Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:42:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the CGMINER developer get a loaner unit from BFL?  (Read 6224 times)
jjshabadoo

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 04:16:22 PM

Unbelieveable how much crap guys like Con have to go through to provide great free software and they get like what , 50 bucks in BTC ? lol

While profiteering douchebags like BFL and their cult of minions make a killing.

Anyone want to send ckolivas 50 BTC in advance for the next cgminer release? It will be available in 6 months, he promises <wink>

BTW, LUKE-JR =  fail

For the last ten or so months I have been following BTC it seems you are always in the middle of some type of shit storm. Wake up buddy. When you're always involved, the problem is likely YOU.

Kano and others have helped countless people here for free from everything including linux installs, etc.

You my friend just bitch and moan.

For the record, I don't know Kano or Con from Adam and what I posted is no representation of them in any way. Although you should all send Ckolivas a final BTC donation for his cgminer work and I guess Kano, although I'm not sure how their relationship works in this whole thing.

No one will need to work on ASIC so they deserve it for the GPU mining period.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 05:31:49 PM

Unbelieveable how much crap guys like Con have to go through to provide great free software and they get like what , 50 bucks in BTC ? lol

While profiteering douchebags like BFL and their cult of minions make a killing.

Anyone want to send ckolivas 50 BTC in advance for the next cgminer release? It will be available in 6 months, he promises <wink>

BTW, LUKE-JR =  fail

For the last ten or so months I have been following BTC it seems you are always in the middle of some type of shit storm. Wake up buddy. When you're always involved, the problem is likely YOU.

Kano and others have helped countless people here for free from everything including linux installs, etc.

For the record, I don't know Kano or Con from Adam and what I posted is no representation of them in any way. Although you should all send Ckolivas a final BTC donation for his cgminer work and I guess Kano, although I'm not sure how their relationship works in this whole thing.

No one will need to work on ASIC so they deserve it for the GPU mining period.

+1 for this useful post.

+1 for ckolivas and his great software.

-1 for Luke-JR killing CLC coin and also ( supposedly ) doing LTC TX spam testing.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 05:34:08 PM

BTW, LUKE-JR =  fail

Luke, I cannot believe I'm always the one defending you.  PLEASE put your messages on a 24-hour emotional-intensity hold.  Sad

jjshaboohshoobah, you're so wrong I think one of my testicles started aching.  Luke does not interact well with humans, but he has done far, far more than bitch and moan.  That said, he has done a fair amount of bitching and moaning, and creating a bunch more bitching and moaning in reply.

The thing I learned ages ago with Luke is that you have to let a lot of stuff slide.  Don't discuss opinions, because he has too much energy and investment and will exhaust anyone with counterclaims and arguments.  Unfortunately, they're mostly well-reasoned, so it becomes mostly an emotional slapfest.

Stay on topic with Luke, and grow up and ignore the bait.  He works his ass off for BTC.  I don't know a lot of people who care as much, or devote as much effort, into doing what is right for BTC.  Sometimes he is factually wrong, naïve, or outright ignorant, and can step outside his center of knowledge, but you have to center yourself and realize they are HIS issues, and deal with facts, not wishes.  If you bring your issues in, then you're just going to waste your time and his time.

From what I've seen, Luke is competent enough to support FPGA/ASIC/etc. with BFGMiner with or without c(g)miner from which to draw.  Whether people let this happen depends on their ability to interact with difficult but productive personalities.

+1
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2012, 05:54:54 PM

+1

Get your own thread, troll.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 06:22:29 PM

bulanula is allowed to +1, but he isn't?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 06:22:57 PM

Don't mind them, they are butt-buddies on IRC. Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 06:28:18 PM

My post was not simple spamming of "+1" crap.

I included some relevant information in there too ( the reasons for the votes ).
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 05:51:06 AM

Don't mind them, they are butt-buddies on IRC. Grin

someone's jealous.

EIEIO:

jjshabadoo

Activity: 535

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 11:59:54 PM

OK, kind of new I should have stuck to supporting kano and con for their cgminer work and just STFU on Luke.

Good call, my bad, carry on.

I honestly have no f'in clue what Luke does, so I won't comment about him again.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 12:11:45 AM

In regards to getting con mining gear, I have donated heavily towards the 2.5.0 release of cgminer. This should go a long way to helping con getting any equipment he may want or need.

I would also recommend others donate to him so that he can purchase some ASIC gear.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 12:45:33 AM

OK, kind of new I should have stuck to supporting kano and con for their cgminer work and just STFU on Luke.

I honestly have no f'in clue what Luke does, so I won't comment about him again.
I took CGMiner, the GPU miner, and rewrote significant pieces to make it modular and support FPGAs additionally. Everything FPGA-related in CGMiner is based on that work, but Con has opted to fork it in CGMiner and force me to continue the original modular/FPGA project independently as BFGMiner. Don't buy into the trolls and their FUD. Despite Con's renewed interest in maintaining CGMiner as a fork of BFGMiner now that he realizes GPUs are history, the original (BFGMiner) is still better. Wink

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 12:47:26 AM

I took CGMiner, the GPU miner, and rewrote significant pieces to make it modular and support FPGAs additionally. Everything FPGA-related in CGMiner is based on that work, but Con has opted to fork it in CGMiner and force me to continue the original modular/FPGA project independently as BFGMiner. Don't buy into the trolls and their FUD. Despite Con's renewed interest in maintaining CGMiner as a fork of BFGMiner now that he realizes GPUs are history, the original (BFGMiner) is still better. Wink
You ought to be hanged from a tree for making it sound as though you were the original writer of cgminer. Quit using such weasel language.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 12:50:48 AM

You ought to be hanged from a tree for making it sound as though you were the original writer of cgminer. Quit using such weasel language.
The original author of the codebase was Jeff Garzik. Con added GPU support. I added FPGA support. Con then took the FPGA support into his, and eventually forked from the main FPGA codebase. As of right now, CGMiner as it is, is a fork of BFGMiner. That is the truth.

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 12:52:04 AM

The original author of the codebase was Jeff Garzik. Con added GPU support. I added FPGA support. Con then took the FPGA support into his, and eventually forked from the main FPGA codebase. As of right now, CGMiner as it is, is a fork of BFGMiner. That is the truth.
[/quote]

Forking really is relative.  Selectively choosing which updates to pull while pushing your own doesn't make you a fork.

EIEIO:

Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 01:00:32 AM

Forking really is relative.  Selectively choosing which updates to pull while pushing your own doesn't make you a fork.
Forking is when the maintainer changes. In this case, BFGMiner has the same maintainers (Con still indirectly maintains the pool and GPU code, and I still maintain the FPGAs as I always have) and CGMiner has had a hostile change of maintainership (cutting me out of the loop because Con likes Kano better, initially, and more recently as a way to slander BFL by claiming they don't support the project).

MykelSilver

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 05:47:31 PM

Agreed, but BFL's software won't do SOLO mining.
Are you sure? Have you seen their software yet?
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 05:57:29 PM

Agreed, but BFL's software won't do SOLO mining.
Are you sure? Have you seen their software yet?

Unless they release a new version, their software is pretty limited.  Check it out on their website.

EIEIO:

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 05:58:37 PM

the original (BFGMiner) is still better. Wink

Better watch out. Jesus doesn't like prideful statements like this.
MykelSilver

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 06:01:24 PM

Unless they release a new version, their software is pretty limited.  Check it out on their website.
I have. No examples / screenshots of their software. Only their hardware.
I'm very interested in the kind of software they use with their stuff (Yes I know EasyMiner is mentioned a couple of times, but no real user guides of this software)
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 12:14:13 AM

Enough with all of your spam in the threads , why don't you each go your separate ways with your forks. Luke take all of conman's code out of your fork and then proceed from there. It should work fine, after all, you have stated:      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90656.msg1015760#msg1015760
      "The original author of the codebase was Jeff Garzik. Con added GPU support."
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: