2012, 10:04:42 AM by Foxpup

Since I started using Bitcoin, I now have more money and can spend it more freely. It's not exactly dramatic or life-changing, but it's the little things that make all the difference. Grin

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 09:17:48 AM

You guess how Wink

Before bitcoin, I was a random psychology+computing student
AmazonStuff

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 09:57:57 AM

BTC gives me opportunity to reach bigger numbers of customers and it's a real boost for my business. When I learned about BTC, I realized that it has solution for every problem I had.
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 10:25:15 AM

I hate the current world economy, i have never saved or collected wealth as i think it is useless... until bitcoin

The bitcoin economy gives me a sort of hope for capitalism, and since bitcoin i think i agree a lot more with free market supporters

I've always hated capitalism, mainly because its so rewarding of corruption... but bitcoin is very different, i only hope crap like bitcoinadvertisers with fiat style corruption die off and prove a free market works at moderating itself.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 10:26:57 AM

For the better.

cjgames.com
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 10:54:05 AM

BTC has given me hope that I may experience true freedom in my lifetime and it opened a few doors to some business ideas I have and am very passionate about that I probably couldn't even attempt to develop without it. Most of all it has given me philosophical ammo with which I can easily shoot down any idiotic idea about reality and life and economics between people that various psychopaths usually like to peddle as truth.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
TeslaUa

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:12:56 PM

Everything can be understood in comparison. And bitcoin is something can I can compare with money system we got on our hands. To my personal taste - bitcoin is better design.
cmg5461

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:16:07 PM

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

If I've helped: 1CmguJhwW4sbtSMFsyaafikJ8jhYS61quz

Sold: 5850 to lepenguin. Quick, easy and trustworthy.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:29:26 PM

Not much yet, other than being a really interesting facet of my life.

SimonL

Activity: 113
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:51:13 PM

Before Bitcoin I was largely discontent with the GFC and the corrupt nature of governments bailing out banks, etc. and even before the GFC I was a big proponent of gold as it was more resistant to inflation etc. A few days after discovering Bitcoin I knew this currency would completely change the way we think about currency and financial transactions, and greatly undermine the legitimacy and authority of banks and governments. I am eager to see Bitcoin succeed, and I watch the progress of Bitcoin daily. Over the last two years, though I've not contributed much to the Bitcoin world, I'm a fervent proponent and it has educated me in ways I never expected. My understanding of just how corrupt the existing system was, was never fully apparent to me until I was able to sit Bitcoin and Fiat side by side and then ask some really uncomfortable questions.

Bitcoin has permanently upended any small amount of trust I had left in fiat and thoroughly educated me about financial systems on an unprecedented level. Yeah, it's changed me Tongue
finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 01:32:46 PM

6 hours a day, 11 months now.

Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 03:08:56 PM

I used to read books... now I hang out on the forum and other bitcoin related websites.

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 03:25:19 PM

I had been an accountant for 2 years under a CPA when Bitcoin first started.  I went into the field because all throughout highschool all you would hear is how the tech industry is getting harder to break into due to .com bubble burst and increasing amounts of outsourcing.

I got into Bitcoin in April of 2011.  By the end of April I had built my first computer from parts (actually, many computers), getting myself 5 GH/s just before the bubble.  At the start of May, I noticed Bitcoin was growing and pool options were limited.  There were only 3 pools at the time, so I started making BTC Guild.  On May 9th, it launched, becoming the 5th oldest public pool/4th oldest active pool.

The last year has been quite a rollercoaster.  I've experienced DDoSes and extortion.  I have gone from somebody who used shared web hosting (and a VPS once) to owning a dozen servers located in three datacenters.  I quit my job in April of 2012 to pursue my own business.  I incorporated a business for VPS Hosting that launches next month with amazing price point offerings and a management interface that testers have stated is the best they've ever used.

TL;DR:  Acquired bitcoins.  Stopped counting beans.  World domination eminent.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
isthisreallife

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 03:37:48 PM

I'm very new to Bitcoin. No idea how it will work out, but I know it'll be a trip finding out.

I find the idea of bitcoin fascinating. I've always been good with my money but honestly I don't find investing interesting. Bitcoin's nature, the extra power you have over your money makes investing with bitcoin totally different.

I'm starting slow, but it's been a lot of fun so far.
fatigue (OP)

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 03:45:53 PM

Great stuff so far guys, thanks for sharing.

Lol this comes back to 'disregard currency, acquire bitcoins!'

4 to 5 hours a day.. yeah I have been doing that for over 8 months now.

BTC has been good to me over all. It started off as a great idea, then a hobby and now almost a full time job.

Personally I have had some epic win and some epic fail along the way. Crazy stuff it is:)

I'm glad to see how BTC is progressing.

I'm embracing the 'hobby' stage at the moment, I just think you would have to be immensely stupid to not make your money work for you. (Oh hey, that's 98% of the world!)
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 04:15:45 PM

That's what I was trying for, but I haven't disregarded currency Sad.  Unfortunately it's hard to find a reputable datacenter that will accept Bitcoins, similar with server hardware vendors, heh.  Not to mention I currently prefer conversion to fiat for tax purposes.  I don't make any attempts to hide my identity (my real name is under my avatar).  Since I run what has generally been the 2nd largest pool for the last year, I'm very paranoid about a tax audit.  Luckily the 3 years spent working as a tax accountant gave me enough experience to handle my business in a clean and consistent way.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
fatigue (OP)

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 04:36:59 PM

That's what I was trying for, but I haven't disregarded currency Sad.  Unfortunately it's hard to find a reputable datacenter that will accept Bitcoins, similar with server hardware vendors, heh.  Not to mention I currently prefer conversion to fiat for tax purposes.  I don't make any attempts to hide my identity (my real name is under my avatar).  Since I run what has generally been the 2nd largest pool for the last year, I'm very paranoid about a tax audit.  Luckily the 3 years spent working as a tax accountant gave me enough experience to handle my business in a clean and consistent way.

I prefer not to for taxing purposes Tongue
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 04:59:42 PM

Luckily the 3 years spent working as a tax accountant gave me enough experience to handle my business in a clean and consistent way.

I bet it did.. wink wink  Cool

j/k  Grin

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 05:02:26 PM

The absolute best investment I've ever made.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: