Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:44:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Bank Wire Status  (Read 5439 times)
||bit (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 01:23:14 AM

Quick survey:

1. Has anyone received an email notice from BFL with instructions on funding by bank wire?

2. Ifso: When was the email received?

3. Assuming the bank wire was sent:
     a. When was the bank wire sent?
     b. Did BFL email you a notice that the bank wire had been received?
     c. What do you consider as a reasonable response time?

---
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BFL

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2012, 01:28:50 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2012, 01:48:20 AM by BFL

Quick survey:

1. Has anyone received an email notice from BFL with instructions on funding by bank wire?

3. Assuming the bank wire was sent: Did BFL email you a notice that the bank wire had been received?

---

A good number of bank transfer notices were issued last week.  (they went out in product order, but that won't have any bearing on your overall order position, it was just more convenient to process them that way.)  We stopped sending notices on Friday so as to not cause people to fret over loosing time to wire over the weekend.  The remainder will go out tomorrow.  (Monday).

Once again, I'd like to remind everyone that your individual order position will not fall due to any delay in responding with transfer instructions.  Only the time it takes for the funds to arrive after you in particular have been notified is counted.  If you were trapped over the weekend from the few notices that went out early Friday - that time will not count either.

We hope to have caught up with the bulk of the inquiry backlog by the end of the week.  Please don't email again and again and again as it just makes it more complicated to get a comprehensive understanding of your request.

Thank you for your patience.

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 01:49:13 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2012, 10:48:12 PM by psilan

Hi BFL.

Do you confirm when you received the bank wire? This is my first time sending a wire, and all the way from little ole New Zealand, so unsure what to expect at the supplier end.

Order #.

Thanks Smiley.

dip
||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 01:52:55 AM

Quick survey:

3. Assuming the bank wire was sent: Did BFL email you a notice that the bank wire had been received?

---

A good number of bank transfer notices were issued last week.  We stopped sending notices on Friday so as to not cause people to fret over loosing time to wire over the weekend.  The remainder will go out tomorrow.  (Monday).

That seems to make sense. I guess I am more intersted in the response time. My transfer was submitted 3 days ago, and should have been received the same day as the instructions (before COB). A couple months ago BFL responded to a prior bank transfer for the purchase of FPGA Singles on the same day of the transfer. BTW: Still waiting for those FPGA Singles. :/

As much as I hate to seem impatient about either the transfer (or orders), it's difficult to not get focused on response times considering the short time BFL has been around and the history of routinely making late shipments. This is probably not an isolated sentiment.

Thanks for the input.

||bit
BFL

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2012, 01:54:15 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2012, 03:11:37 AM by BFL

Hi BFL.

Do you confirm when you received the bank wire? This is my first time sending a wire, and all the way from little ole New Zealand, so unsure what to expect at the supplier end.

Order #2058.

Thanks Smiley.

Yes, bank wire's are confirmed on receipt.  International transfers like yours usually take a day or two to appear in the account as pending.  Once they post the following day, the sender details are available to us and we can match the order.  It's helpful if you send a bank wire confirmation receipt from your bank as sometimes the order name in our records is different than the name of sender and we're left to try and match the amount with the date.  That can slow things down.

BFL

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2012, 01:59:15 AM

Quick survey:

---

A good number of bank transfer notices were issued last week.  We stopped sending notices on Friday so as to not cause people to fret over loosing time to wire over the weekend.  The remainder will go out tomorrow.  (Monday).

That seems to make sense. I guess I am more intersted in the response time. My transfer was submitted 3 days ago, and should have been received the same day as the instructions (before COB). A couple months ago BFL responded to a prior bank transfer for the purchase of FPGA Singles on the same day of the transfer. BTW: Still waiting for those FPGA Singles. :/

As much as I hate to seem impatient about either the transfer (or orders), it's difficult to not get focused on response times considering the short time BFL has been around and the history of routinely making late shipments. This is probably not an isolated sentiment.

Thanks for the input.

||bit

Bit, please know that we're aware of the anxiety caused when customer support isn't able to answer promptly.  Unfortunately, I don't expect that to be resolved in the next few days, but we're putting a great deal of effort into making sure we're never in this position of communications overload again.  

||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 02:15:39 AM

Bit, please know that we're aware of the anxiety caused when customer support isn't able to answer promptly.  Unfortunately, I don't expect that to be resolved in the next few days, but we're putting a great deal of effort into making sure we're never in this position of communications overload again.  

Thank you for acknowledging this, and making it a point of concern for BFL as well. I hope you guys figure it out.

||bit
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 05:15:32 AM

BFL,

One thing that would be helpful is to indicate the "effective" payment date when you email final order confirmations for orders made by wire transfer. I ordered a single on 6/23 (#1679), received the payment instructions on 6/28, and wired the funds to your account the same day (as well as sending you a copy of the transfer order form by email). But this doesn't really tell me when the funds appeared in your account. Also, I'm a little unclear on your policy. If in my case the funds appeared in your account on 6/28, does this mean my effective payment date for the purpose of determining shipment order is 6/23 (since 0 days passed between the time you sent instructions and my payment)? I imagine that clarifying the effective payment date in order confirmations would greatly reduce the number of follow up emails you get for further clarification. Thanks.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 05:31:33 AM

Ordered one jalapeno.
I got my confirmation email the 24th.
Got the email about the payment the 29th.
Decided to cancel it the 29th Tongue
||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 08:40:15 AM

Ordered one jalapeno.
I got my confirmation email the 24th.
Got the email about the payment the 29th.
Decided to cancel it the 29th Tongue

Thanks for your feedback.  Why did you decide to cancel?

||bit
pieppiep

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 08:56:14 AM

I decided I don't like the fact I already have to pay the full amound and get the units months later, so instead I'll probably invest some money in buying bitcoins and investing them on glbse.
That way I already start making profit right now and I have less work to do myself. (I already have to much little hobby projects)
Internet151

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 05:17:07 PM

Just got my bank wire pre-order instructions for my order # of 1756.
allten

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2012, 05:37:00 PM

Quick survey:

---

A good number of bank transfer notices were issued last week.  (they went out in product order, but that won't have any bearing on your overall order position, it was just more convenient to process them that way.)  We stopped sending notices on Friday so as to not cause people to fret over loosing time to wire over the weekend.  The remainder will go out tomorrow.  (Monday).

Once again, I'd like to remind everyone that your individual order position will not fall due to any delay in responding with transfer instructions.  Only the time it takes for the funds to arrive after you in particular have been notified is counted.  If you were trapped over the weekend from the few notices that went out early Friday - that time will not count either.

We hope to have caught up with the bulk of the inquiry backlog by the end of the week.  Please don't email again and again and again as it just makes it more complicated to get a comprehensive understanding of your request.

Thank you for your patience.

I've asked this an email a couple of times with no response so maybe I'll better luck here.
I've sent some $$ via wire and the rest I have in DWOLLA, would you like me to send that to my bank and wire it
or will you be accepting dwolla soon. What do you recommend? Thanks.
||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 05:44:40 PM

Just got my bank wire pre-order instructions for my order # of 1756.

Strange. I have orders numbers that come a couple or several hundred after your number, but got the bank wire instructions last Thursday for all of them. However, I sent my bank wire that Thursday and have yet to receive a formal acknowledgement of bank wire receipt. When I purchased FPGA Singles, the wire acknowledgement came in that night I think. So, last night I sent in a request for formal acknowledgement of receipt, and a fast reply informed me that it was receeived, and that csutomer service would be the ones to do the formal receipt still. My bank wire had instructions with it that indicated my name and the exact the order numbers. It's easing to know they got it, but curious that the formal receipt is taking so long.

They must have received so many orders that they can't keep up and/or they have no smooth customer service process. It just occured to me. If they can't keep up with bank wires alone which are mouse clicks, assuming it is due to quantities of wires, imagine what it will be like fullfilling that amount of hardware orders that apparently still need to be built, tested and shipped.  I'm wondering about this October thing now. :-/

||bit
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 05:47:58 PM

I've asked this an email a couple of times with no response so maybe I'll better luck here.
I've sent some $$ via wire and the rest I have in DWOLLA, would you like me to send that to my bank and wire it

My understanding is that your order isn't confirmed until payment is received in full, and that this determines your place in the order que. Personally, I would wire the balance rather than waiting for BFL to accept DWOLLA or get back to you about when they will.
||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 05:52:04 PM

My understanding is that your order isn't confirmed until payment is received in full, and that this determines your place in the order que. Personally, I would wire the balance rather than waiting for BFL to accept DWOLLA or get back to you about when they will.

Yeah, in the forum (not BFL's website), I think I read that one of the reasons that they may not have accepted dwolla is because the time to ask for a chargeback is exceeed by the time October arrives. So, if they fail to deliver after October, you won't be able to charge them back effectively. That is just from the forums, I don't know anything about dwolla.
pieppiep

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 07:52:58 PM

Oh, my order had number 1907.
BFL

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2012, 08:55:05 PM

Bank wire instructions were sent out in product order.  This has no impact on your order position as that's calculated from the date of your original order plus wire arrival time minus the time it took for us to send you bank wire instructions.

Dwolla will be added by end.

||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 09:10:54 PM

BFL,

I realize that customer service (CS) is a seperate operation than both manufacturing and shipping. But if BFL CS is not responding on a wire transfer that already included details after four days, then they clearly can not keep up with the orders. I understand that you guys do not want this to remain that way, and hopefully will resolve this apparent understaffing issue.

Currently the jobs posted on BFL website:
We’re currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
 •Engineer – Mandarin language skills  (Must live in Asia)
 •Engineer – North America
 •Communications Director – North America

If the orders are so numerous that BFL can not keep up with the providing receipts in a timely fashion. And BFL already has a track record of being late with delivering products. How can we know this is not going to correlate with sc-hardware being proportionally slower in the manufacturing and shipping departments? ... In other words, How will you keep up in the more arduous task of manufacturing & shipping if order receipts can not be kept up by CS? Are these just 'growing pains'? If you guys are as late as November/December to deliver, will you be able to handle the run on BFL by a deluge of refunds requests, if you spent all the money on hardware? ... or is that risk absorbed by any VC investors?

||bit
Ausversucht

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 09:38:32 PM

When are you going to add paypal? It is still an option for FPGA singles, can we at create get them added for the jalapeno and the ASIC single?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: