Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:34:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The new wealthy elite world order  (Read 1267 times)
freeyoungmike (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:31:38 AM

By putting up buy walls for those who are cutting losses and exiting (helping them),even if bitcoin price goes 1$ we are the new wealthy elite.

What does it mean to become a new wealthy elite? Sooner or later this will happen beacause bitcoin has revolutionary real world purposes.
What kind of world we would be living? How new wealthy elite rules the world? What kind of world order and laws? And purposes?  Smiley
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 03:29:52 PM

You come with dreams, like most of us. Good for you, especially now  Grin

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:12:20 PM

How can we be the new wealthy elite if bitcoin has the purchasing power of 1USD?
JLynn171

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:00:10 PM

By putting up buy walls for those who are cutting losses and exiting (helping them),even if bitcoin price goes 1$ we are the new wealthy elite.

What does it mean to become a new wealthy elite? Sooner or later this will happen beacause bitcoin has revolutionary real world purposes.
What kind of world we would be living? How new wealthy elite rules the world? What kind of world order and laws? And purposes?  Smiley

until BTC is an equal competitor to prize of Gold/Oz on a pretty stable basis I dont see it ever being in competition with the worlds elite considering right now any one of the top 1% of worlds wealthiest people could buy every btc in existance and crash the market and not bat an eye to it
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4488

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:20:02 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 07:32:20 PM by franky1

What kind of world we would be living? How new wealthy elite rules the world? What kind of world order and laws? And purposes?  Smiley

until BTC is an equal competitor to prize of Gold/Oz on a pretty stable basis I dont see it ever being in competition with the worlds elite considering right now any one of the top 1% of worlds wealthiest people could buy every btc in existance and crash the market and not bat an eye to it

comparing bitcoin to an ounce of gold??
the amount of gold in circulation is about 174,000 tonnes or 6,137,676,000 ounces

so if you want a more fair comparison a bitcoin (with 13.662million in circ) makes 1 bitcoin equivelent to 449oz (based on a rarity scale)

so dont expect 1btc to be worth 449oz anytime soon (to be a fair comparison) but i have no idea why you think 1 bitcoin should be in correlation to 1oz.. there is just no statistic or reason to suggest a bitcoin should be compared to 1oz of gold.. it makes no sense, there is no logical reason for it.

as for saying anyone of the top 1% of the world wealthiest people could buy every BTC in existance and crash the market..

well that is a good thing.
initially to buy EVERY bitcoin, they would have to pay high prices, because as soon as these rich guys start buying. potential sellers will raise their prices as there is demand. and thus the very last btc ever to be bought by someone could fetch many many thousands of fiat..

and now average jo is fiat rich by finally giving in and selling their bitcoin to the rich for the high premium price.. the rich1% guys then tank the price when they sell..

guess what.. the new buyers will get cheaper coins thanks to the rich.

in short. if i sold my bitcoin for $10,000 because i chose to hang on as long as i could to my btc hoard untill they offered me a price i couldnt refuse.. id be a multimillionaire.

id wait till the rich 1%guys tank the price and then if it tanked to $1.. id buy up every btc i could get my hands on to know id have more BTC then i did before the rich guys done the pump and dump..

and so would other smart people, which would bring bitcoin back to stable levels again.

what you need to know is that bitcoin, no matter who owns it or who shouts out that it is bad or good, will be around for atleast 100 years, so no matter how many walls or pump and dumps are tried. each pump and dump will make someone on each side richer or poorer.. which in your case would be the top 1% richguys poorer due to buying coins off us lot at a nice premium.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
JLynn171

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:23:07 PM

comparing bitcoin to an ounce of gold??
the amount of gold in circulation is about 174,000 tonnes or 6,137,676,000 ounces

so if you want a more fair comparison a bitcoin (with 13.662million in circ) makes 1 bitcoin equivelent to 449oz (based on a rarity scale)

so dont expect 1btc to be worth 449oz anytime soon (to be a fair comparison) but i have no idea why you think 1 bitcoin should be in correlation to 1oz.. there is just no statistic or reason to suggest a bitcoin should be compared to 1oz of gold.. it makes no sense, there is no logical reason for it.

as for saying anyone of the top 1% of the world wealthiest people could buy every BTC in existance and crash the market..

well that is a good thing.
initially to buy EVERY bitcoin, they would have to pay high prices, because as soon as these rich guys start buying. potential sellers will raise their prices as there is demand. and thus the very last btc ever to be bought by someone could fetch many many thousands of fiat..

and now average jo is fiat rich by finally giving in and selling their bitcoin to the rich for the high premium price.. the rich guys then tank the price when they sell..

guess what.. the new buyers will get cheaper coins thanks to the rich.

in short. if i sold my bitcoin for $10,000 because i chose to hang on as long as i could to my btc hoard untill they overed me a price i couldnt rfuse.. id be a multimillionaire.

id wait till the rich guys tank the price and then if it tanked to $1.. id buy up every btc i could get my hands on to know id have more BTC then i did before the rich guys done the pump and dump..

and so would other smart people, which would bring bitcoin back to stable levels again.

what you need to know is that bitcoin, no matter who owns it or who shouts out that it is bad or good, will be around for atleast 100 years, so no matter how many walls or pump and dumps are tried. each pump and dump will make someone on each side richer or poorer.. which in your case would be the top 1% richguys poorer due to buying coins off us lot at a nice premium.

Basically what you said about Gold is backing my point i was trying to make exactly
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4488

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:50:06 PM

comparing bitcoin to gold at all is just wrong.

bitcoin is an asset.

gold is:
commodity
product
asset
currency

thus totally different.

what you should do instead is treat bitcoin on its own merits.

for instance if the population of the world put just $100 in their entire lifetime to buy bitcoin, that would make todays circulation cap $700billion, not $4bill.
for instance if the population of the just USA put $100 in their entire lifetime to buy bitcoin, that would make todays circulation cap $31billion, not $4bill.
which is not much of a investment for everyone to commit to, but can cause a price increase beyond golds 1oz price

so lets make it a $1000 investment
it only needs half the population of just new york city to invest just $1000 ever, to get the $4bill cap
it only needs half the population of just london to invest just $1000 ever, to get the $4bill cap
this can be reworded to say that only a quarter of new york and quarter of london combined need to invest $1000 each..

so lets take this a step further.
with just 2 million people. all they need to invest is $2000 EVER to get todays market cap.

so imagine 4 million people=$8bill cap, 7million people (0.1% population)=$14bill cap

so now getting to my point. if only 1% of people just invested $2000.. not their life savings. not their entire retirement portfolio.. just $2k each. bitcoin would have a $140billion cap, which is a $10k / btc price..

so it does not need the elites to cause a pump and dump. and it doesnt need average joe to put all their eggs into one basket. so i still fail to see your worries

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
dsly

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:40:32 PM

Well, even despite having a real world purpose, the price hasn't been going up all the time .
Another thing that determines the price is the adoption and the use by people.

bornil267645

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 03:20:43 AM

Nothing to say about that if the price does drop to $1

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:30:30 AM

Yet Another Interesting bitcointalk.org Thread ("YAIBT"),,,  Smiley

franky1 is right about BTC being its own asset, really its own asset class.  I am more of a gold guy than BTC guy (but have a decent holding of BTC), so I agree that there is no real basis for "comparing" the two.  To the extent that anyone can hold both, you should!  Diversification, fishez!

Re above comments on the super-rich buying up (and maybe then crashing) BTC price, ahh, my guess would be that BTC ownership would prefreably be like gold's ownership: the more who own some, the better off everyone is and the more stable the price (and probably higher price through time).

Imagine if one guy owned all (or almost all of) the gold.  Gold would then be illiquid, and few would want/use it for trade or investment.  It would be hard to value.  For the moment, I believe this would be similar in the case of BTC if Bill Gates bought most BTC (LOL)...

Further, if a 0.01%-er (a mere ordinary member of the 1% is not going to matter ZIPPO) did try to buy all the gold (or BTC), just that fact would start driving up buying prices as the buyer accumulates...  Remember the Hunt brothers in Texas some 40 years ago, ran the price of silver to $50 (for one day!) as they tried to corner it.  Then POW!  They lost it all...

As a non-expert, I have found hardly ANYONE I know to be in BTC.  There DOES seem to be a LARGE LEARNING CURVE (or level of awareness) that must come for BTC to make a big difference.  Will it?  My guess is yes.  Holders of, say, 5 BTC or more will do just fine.

Those who do NOT hold Bitcoin (same for gold, I believe it has a HUGE potential, think $55,000 per oz) may face a "new wealthy elite world order".  And they, as FOFOA writes (from his inspiration "FOA"):

"Those who hate the current financial system will hate the next one too."

Very long and complicated, but worth it to anyone who closely follows gold: fofoa.blogspot.com (I started with his late 2009 pieces), HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 04:00:38 AM

There's a ton of work to be done before Bitcoin can justifiably be highly valuable. When the network can service a significant fraction of the world's transaction volume, then we can talk in such lofty terms. But sitting on our hands will guarantee Bitcoin goes no where....or goes to the rubbish bin. Incentives need to stay aligned throughout the growth of the network.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
a fool and his money ...

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:24:36 AM

How can we be the new wealthy elite if bitcoin has the purchasing power of 1USD?

all you need is the cool aid everyone is on around here. Faith can move mountains, you know?

Incentives need to stay aligned throughout the growth of the network.

incentives for what? The miners or the investors? What we have gone through was too much incentive for mining and not enough for investing. Bitcoin is not balanced enough and provides no incentive for investors because it heavily favours miners. In fact Bitcoin is just one big wealth redistribution from the investors to the miners. So now you have a lot of miners and no investors.
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:39:48 AM

I can tell the ganja has been passed around early this year-end... Wink

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 10:08:31 AM

Exactly. There is no need to go into details.
I don't know where people actually came up with this ideas that Bitcoin/Litecoin -> Gold/Silver?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Muuurrrrica!

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 10:14:34 AM

What kind of world we would be living? How new wealthy elite rules the world? What kind of world order and laws? And purposes?  Smiley

Exactly. There is no need to go into details.
I don't know where people actually came up with this ideas that Bitcoin/Litecoin -> Gold/Silver?

people  in here and everywhere talk shit all day long. In fact they talk because they like to hear themselves talk. You are not excluded from that btw.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 06:55:14 PM

all you need is the cool aid everyone is on around here. Faith can move mountains, you know?

Incentives need to stay aligned throughout the growth of the network.

incentives for what? The miners or the investors? What we have gone through was too much incentive for mining and not enough for investing. Bitcoin is not balanced enough and provides no incentive for investors because it heavily favours miners. In fact Bitcoin is just one big wealth redistribution from the investors to the miners. So now you have a lot of miners and no investors.

The incentives of those who perform work to improve the system...the system for a long while incentivized status quo.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
El Emperador

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:29:41 PM

I really think we'll become the new wealthy elite and it will happen regardless of price.
It will happen because we are the first ones to use and manage a revolutionary technology and in history every early adopter of a new technology ( cars, phones, computers, internet, ect. ) got great rewards.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Zombier0

Activity: 435

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:57:48 PM

I really think we'll become the new wealthy elite and it will happen regardless of price.
It will happen because we are the first ones to use and manage a revolutionary technology and in history every early adopter of a new technology ( cars, phones, computers, internet, ect. ) got great rewards.

This already happened.the early adaptery who got IT For 1-4usd are rich

Thing is me or you are not early adopters.

findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:01:15 PM

Hyperdeflation of dollars so that a loaf of bread will cost you 1Million USD Wink
oleg681010

Activity: 78
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 09:30:02 AM

This order can occur at the time when the last bitcoin will be mined, when the price will rise many times.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: