Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:40:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How should we continue?  (Voting closed: January 04, 2015, 06:09:36 PM)
Burn the faucet funds, reduce our market cap and continue with development (no more coins will be generated other than the 25% POS). Release source code. - 57 (57.6%)
(Assuming they want to) Collaborate with Fenghush for a method to make the faucet more secure. Closed source until the end of distribution. - 11 (11.1%)
Stay with the faucet until the end of distribution as planned. This is simply the same as a large miner would be to any other coin (VPS = hashrate). Closed source until the end of distribution. - 10 (10.1%)
Burn faucet funds, start POW for the same amount of time as distribution with a reward system that will lead to the equivalent amount of FIND being mined as was burned (community will vote again if this option is chosen). Release source code. - 11 (11.1%)
Tell everyone how to cheat, reimplement proxy into wallet, and release source code (if everyone cheats no one cheats). - 2 (2%)
Use the remaining faucet funds to add to our bounty funds. Release source code. - 5 (5.1%)
Other (please explain in the thread). - 3 (3%)
Total Voters: 99

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote For FindCoin's Distribution  (Read 3823 times)
johnbrainless

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:45:04 PM

-snip-
That "small issue" which you deemed unworthy for a fork was most likely the reason you had to stop the faucet. I'm sorry but you guys are clueless, you were working hard to get this going, I'm sure about that, but you were clearly improvising as issues came along without much thought and in the end you dropped the ball and now you have a bunch of annoyed brats calling you scammers. My advise is to drop the whole thing, start from scratch, do a beta test, then relaunch with a solid platform in a month or so, if you need any help I'm always online.

If it works it's don't fix it doesn't cut it with crypto where prying eyes are looking for easy pray. You need to think about how your platform can fail rather than what it would take to work

I do agree with you on the point that the issue could have lead to the faucet's end, but you have to consider what it actually was. The people who actually have enough power and know-how to execute an attack on the faucet could have easily monitored outgoing connections and found that URL. What we had to do was implement something that verifies the wallet is indeed a wallet (maybe a key hard coded into it that an attacker couldn't take), but the problem there is that there are still ways to easily exploit it such as getting a VPS. For now, what's done is done and until the 2,000 wallets came on in an hour, our faucet was distributing on par with the expectations we had from the download count. Therefore, our most logical solution (I believe) would be to drop the Proof of Faucet idea and move on, it's clear that the old implementation of FindYouCoin didn't survive and since our distribution is fair at the moment simply burning the coins should suffice. If there's a reason to relaunch here, I don't see it as Proof of Faucet cannot be fixed to stop a VPS.

completely agree with quad

♝ Pandacoin   ♝ Buy With Paypal Or Credit Card ♝ FaceBook tipping ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Active Dev Team ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Paper Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☠☠☠☠☠☠☠ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
fenghush

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:46:24 PM

-snip-
That "small issue" which you deemed unworthy for a fork was most likely the reason you had to stop the faucet. I'm sorry but you guys are clueless, you were working hard to get this going, I'm sure about that, but you were clearly improvising as issues came along without much thought and in the end you dropped the ball and now you have a bunch of annoyed brats calling you scammers. My advise is to drop the whole thing, start from scratch, do a beta test, then relaunch with a solid platform in a month or so, if you need any help I'm always online.

If it works it's don't fix it doesn't cut it with crypto where prying eyes are looking for easy pray. You need to think about how your platform can fail rather than what it would take to work

I do agree with you on the point that the issue could have lead to the faucet's end, but you have to consider what it actually was. The people who actually have enough power and know-how to execute an attack on the faucet could have easily monitored outgoing connections and found that URL. What we had to do was implement something that verifies the wallet is indeed a wallet (maybe a key hard coded into it that an attacker couldn't take), but the problem there is that there are still ways to easily exploit it such as getting a VPS. For now, what's done is done and until the 2,000 wallets came on in an hour, our faucet was distributing on par with the expectations we had from the download count. Therefore, our most logical solution (I believe) would be to drop the Proof of Faucet idea and move on, it's clear that the old implementation of FindYouCoin didn't survive and since our distribution is fair at the moment simply burning the coins should suffice. If there's a reason to relaunch here, I don't see it as Proof of Faucet cannot be fixed to stop a VPS.

Sure you can stop VPS, just don't credit requests made from non residential ISP ranges, there are ready lists available, or like I said earlier you can just use the maxmind api which is meant for order fraud prevention https://www.maxmind.com/en/geoip2-anonymous-ip-database. And if SSL is implemented correctly it will be quite a task to figure out what requests i.e. secret handshake is made between the wallet and faucet server, at least not without some really in-depth wallet debugging.

I'll bet you 10BTC nobody bothered to run 2000 instances of the wallet, the requests came directly to the faucet url from a botnet.

M28MmickT

Activity: 433

BTG CEO

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:49:33 PM

Can you two STFU?

You are not helping the situation.

Would you go and put you dick in the ass of a donkey?

Then you have your answer little boy

Callist0

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:50:12 PM

Burn the faucet funds, reduce our market cap and continue with development (no more coins will be generated other than the 25% POS). Release source code.

+1

I am absolute noob but my vote is for this Wink
Quadmium (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 05:07:00 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2015, 05:28:46 AM by Quadmium

-snip-

Sure you can stop VPS, just don't credit requests made from non residential ISP ranges, there are ready lists available, or like I said earlier you can just use the maxmind api which is meant for order fraud prevention https://www.maxmind.com/en/geoip2-anonymous-ip-database. And if SSL is implemented correctly it will be quite a task to figure out what requests i.e. secret handshake is made between the wallet and faucet server, at least not without some really in-depth wallet debugging.

I'll bet you 10BTC nobody bothered to run 2000 instances of the wallet, the requests came directly to the faucet url from a botnet.

I wouldn't take that bet Smiley. I looked over the maxmind API and I think its just what we needed, but my biggest point was that we distributed fairly up until now and the most elegant solution would be to burn the funds. Do you agree with this?
Xmm

Activity: 440

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 05:41:18 PM

Pretty safe to say 23094823049 above is pissed off that he can't suck up funds with all of his wallets anymore  Cheesy

Burn the coins.

If I was you I would check my (as in mine) posts carefully.

That being said, nobody seems to have answered my question:
Why does this wallet require SO MUCH fucking processing power?
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Intel G3220  about 4-9% CPU time ( POS enabled )

Arambol

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:21:48 PM

I vote for #1
HarryPotHead

Activity: 192

You are what you eat. PIZZA!

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:43:47 PM

I vote number one burn the coins, Release source code and move on

faluyt

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:59:51 AM

VPS is unfair? LOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL? I know there are a lot of fucking jealous guys here. You devs are stupid and narrow mind.
Quadmium (OP)

Activity: 184

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:42:52 AM

VPS is unfair? LOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL? I know there are a lot of fucking jealous guys here. You devs are stupid and narrow mind.

There is an option to vote for keeping the faucet on by the logic that VPS = hashrate. Does that not apply to you?
johnbrainless

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:52:24 AM

just end it allready

♝ Pandacoin   ♝ Buy With Paypal Or Credit Card ♝ FaceBook tipping ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Active Dev Team ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Paper Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
MisterGreen

Activity: 285

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:52:44 AM

Yeah, just burn the witch, eh funds already! Grin
johnbrainless

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:23:55 AM

Yeah, just burn the witch, eh funds already! Grin

this coin can go very far if we take good care of it

HarryPotHead

Activity: 192

You are what you eat. PIZZA!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:53:56 AM

I have said it before and i will say it again, who is jealous of a few dollars VPS? I gained more coins than you clowns for 1/2 of the price anyway i am so jealous  Grin

As for the devs not bending over to help you get a couple more k Find threw the faucet, instead they continue to be Fair and let the community choose, wow they are stupid and narrow minded for this aha loser stop crying.

Your post is one of a spoilt brat and i am glad your not getting anymore Find to dump. Jealous lololol!!

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:31:38 PM

tba no real options, cheaters killed the coin, sorry for the work the dev team put in. however who'd invest in a coin that cheaters gamed the distribution  Angry

toddtervy

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 01:37:29 PM

Not knowing too much about this coin, I voted to burn 'em.  Some in the thread suggest this coins distribution was gamed, so not sure how that will factor into it.  Best of luck.

Get off my c@ck !
Zeloin

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:20:15 PM

If burn I lost my coins collected? It´s so many hours with an open wallet spending light.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:46:13 PM

If burn I lost my coins collected? It´s so many hours with an open wallet spending light.
no. burn refers to the coins yet not distributed. Guys/Gals, please read things before posting. It is all written here at the top of the page.

this space is intentionally left blank
johnbrainless

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:59:04 PM

burn

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 03:15:40 PM

burn them will be fair if i didnt know that all thjose chaters already have his coins, so burn is fair but what about all of them who already cheat it?

Im not sure but maybe there is a better solution about it, maybe something like distribute the rest of coins between all of those wallets who didnt cheat, i mean before you guys discover all those fake wallets vps.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: