Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:14:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Unofficial HashProfit Thread  (Read 10089 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 01:50:02 PM

Just a small doubt, if we can't find that anonymous person, how can they punished? Huh

Doesnt seem like conmaster222 would be anonymous enough.

Yes he isn't that anonymous but I asked about people behind HP and other HYIP/scams.

BTW, googling around, it seems promoting ponzi's is illegal in Russia too:

The bill also stipulates punishment for those who compel people to make a payment and join a pyramid scheme.

The Finance Ministry has also proposed amending the Administrative Offences Code to introduce administrative penalties for organizing pyramids, compelling people to make a payment or promoting these schemes.

http://rapsinews.com/legislation_news/20140924/272184843.html

Doesnt go as far as SEC regulations, but its nice to know even in Russia you could get in serious trouble for putting these ponzi banners in your signature.

I think in almost all countries promoting such things are illegal and may get severe punishments.

~~MZ~~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Charlie11223

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 02:02:42 PM

Just a small doubt, if we can't find that anonymous person, how can they punished? Huh

Doesnt seem like conmaster222 would be anonymous enough.

Yes he isn't that anonymous but I asked about people behind HP and other HYIP/scams.

BTW, googling around, it seems promoting ponzi's is illegal in Russia too:

The bill also stipulates punishment for those who compel people to make a payment and join a pyramid scheme.

The Finance Ministry has also proposed amending the Administrative Offences Code to introduce administrative penalties for organizing pyramids, compelling people to make a payment or promoting these schemes.

http://rapsinews.com/legislation_news/20140924/272184843.html

Doesnt go as far as SEC regulations, but its nice to know even in Russia you could get in serious trouble for putting these ponzi banners in your signature.

I think in almost all countries promoting such things are illegal and may get severe punishments.

~~MZ~~

Then again I am sure most of us who invested got news of Hashprofit from friends or other people.
We can't persecute everyone who's ever promoted HashProfit (thinking it was legit)
With that being said, Coinmaster222 really should have known better considering his seniority in the field.

What's important is to find the people behind Hashprofit so that they won't pull this scam again in 6 months.
They are clearly very competent in the Bitcoin field and have probably been around for a while doing these sort of scams.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 02:09:22 PM

We can't persecute everyone who's ever promoted HashProfit (thinking it was legit)

Why not? I sure hope they try.
BTW, it can be taken a step further: prosecute this very forum:
http://rapsinews.com/news/20140211/270688354.html

maybe that would finally make theymos reconsider his idiotic forum policies.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 02:28:38 PM

Care to explain?

P.S. Just read the news. A radio want to pay the fees? Shocked No wonder if the forum is charged then. Roll Eyes

~~MZ~~

Charlie11223

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:12:29 PM

I don't believe the forum itself has been advertising Ponzi sites like Hashprofit.
We cannot hold the forum responsible for what some people post on it.
If we did then most forums on the internet would have to close or be heavily moderated/censored.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:42:26 PM

I don't believe the forum itself has been advertising Ponzi sites like Hashprofit.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=818048.msg9257332#msg9257332

If we did then most forums on the internet would have to close or be heavily moderated/censored.

http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=4101cfa8-8841-4fae-bd88-89e26407b47e
7dogs

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:36:39 PM

All furiosity is justified, but better calm down and try not to harm any possible good intentions. It is in our interest that HP return into this world and find a viable solution.
Charlie11223

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 12:32:15 PM

http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=4101cfa8-8841-4fae-bd88-89e26407b47e

Yes then I agree the forum should be held responsible too.
Anyone got anymore news about this scam? I guess its safe to say that our money is lost now right?
zerocoder

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 06:45:54 PM

I am try to translate as much Russian post as I can and seems like there is an announcement from that company, related to their movement to China but I am not even sure, most of those posts being nonsense after translation.

So if you have any news related to company share please.

"Break the Big Banks" - http://BERN.cash - #‎NotMeUS #rEVOLution
BERN BRpJhL4VVsJPwVnHc26iqG3kxxKtF6UEFo
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 11:18:20 AM

I am try to translate as much Russian post as I can and seems like there is an announcement from that company, related to their movement to China but I am not even sure, most of those posts being nonsense after translation.

So if you have any news related to company share please.

AFAIK if you add /en after HP link, the page shows in English. They are telling that their experts are now on holidays and they will come back by January 5th. So lets wait till January 5. Smiley

~~MZ~~

broadsword

Activity: 197

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:55:07 AM

Yes then I agree the forum should be held responsible too.
Anyone got anymore news about this scam? I guess its safe to say that our money is lost now right?

i dont see how the forum is to blame for anything. did the forum once say we support the coin? no. did the forum post tell you to buy the coin? no. it is your decision to make from the info given. even if hashprofit bought adverts it is not forum responsibility as only information is provided to you. as long as they do not support the info or back it up by recommending it only then it would be wise to blame the forum
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:22:08 PM

i dont see how the forum is to blame for anything. did the forum once say we support the coin? no. did the forum post tell you to buy the coin? no. it is your decision to make from the info given. even if hashprofit bought adverts it is not forum responsibility as only information is provided to you. as long as they do not support the info or back it up by recommending it only then it would be wise to blame the forum
That's really up to each user to decide. Either way, the more "official" parts of the Bitcoin community (like this forum and Bitcoin conferences) are doing a huge disservice to Bitcoin by not saying no to money from such obvious scams. It would be much better for everybody if they didn't give away credibility so easily.

Anyway, Theymos has personally accepted these ads and displayed them on a site he controls, so if anyone has lost money because they thought his judgement was better regarding this then they can for instance give him a negative trust rating.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 12:28:21 PM

Anyway, Theymos has personally accepted these ads and displayed them on a site he controls, so if anyone has lost money because they thought his judgement was better regarding this then they can for instance give him a negative trust rating.

I haven't seen scam sites being advertised here. He has even declined Bitmixer bid. Can you provide any links to the scam-bids being accepted by Theymos?

~~MZ~~

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:35:47 PM

I haven't seen scam sites being advertised here. He has even declined Bitmixer bid. Can you provide any links to the scam-bids being accepted by Theymos?
There's a link in the quotes in the message above mine. PB mining.
broadsword

Activity: 197

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:38:27 PM

~~MZ~~

ads like bitmixer should be declined. any ads where they require you too give btc with no protection (exc investments) should be declined
alienesb (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:55:10 PM

Something going on perhaps but it looks like it's Russians first and the rest later. I hope that isn't the case because they were great before blowing up. Fingers crossed they fix this up and make other investors whole (you know, like me!)

From hashprofit.com

Today resumes service in protected mode.

Despite warnings from the administration of the service, many people succumbed to panic and preprinyali number of actions discrediting and disrupting service.

Also, the attacker managed to get a substantial part of the information about the users of the service, as well as, in some cases, their authorization data.

All of these actions have led to a significant reduction in the efficiency of mining and many other negative consequences.

Despite everything that happened, from today (05.01.2015) the date of payment will be resumed with the applied information and technical infrastructure damage.

Set the following priorities and limitations of payment:

The first priority of payments get users residing in the territory of the Russian Federation.
Payments will be carried out at least 1 time in 14 days, and if there are good opportunities - every 7 days.
Users to take action to discredit the project or any other actions that could potentially harm the project will be lowered priority for the payments to a minimum until the delisting payments.
Our team has always understood the risks associated with the project, and in the process of service development project launched not only HP, but a few services of this kind. In the most successful of them, running 3.5 months ago, was taken into account the experience gained during the development of the project HP. He is more perfect and attractive for the following:

It is aimed at a Western audience, because, as a rule, it is more advanced and solvency.
The mechanism of payment cards VISA and MasterCard.
A web camera, showing a data center in real time.
Interface translated into 10 most popular languages.
Modern, tech and lightweight design of the site.
Hundreds of other smaller improvements.
It - only the most developed to date service, in addition to running his or tested more than 20 different types of services. As a result, all users to exercise prudence and support service at the stage of its formation and development will be rewarded.

Thank you for your support and understanding.
jokerboy

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:07:45 PM

So are they coming back or what ?
alienesb (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:08:39 PM

So are they coming back or what ?

I guess we'll know more when/if they put the site back up with login ability. I hope this audit (according to Coinmaster22 that is what's happening) will keep in mind that people that paid BTC were not scamming the low price of PFC for exploiting it into hashrate. Users that paid BTC should take precedence in my opinion.
7dogs

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:53:44 PM

PFC skyrockets
7dogs

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:01:45 PM

As long as HP manage to keep up with the good news, PFC has every reason for a solid rise expectation. There seems to be momentum
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: