Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:52:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Domain Names [.com .org .net .biz .info] .5 BTC each  (Read 3500 times)
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 02:56:43 AM

bump!

curious, why would anyone pay extra for privacy guard, when you don't require personal information in the first place?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fatigue (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:07:51 AM

bump!

curious, why would anyone pay extra for privacy guard, when you don't require personal information in the first place?

It seems i didnt clarify as this is the 2nd time ive recieved this question, apologies.

I dont require any personal information, but neither will i get privacy guard for the domain. Its an option to do so once you have purchased the domain if you feel like you want to add your personal information instead of the current information and then protect it.
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:28:21 AM

bump!

It seems i didnt clarify as this is the 2nd time ive recieved this question, apologies.

I dont require any personal information, but neither will i get privacy guard for the domain. Its an option to do so once you have purchased the domain if you feel like you want to add your personal information instead of the current information and then protect it.

oh

so it has no privacy guard but anyone that looks up the domain just sees Santa Claus, 1 Xmas Lane, North Pole.

from that point, i'd be interested to hear people's reasoning for changing it to their own name, and purchasing privacy guard.
fatigue (OP)

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 03:30:29 AM

bump!

oh

so it has no privacy guard but anyone that looks up the domain just sees Santa Claus, 1 Xmas Lane, North Pole.

from that point, i'd be interested to hear people's reasoning for changing it to their own name, and purchasing privacy guard.

lol no its easier to use this, so i personally see no reason to change it
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 12:14:24 PM

Other than the fact that you don't legally own the domain.

Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 02:51:50 PM

bump!

oh

ICANN (not the domain registrar) requires that all information in your registration be valid.

Remember that ICANN has the power to take a domain from you and give it to somebody else. So providing fake information is just one step closer to lose your domain.

Bitcoin is the future !
fatigue (OP)

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 08:10:52 PM

bump!

oh

ICANN (not the domain registrar) requires that all information in your registration be valid.

Remember that ICANN has the power to take a domain from you and give it to somebody else. So providing fake information is just one step closer to lose your domain.

Interesting. I didn't know this, however, I will keep this thread open I suppose for anyone who wants to take the 'risk'. It is filled out with information that is not easily proven false though. Santa Claus didn't register these Wink
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 11:10:52 PM

do you have access to other TLDs for a higher but still better than elsewhere price?

I'm looking for .xxx seems expensive everywhere.

I used cinfu recently ( http://panel.cinfu.com/aff.php?aff=149 ) 1.29btc for a .org is their best price.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
fatigue (OP)

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 11:36:55 PM

do you have access to other TLDs for a higher but still better than elsewhere price?

I'm looking for .xxx seems expensive everywhere.

I used cinfu recently ( http://panel.cinfu.com/aff.php?aff=149 ) 1.29btc for a .org is their best price.

sorry mate, i only have access to whats listed for a decent price.
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 11:17:26 PM

I dont want a domain yet, but can you maybe show me that free hosting you where talking about (so I can play around with it)

hi
fatigue (OP)

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 11:20:08 PM

There's quite a few but I like hostcrowd.net
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 07:32:19 AM

Registered c64.name

Thanks!

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 09:58:30 PM

You have a pm

hi
welovebitco.in

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 06:37:54 AM

Good free host: 000webhost.com 100GB bandwidth
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 06:32:30 PM

Wow, I'm still confused about your niche... tucows offers names for $15 each  Undecided
fatigue (OP)

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 08:00:16 PM

Wink that's why they call it a niche.
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 04:03:37 AM

Actually, I'm not even seeing this to be possible  Shocked
You're somehow lowering the ICANN fee?
Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 08:35:26 AM

I've been watching this:
http://www.namecheap.com/deals/30000-retweets-0.98-domains-july-2012.aspx
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 04:02:49 PM

They don't renew at 0.5BTC. Thats only the first year.

fatigue (OP)

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 11:29:22 PM

Very nice! Looks like a good deal for anyone that wants it. Get it while it lasts.

They don't renew at 0.5BTC. Thats only the first year.

This. Thanks for answering while I was unable blazr.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: