Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2018, 04:03:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Now Funded] Help build a better Bitcoin logo!  (Read 35017 times)
novusordo

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 12:39:55 AM

There's a character for an abstract triangle-ish "B"? Can I get a screenshot? Or someone please tell me which font to install

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1069

#BEL+++

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 12:42:48 AM

Ƀ

So it works!

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 12:49:34 AM

Lol thanks. Now all I need is the font.

I recommend asking me for a signature from my GPG key before doing a trade. I will NEVER deny such a request.
paraipan
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 01:30:12 AM

Although the BTC is recognized and has built a brand, I don't particularly like it, and prefer the latin B with horizontal bar...

I don't usually say this out loud, but... that one looks like a guy with a stick up his a...ss

I don't usually say this out loud, but BTC looks like an aerial view of a woman with large breasts and very small arms, beheaded. Headless bodies are more disconcerting to me than sodomy, so +1 for the Ƀ.

Hmm, good point, never thought of that one  Grin

What do you see now from up there... ɃBTC

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 01:40:07 AM

Although the BTC is recognized and has built a brand, I don't particularly like it, and prefer the latin B with horizontal bar...

I don't usually say this out loud, but... that one looks like a guy with a stick up his a...ss

I don't usually say this out loud, but BTC looks like an aerial view of a woman with large breasts and very small arms, beheaded. Headless bodies are more disconcerting to me than sodomy, so +1 for the Ƀ.

Hmm, good point, never thought of that one  Grin

What do you see now from up there... ɃBTC

Dude that is just gross!  Shocked

MathCampbell

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 01:47:47 AM

OK, so I know this isn't what is really wanted by Coinabul, he wanted no gradients etc. but a lot of people seem to like the current one, so I knocked up  vector version thereof, adjusted with the new symbol.

http://i.minus.com/jZT9ORSBwSQYR.png

That's the full-res 512x512 PNG icon, for your use wherever etc. and if you want the original Illustrator file, it's here http://minus.com/lojcsnZ9ayjAT.
Finally, in the extremely unlikely event you find this usable etc. you can toss me some cents here 1EUGrS4nRKpTtMrfbwwq4EziYpVCF8vym6.
Although it's pretty crappy really, just an update of a not-that-great icon, and it only took me an hour or so, from scratch.

I think I may work on a proper new logo design...I still kinda like the idea of sticking with the coin though...just removing the need for gradients etc. and making it a logo, instead of an icon (which is what it currently is!).
Gyrsur
Legendary

#BEL+++

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 05:31:21 AM

That's the way I like it!   Smiley

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Timbo925

Activity: 352

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:36:12 AM

Can I get a version like the one in my avatar, but with?

I want one that says:

BITCOIN
  Get GoXXXed.

LOL This is bad ass.  That's my new avatar.  I sent you 0.37 BTC. (Had to round off the wallet to an even number)

Thanks man Cheesy

Graphic Designer for hire (Ads/Logos/Banners...)   0.25 BTC  --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78924.msg878727#msg878727
BTC address: 1TimbojaydbZs1x5ptPVovsb9rATH3JSU
Gyrsur
Legendary

#BEL+++

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 09:38:45 AM

OK, so I know this isn't what is really wanted by Coinabul, he wanted no gradients etc. but a lot of people seem to like the current one, so I knocked up  vector version thereof, adjusted with the new symbol.

That's the full-res 512x512 PNG icon, for your use wherever etc. and if you want the original Illustrator file, it's here http://minus.com/lojcsnZ9ayjAT.
Finally, in the extremely unlikely event you find this usable etc. you can toss me some cents here 1EUGrS4nRKpTtMrfbwwq4EziYpVCF8vym6.
Although it's pretty crappy really, just an update of a not-that-great icon, and it only took me an hour or so, from scratch.

I think I may work on a proper new logo design...I still kinda like the idea of sticking with the coin though...just removing the need for gradients etc. and making it a logo, instead of an icon (which is what it currently is!).

to which address can i send a tipp?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 11:40:28 AM

OK, so I know this isn't what is really wanted by Coinabul, he wanted no gradients etc. but a lot of people seem to like the current one, so I knocked up  vector version thereof, adjusted with the new symbol.

to which address can a send a tipp?

I recommend asking me for a signature from my GPG key before doing a trade. I will NEVER deny such a request.
Gyrsur
Legendary

#BEL+++

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 11:47:49 AM

to which address can a send a tipp?

thanks! my eyes...  Roll Eyes

@MathCampbell: if you finished your Newbie status open an seperate thread with this logo and make your tip address more visible... good work! keep up with that! tip is on the way...

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 12:39:18 PM

I think this will look very nice, as soon as you use the actual Bitcoin symbol BTC instead of whatever ugly symbol you have used
Gyrsur
Legendary

#BEL+++

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 12:48:11 PM

Integration with the new BTC symbol: Ƀ (U+0243)

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/243/index.htm

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
MathCampbell

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 02:04:06 PM

Thanks guys...I will open up a thread if that's what you want.  Not doing this for coin, really.  Currently sitting down trying to come up with a "proper" one for corporate usage etc. (ie to print on t-shirts, use on sites as an "accepted here" thing, one-colour, better for printing at small sizes etc.), may do either a stylised coin, or perhaps a new design entirely...
If you did give me a tip though, thanks very much, it is always appreciated.  I promise to spend it wisely, on beer and pizza, in accordance with tradition.

AQ: I must admit I'm not fond of the new Ƀ symbol either, but it's what the community appears to be coalescing around.  I understand the arguments about the old one holding brand-appeal, and being well-recognised, especially since as a currency, you want to retain brand-value even more than a traditional company like Apple or McDonalds etc. do with their logo.  But, all the same, it weas taken first by the Thai currency, and the double-stalked BTC a) isn't in Unicode, and b) looks very american, which I don't have a problem with, but I know some do across the world, so the community wants Ƀ, the community gets Ƀ.

But, this is an open-source, anything goes project.  You *can* get what you want.

http://i.minus.com/jdcoNdOQO0ZZb.png

As before, 1EUGrS4nRKpTtMrfbwwq4EziYpVCF8vym6
scribe

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 02:43:21 PM

Watching this thread with interest. I think some of (my) confusion comes from whether you're going for a currency symbol, a technology logo, or a company branding - each needs slightly different approaches IMHO.

I like the idea that a Bitcoin symbol would be a) easy to write, b) easy to type. Continuing on the Unicode path, a couple caught my eye:

In the Georgian set: ფ as it looks like a B with a coin in the corner (e.g. "Pay me back my ფ300 damn you")
Maths: ⊕ as it looks like a coin with a plus on it. Maybe combined with a B (e.g. "That'll be B⊕300 please")
Alternatively, ⟴ which has an arrow, like a coin MOVING THROUGH CYBERSPACE. ("Donate ⟴1 to me")

Personally I still quite like the current symbol but with some slight tweaks. I'll see if I can illustrate some basic thoughts some time.

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 02:45:42 PM

hmm... That BTC floating over the coin looks strange  Undecided
Other than that it looks good.

aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 03:01:15 PM

The right solution would be: someone should register BTC as an official unicode character.
Has been tried before https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7215.0, but it seems that this guy vanished in the meantime.
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1011
Merit: 1002

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 04:20:39 PM

My favorite:

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
MathCampbell

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 04:30:06 PM

hmm... That BTC floating over the coin looks strange  Undecided
Other than that it looks good.

You prefer this?
http://i.minus.com/jZVRNrcB6fvqE.png
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 05:03:04 PM

You prefer this?
No.

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.