Bitcoin Forum
December 09, 2016, 04:22:27 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Now Funded] Help build a better Bitcoin logo!  (Read 32725 times)
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 11:11:47 PM

We need a new video to introduce the new logo. Maybe this time a Kinetic Typography style video.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MathCampbell

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 06:39:59 PM

I'd have to agree...the current logo is ok...a little cute and unserious looking, but friendly and unthreatening. I'd like to see something better. I'll throw in BTC10 for a set of vector format public domain logos. I'd like to see a three colors (or less) version, a full color version, one that looks good in grayscale and in binary black and white. That set should all be "the same logo," so to speak (clearly each will be slightly different to accommodate the constraints). We need at least two logo sets with different aspect ratios: a square logo and a rectangular logo...not the same as each other, although one might contain the other.
Thank you so much for your pledge!

I'll make sure to forward your specifications to the designer.

Cheers,
-Jon

To clarify -- the two aspect ratios stuff above...I think we need a square-ish graphic logo and a rectangular graphic logo + slogan/text. Many web/mobile uses need square shapes (favicons/app icons) while website front pages often have a rectangular logo/slogan combo in the upper right corner.

At any rate, I'm more generous than picky, so good luck!  I hope we see something great; we've already seen some great starts. I appreciate your foresight on this issue...Bitcoin needs to look as cool as it is, or people won't spend the time to learn how cool it is. 

I disagree on the square/rectangular idea.
A good logo should be able to be presented IN a square etc.  But look at the Apple logo - it is neither square nor rectangular, closer to a circle, but can be presented in any way you choose.  A circular logo, based on the coin is fine for usage anywhere, as long as it is well designed.  As for use in icons etc. a logo is NOT an icon.  An application icon (my speciality, actually), can include a logo, but would be more specific to the app itself, rather than the brand it uses
For instance, say someone writes a wallet-app for iOS.  Square (ok, rounded square) icon required, but it wouldn't just be the logo, be it coin, square or otherwise in the square. It would probably be a wallet, with a bitcoin poking out etc, using the space well to emphasise not only that the app is bitcoin related but also that it is a wallet...

Obviously I like my design or else I wouldn't have done it, but regardless of which logo you use, it has to A) sum up bitcoin well, and B) be usable in all colours/mediums (which is why I kept my version very simple; small size won't kill it, nor will low-gamut or even single-gamut printing etc.).  If those two factors are not the overriding objectives here, then you don't need and shouldn't use a new logo, since the old one has very good brand recognition (hence why I tried to stay as close as possible to it)

If you like my work, feel free to donate:
1EUGrS4nRKpTtMrfbwwq4EziYpVCF8vym6
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Got GLIPH? https://gli.ph/m *p-d-d

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 07:25:55 PM

I'd have to agree...the current logo is ok...a little cute and unserious looking, but friendly and unthreatening. I'd like to see something better. I'll throw in BTC10 for a set of vector format public domain logos. I'd like to see a three colors (or less) version, a full color version, one that looks good in grayscale and in binary black and white. That set should all be "the same logo," so to speak (clearly each will be slightly different to accommodate the constraints). We need at least two logo sets with different aspect ratios: a square logo and a rectangular logo...not the same as each other, although one might contain the other.
Thank you so much for your pledge!

I'll make sure to forward your specifications to the designer.

Cheers,
-Jon

To clarify -- the two aspect ratios stuff above...I think we need a square-ish graphic logo and a rectangular graphic logo + slogan/text. Many web/mobile uses need square shapes (favicons/app icons) while website front pages often have a rectangular logo/slogan combo in the upper right corner.

At any rate, I'm more generous than picky, so good luck!  I hope we see something great; we've already seen some great starts. I appreciate your foresight on this issue...Bitcoin needs to look as cool as it is, or people won't spend the time to learn how cool it is. 

I disagree on the square/rectangular idea.
A good logo should be able to be presented IN a square etc.  But look at the Apple logo - it is neither square nor rectangular, closer to a circle, but can be presented in any way you choose.  A circular logo, based on the coin is fine for usage anywhere, as long as it is well designed.  As for use in icons etc. a logo is NOT an icon.  An application icon (my speciality, actually), can include a logo, but would be more specific to the app itself, rather than the brand it uses
For instance, say someone writes a wallet-app for iOS.  Square (ok, rounded square) icon required, but it wouldn't just be the logo, be it coin, square or otherwise in the square. It would probably be a wallet, with a bitcoin poking out etc, using the space well to emphasise not only that the app is bitcoin related but also that it is a wallet...

Obviously I like my design or else I wouldn't have done it, but regardless of which logo you use, it has to A) sum up bitcoin well, and B) be usable in all colours/mediums (which is why I kept my version very simple; small size won't kill it, nor will low-gamut or even single-gamut printing etc.).  If those two factors are not the overriding objectives here, then you don't need and shouldn't use a new logo, since the old one has very good brand recognition (hence why I tried to stay as close as possible to it)

Ahh...I see the confusion. I mean the bounding box...not the actual logo shape (eg, a circle has a square bounding box, an oval would be a rectangle).

My very own Casascius Bearer Bar: 1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 02:16:35 AM

@Coinabul -- What's the good word?

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 04:53:30 AM

Bump

Coinabul

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 07:52:51 PM

Bump

Sorry, been traveling.
I haven't heard anything from my designer yet. I might have to look for another one Sad

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
Oinsane1

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 07:27:40 AM

i live the small bar horizontal.. 2/3 o the way down

the double vertical bars.. looks like jail
Timbo925

Activity: 352

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 07:52:39 PM

Any updates ? Should I start designing again Wink

Graphic Designer for hire (Ads/Logos/Banners...)   0.25 BTC  --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78924.msg878727#msg878727
BTC address: 1TimbojaydbZs1x5ptPVovsb9rATH3JSU
Timbo925

Activity: 352

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 05:53:32 PM

Hi guys,

Got some questions for releasing the logo vector file.
You can find the file here https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1-OuUkg4oEBQVNFRWFzWGNSU1U
This is released under the public domain. So you can use it for everything you want. Only thing I ask is that you don't use it for "design your own bitcoin logo" competitions, and run with the price money  Tongue .
Other then I have no problem you use it. The more use it the better. This is the BW version like my avatar, so you could change the color yourselves if you want an colored version.
If you don't have the software to do it just send me a pm and will try to help.
If you click the link google won't show the B symbol but it's there, no panic.

This is free but donations are always welcome. You can always send your love to 1C9xZjjyEpxRJ8GNkHCfkJTyX5Xf5P9Uk4  Cheesy
Or (shameless plug) drop by in my designing service in my signature, if you ever need some logo's designed.

-Timbo925

Graphic Designer for hire (Ads/Logos/Banners...)   0.25 BTC  --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78924.msg878727#msg878727
BTC address: 1TimbojaydbZs1x5ptPVovsb9rATH3JSU
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2012, 10:44:30 AM

Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2012, 10:55:57 AM

Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2012, 07:49:58 PM

I've managed to accidentally resurrect an old thread , oops  Grin

I was playing round with the logo anyways, so i posted here , must admit to not reading the thread fully.

So is the the Main logo BTC still current or has it been superseded by the new style B . Also is the orange out of date replaced with gold , prefer the orange myself ,

Should/could every country have its own logo not the name still " Bitcoin" just the graphic/design maybe retaining unified colours . Would be handy when trading with individuals if you can see at a glance by the logo where there based , not an issue for Bitcoin more if its a merchant selling a Product with local shipping or trading with individuals in one country etc.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 06:09:58 AM

FYI: I'm getting a Chrome alert when trying to access page 3 of this thread. Something to do with ladyomega.com. I seriously don't have a clue what it's about, but may be important.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Will read PM's. Have more time lately

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 06:28:47 AM

FYI: I'm getting a Chrome alert when trying to access page 3 of this thread. Something to do with ladyomega.com. I seriously don't have a clue what it's about, but may be important.
It's a dangerous website warning by Chrome. Google's robots picked up problems at ladyomega.com.

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile
December 24, 2012, 07:39:03 PM

It's a dangerous website warning by Chrome. Google's robots picked up problems at ladyomega.com.

And no matter what I click on their warning page, Google won't let view page 3. I'm not sure about the other pages with the exception of this one and 1 & 2. Nor can I view ALL pages as a whole.

BTW, there's nothing special on Page 3 I was trying to get at. I was just perusing the thread looking at the logo designs.
Gladamas

Activity: 294

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
December 25, 2012, 12:07:45 AM

And no matter what I click on their warning page, Google won't let view page 3. I'm not sure about the other pages with the exception of this one and 1 & 2. Nor can I view ALL pages as a whole.

BTW, there's nothing special on Page 3 I was trying to get at. I was just perusing the thread looking at the logo designs.

I am getting the same warning on page 3 while using Chrome for Windows 7.

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
Wouter Drucker

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 08:03:56 PM

Wouter Drucker

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 08:06:27 PM

Just an idea to use the two 'p''s from p2p, peer to peer, to form a B.

The wobbly black thing at the top is a possible 'Unicode' alternative.

Do with it as you wish, share and remix.  Kiss
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2002

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:50:22 AM

Just an idea to use the two 'p''s from p2p, peer to peer, to form a B.

The wobbly black thing at the top is a possible 'Unicode' alternative.

Do with it as you wish, share and remix.  Kiss

I think your image must be transparent.  I use a black background theme with the forum which makes your image not work:

adamthefishman

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:19:28 AM

Is this image available for use?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.