Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:56:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap Sale. Scrypt miner cheaper than cost. zehash.com  (Read 6045 times)
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 05:35:40 PM

Sorry, been distracted the past few days.  Forgot I needed to update this.  I am really not sure what this damn thing even is.  It looks like some sort of light up toy with 2 buttons, one says "LED" and one says "LASER".  There is this little ring attachment but I'm not sure what I am supposed to attach it to.  I was going to put in some batteries to figure out what it does, but when I pulled off the battery cover I discovered it took AAA and not AA.  Like 95% of electronics take AA but there has to be that one odd ball gadget or remote control that demands you go buy a few of AA's scrawny weakling little brother.  Not happening AAA!  Go away already, no one loves you!

Anyway, I know OP said his miner was hardware modified but unless this is an EXTREME modification, I'd say I got scammed.

Behold, my $133 chinese mystery toy!

TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:48:20 PM

That's a bike light.  The ring goes around your handle or back bar, and the contraption slides on top of that.

Edit: Here we go:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Outdoor-Bicycle-Bike-Cycling-5-Led-2-laser-Tail-Light-Safety-Rear-Retail-Warning-7-Model/32223365966.html
$2.64 with free shipping Smiley

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:57:36 PM

That's a random thing to send Huh
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 06:02:42 PM

Well, I'm going to buy a bike and ride that thing 20 miles a day and I'll get in the best damn shape of my life.  Then I won't even feel like I got scammed because in the end it inspired me to better myself.  That will show him!

Or I'll eat this entire loaf of homemade banana bread I got from my mom's house yesterday, jerk off, take a nap, and forget about the whole thing.

Haven't made up my mind yet.
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 06:10:48 PM

Well, clearly it was just about putting something in an envelope and getting it in the mail.  He could have just mailed a piece of paper with the words "You've been scammed!!".

Assuming he thought I would parade my tracking number around and start yelling about how they were legit.  I did make to sure to point out the fact that just because I had a tracking number doesn't mean they were legit, so hopefully no one ordered anything due to me.  All I did was volunteer to be the guinea pig and report the facts as they came in though.  Nothing to do but move on.  Good show zehash.com, and thank you for the most expensive bike light known to man.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:15:59 PM

Now that was odd... But big ups to SockPuppetAccount for replying and basically being a guinea pig!
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:32:28 PM

[...]
the most expensive bike light known to man.
Sadly, the industry 'scammers' still have that beat.  Behold, the $594 bike light:
http://www.amazon.com/NiteRider-Pro-3600-LED-Light/dp/B009H9RUQC

And yes, those have their share of followers similar to, say, Monster cables.  Bought by people who honestly don't know any better, but like to think that they're connoisseurs, and don't have the money for the real high market stuff.  Oh yes, there's even more expensive bike lights. ( Not that anybody on this forum should care, but: just buy a cheapo chinese flashlight that mounts to rails - much cheaper, about as reliable, more versatile, and if it does break, you just buy a new one for the same price as RMA'ing one of those expensive turds. )
Unfortunately they can't really be called 'scammers' because you do get exactly what's being advertised - the scam only being in the ridiculous mark-up on price.

But big ups to SockPuppetAccount for replying and basically being a guinea pig!
^

hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 07:10:52 PM

Well, clearly it was just about putting something in an envelope and getting it in the mail.  He could have just mailed a piece of paper with the words "You've been scammed!!".

Assuming he thought I would parade my tracking number around and start yelling about how they were legit.  I did make to sure to point out the fact that just because I had a tracking number doesn't mean they were legit, so hopefully no one ordered anything due to me.  All I did was volunteer to be the guinea pig and report the facts as they came in though.  Nothing to do but move on.  Good show zehash.com, and thank you for the most expensive bike light known to man.

Yeah thanks for testing out the service, I'm sorry you got scammed. Just goes to show us all what to look out for in the future. Scammers are everywhere now.
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 07:35:32 PM

[...]
the most expensive bike light known to man.
Sadly, the industry 'scammers' still have that beat.  Behold, the $594 bike light:
http://www.amazon.com/NiteRider-Pro-3600-LED-Light/dp/B009H9RUQC

And yes, those have their share of followers similar to, say, Monster cables.  Bought by people who honestly don't know any better, but like to think that they're connoisseurs, and don't have the money for the real high market stuff.  Oh yes, there's even more expensive bike lights. ( Not that anybody on this forum should care, but: just buy a cheapo chinese flashlight that mounts to rails - much cheaper, about as reliable, more versatile, and if it does break, you just buy a new one for the same price as RMA'ing one of those expensive turds. )
Unfortunately they can't really be called 'scammers' because you do get exactly what's being advertised - the scam only being in the ridiculous mark-up on price.

But big ups to SockPuppetAccount for replying and basically being a guinea pig!
^

Wow, well I guess with the right marketing, you can convince people your stuff is truly the best just because it's the most expensive.  I suppose to a truly ultra-rich person, like top 0.01-0.1%, there isn't much of a difference between spending $5 on a bike light and $600 on a bike light.

Audiophiles are the best for that shit.  There is a sticky somewhere on the head-fi forums where this guy reviews a dozen different POWER CABLES.  Some of them costing hundreds or thousands of dollars.  And this guy is actually convinced they make a difference in the slightest.  Most delusional group of idiots I have ever seen.

Oh, and this one is classic.  The 13,500$ HMDI cable!  http://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Diamond-52-49-Braided-Cable/dp/B00IL3TZSQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1423422923&sr=1-2&keywords=diamond+hdmi

Anyway, just had to throw that out there.  Abandon thread!
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 12:53:48 PM

49K$ headphones. Beat that.
http://www.amazon.com/Siberia-Headset-Orange-Please-description/dp/B00HXKCGN4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1424523194&sr=1-1&keywords=Gaming+computer
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 12:58:14 PM

I heard on the radio the other day they were talking about 'perfect' $50k speaker cable on Amazon I think and some had been sold. Obviously people out there with more money than sense.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: