Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:37:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED]  (Read 596 times)
Kiritsugu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1570
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:13:41 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2014, 10:28:16 PM by Kiritsugu

No longer selling the account.  I apologize for any inconvenience.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:17:39 PM

Selling a Full Member BCT account (not this one, obviously) with:

+3 Postive trust ratings
180+ Activity
No negative trust ratings, loans, or anything of that sort.

Asking .14btc, you can make quite a bit of btc with sig campaigns.  Price is somewhat negotiable, but don't lowball. BTC first, then you get the password.

Escrow! BTC first? wtf how can we know what you have posted is true and not just another scam attempt.

MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:20:21 PM

I agree with H1N1, I doubt you will be able to sell this account if you do not agree to use escrow.
Kiritsugu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:21:29 PM

I agree with H1N1, I doubt you will be able to sell this account if you do not agree to use escrow.
Check the main post again. Smiley
Kiritsugu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:50:23 PM

+3 Postive trust ratings
180+ Activity

Asking .14btc, you can make quite a bit of btc with sig campaigns.  Price is somewhat negotiable, but don't lowball. BTC first, then you get the password.

Escrow! BTC first? wtf how can we know what you have posted is true and not just another scam attempt.
No worries mate, I added an escrow and you can also suggest your own. Smiley
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 11:22:19 PM

+3 Postive trust ratings
190+ Activity

Asking .14btc, you can make quite a bit of btc with sig campaigns.  Price is somewhat negotiable, but don't lowball.

If you have a good escrow I may accept it, otherwise I will try to get my own.

My own escrow is found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=15927

If you don't like it, feel free to suggest others. Smiley
This person is not qualified to act as an escrow. He does not have trading experience, nor is he trusted in the community.

It would probably be better to pick from someone on this escrow thread as it is generally kept the most up to date. here is another escrow list, however it is not kept as up to date.
Kiritsugu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 11:44:12 PM

+3 Postive trust ratings
190+ Activity

Asking .14btc, you can make quite a bit of btc with sig campaigns.  Price is somewhat negotiable, but don't lowball.

If you have a good escrow I may accept it, otherwise I will try to get my own.

My own escrow is found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=15927

If you don't like it, feel free to suggest others. Smiley
This person is not qualified to act as an escrow. He does not have trading experience, nor is he trusted in the community.

It would probably be better to pick from someone on this escrow thread as it is generally kept the most up to date. here is another escrow list, however it is not kept as up to date.
Excellent idea, thank you very much!  I have enlisted the help of someone from that first forum, and he should be home in less than 2 hours to help out.  Thank you!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:39:17 AM

I can confirm that I have been contacted to handle escrow for this transaction.

I have been given the userID of the account that is being sold, and have verified that:

• It is a Full Member account.
  • The account does not have any negative feedback at this time.
  • The account does have positive feedback from at least three members whose feedback is NOT considered "Trusted" by the DefaultTrust list with Trust depth=2.
  • The account does NOT have any feedback from anyone whose feedback IS considered "Trusted" by the DefaultTrust list with Trust depth=2.
  • The account does have more than 190 "Activity".
  • All posts are in English.
  • In my personal opinion, the grammar isn't horrible.

Please note:

In my experience, it is EXTREMELY common for a sold account to be given back to the original owner by the site administrator AFTER the bitcoins have already been paid.

For this reason, I generally prefer not to hold escrow for an account transfer unless the following conditions are all met:

• The account being sold has a bitcoin address in an unedited post from more than 6 months ago.
  • The seller of the account can provide a message signed with the private key from that address which states:
    "I have am transferring ownership of this bitcointalk account to the owner of the private key of the following address: 1Kc5SzTBvKmXzqAqFFYwWmdtSg83XAqsRR".
  • The seller of the account is willing to leave the purchase funds in escrow for 30 days after the buyer has control of the account.

If the account buyer is willing to forgo any of these conditions, then they are taking upon themselves the risk of being scammed.  In that case, escrow provides no practical protection for the account buyer, and exists only as a placebo to trick the account buyer into believing they have an increased chance of a successful transaction.
Kiritsugu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:49:45 AM

I can confirm that I have been contacted to handle escrow for this transaction.

I have been given the userID of the account that is being sold, and have verified that:

• It is a Full Member account.
  • The account does not have any negative feedback at this time.
  • The account does have positive feedback from at least three members whose feedback is NOT considered "Trusted" by the DefaultTrust list with Trust depth=2.
  • The account does NOT have any feedback from anyone whose feedback IS considered "Trusted" by the DefaultTrust list with Trust depth=2.
  • The account does have more than 190 "Activity".
  • All posts are in English.
  • In my personal opinion, the grammar isn't horrible.

Please note:

In my experience, it is EXTREMELY common for a sold account to be given back to the original owner by the site administrator AFTER the bitcoins have already been paid.

For this reason, I generally prefer not to hold escrow for an account transfer unless the following conditions are all met:

• The account being sold has a bitcoin address in an unedited post from more than 6 months ago.
  • The seller of the account can provide a message signed with the private key from that address which states:
    "I have am transferring ownership of this bitcointalk account to the owner of the private key of the following address: 1Kc5SzTBvKmXzqAqFFYwWmdtSg83XAqsRR".
  • The seller of the account is willing to leave the purchase funds in escrow for 30 days after the buyer has control of the account.

If the account buyer is willing to forgo any of these conditions, then they are taking upon themselves the risk of being scammed.  In that case, escrow provides no practical protection for the account buyer, and exists only as a placebo to trick the account buyer into believing they have an increased chance of a successful transaction.
Thank you DannyHamilton, for all your help and for providing the escrow.

Some information for everyone else here:

I have a buyer that has contacted me and offered .14btc for the account, so before I proceed with any other offers, I will try to complete his as he was the first to offer a buy price.

Of the three suggestions DannyHamilton offered, unfortunately I can't comply with any of those.  The reason for the first two being that I never actually posted a btc address in a forum with that account, I didn't have a reason to.  For the last reason, I simply just need the btc sooner than 30 days.

However, I will at least give you my word that I will not try to re-gain the account.  Once you pay for it, it's yours, and I promise to never interfere with your business - no questions asked.  I've made the account I'm currently using to replace my old one instead.  Literally the only reason I'm selling this other undisclosed account is because I just wanted to make some btc.  I'm not here to scam anyone, just want to sell the account, and move on. Smiley  I know that "my word" doesn't mean much on the internet, but unfortunately it's all I have to offer.

Thanks to any of you who consider the deal, especially the guy that offered first!  Danny will be in contact with you soon!
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 02:58:02 AM

I would say that as a general rule the first two conditions are very important and any buyer will risk claims that the account was hacked at anytime in the future (although a 6 month old address may be a little overkill - a full member account is probably not even 6 months old).

I can say from personal experience that it is still possible claim your account was hacked and can credibility prove that you were once the owner of an account even if your post history does not have a BTC address (although there may also be other evidence that the previous owner should not remain in control of the account anymore).
Kiritsugu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:04:25 AM

I would say that as a general rule the first two conditions are very important and any buyer will risk claims that the account was hacked at anytime in the future (although a 6 month old address may be a little overkill - a full member account is probably not even 6 months old).

I can say from personal experience that it is still possible claim your account was hacked and can credibility prove that you were once the owner of an account even if your post history does not have a BTC address (although there may also be other evidence that the previous owner should not remain in control of the account anymore).
I understand the importance of those two things, however there's nothing I can do about it now, as I never had a post with an old btc addy of mine in them.  I trust what both of you are saying, and both of those things are extremely valuable in terms of maintaining transaction validity, but there's nothing I can do to change that now.
Kiritsugu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:47:39 PM

Taking into account a few of the things these veteran members have said, I've decided to drop my price a bit.  I am still interested in selling the account using DannyHamilton as my escrow, but the new price is 0.125btc.

Thanks everyone!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: