Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:14:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Bank Wire Status  (Read 5441 times)
||bit (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 11:25:59 PM

When are you going to add paypal? It is still an option for FPGA singles, can we at create get them added for the jalapeno and the ASIC single?

My guess is that they won't add paypall until orders are taken in October. That is just a guess, but based on discussions in other parts of the forum. See my related comment above on paypal and dwolla in this thread.

||bit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dave3

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 06:25:23 AM

I wired the funds for my order last Friday (6/29) but haven't received confirmation from BFL that they've received it, yet.  I would have expected it by the end of business on Monday (7/2) at the latest.
||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 07:26:49 AM

I wired the funds for my order last Friday (6/29) but haven't received confirmation from BFL that they've received it, yet.  I would have expected it by the end of business on Monday (7/2) at the latest.

My funds were wired last Thursday, and they were verfied as received on Friday. However, there is still no official response on the receipt of funds. This is not the way to manage customer communications when you have received very large sums of their money. BFL is apparently scrambling to resolve this issue, but not sure what the fix is suppose to be.

On a related note, I don't know how long others have waited, but I'm about to enter the 9th week of waiting for the fpga Singles since BFL received payment for them.

||bit
ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 10:12:26 AM

My funds were wired last Thursday, and they were verfied as received on Friday. However, there is still no official response on the receipt of funds. This is not the way to manage customer communications when you have received very large sums of their money. BFL is apparently scrambling to resolve this issue, but not sure what the fix is suppose to be.

On a related note, I don't know how long others have waited, but I'm about to enter the 9th week of waiting for the fpga Singles since BFL received payment for them.

||bit

bit shut up please with your silly complaints, everyone else is waiting patiently, why do you think you are special ?
ice_chill

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 10:14:44 AM

Strange thing happened, I wired the right amount in international payment, sent dollars, paid the fee locally, yet BFL said they received $20 less ?
Last time for my Single FPGA order and MiniRig FPGA payment I sent everything in the same way, and no money went missing ?
||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:05:07 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2012, 01:42:53 PM by ||bit

Strange thing happened, I wired the right amount in international payment, sent dollars, paid the fee locally, yet BFL said they received $20 less ?
Last time for my Single FPGA order and MiniRig FPGA payment I sent everything in the same way, and no money went missing ?

Are we to use your logic and assume you think you're special now?
||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:08:49 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2012, 08:38:09 PM by ||bit

bit shut up please with your silly complaints, everyone else is waiting patiently, why do you think you are special ?

First of all, your analysis is faulty, because I'm not thinking that I'm more special than anyone here. There isn't even good reasoning to warrant that claim of yours. If you think others aren't wondering with some concern about their sent funds, or products, then you are mistaken. Sharing our experiences here about our dealings with BFL can help us to know what is happening (afterall, customer service is still not ready to handle it). And I have waited patiently, up to a point. Perhaps, it was the point where BFL was late to meet their shipping terms by weeks already without even a notice. This simply heightened my concern. Of course, you or others may be more patient with that. Whcih is good, as it's less to think about. But perhaps the difference is that I have been burned before (more than once). Companies appearing just as nice as BFL. Except, those companies actually answered the phone when you called. Anyway, despite some decent feelings about them (derived from the forums), BFL is about as close to an unkown company as you can get. Who are they? So, why not become more alert than normally when they do meet order terms.

That said, I have 'calmed' down a bit, for now, after a question with a long term forum contributor.

Anyway, this was a survey at the start. And the survey asked if others experienced any delays in receipts, and importantly if they thought those delays were reasonable. If you have any real contributions to add, then please do. And if you really think someone should be more patient, then find a better way to say it than telling them to shut up. Afterall, nobody is asking you to read this thread.

||bit
||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:39:19 PM

Seems like the same story. Just a note, a few months ago my wire was received same day at BFL, and they acknowledged that afternoon or evening. So, they have the potential to repond promptly. But that order was not at the start of the FPGA produt life, so it might not have been as busy at BFL. Being that this is the beginning of the asic hardware it makes some sense to have delays knowing their staffing must be low. Anyway, they communicated to me that it was being resolved...but no timeline was mentioned.

||bit
byte1

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:56:38 PM

Their response is erratic, i think it depends on who mans the Inbox for the Office email. I had to wait a week before they acknowledged my payment for my Mini-Rig order. All i received was that my order was in. Not sure why it took them a week to respond. This was way back in April-May.

-byte1

First of all, your analysis is faulty, because I'm not thinking that I'm any more special than anyone here. There isn't even good reasoning to warrant that claim of yours. If you think others aren't wondering with some concern about their sent funds, or products, then you are mistaken. Sharing our experiences here about our dealings with BFL can help us to know what is happening (afterall, customer service is still not ready to handle it). And I have waited patiently, up to a point. Perhaps, it was the point where BFL was late to meet their shipping terms by weeks already without even a notice. This simply heightened my concern. Of course, you or others may be more patient with that. Whcih is good, as it's less to think about. But perhaps the difference is that I have been burned before (more than once). Companies appearing just as nice as BFL. Except, those companies actually answered the phone when you called. Anyway, despite some decent feelings about them (derived from the forums), BFL is about as close to an unkown company as you can get. Who are they? So, why not become more alert than normally when they do meet order terms.

That said, I have 'calmed' down a bit, for now, after a question with a long term forum contributor.

Anyway, this was a survey at the start. And the survey asked if others experienced any delays in receipts, and importantly if they thought those delays were reasonable. If you have any real contributions to add, then please do. And if you really think someone should be more patient, then find a better way to say it than telling them to shut up. Afterall, nobody is asking you to read this thread.

||bit
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 04:14:38 PM

I just received final confirmation on my order after wiring the funds 6/28. They also confirmed the effective date of my purchase. Given how busy they are, I'm pleased with how they handled my order.   
||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 08:21:58 PM

I just received final confirmation on my order after wiring the funds 6/28. They also confirmed the effective date of my purchase. Given how busy they are, I'm pleased with how they handled my order.   

Thanks.
||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 08:36:19 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2012, 09:34:20 PM by ||bit

Their response is erratic, i think it depends on who mans the Inbox for the Office email. I had to wait a week before they acknowledged my payment for my Mini-Rig order. All i received was that my order was in. Not sure why it took them a week to respond. This was way back in April-May.

-byte1

Yeah, fair enough. I realize they are probably being inundated with orders while understaffed as well. As ice_chill recommended and others are doing, I suppose sitting and being more patient is the going thing. BFL has whipped us into submission   Undecided

BTW: Regarding the fpga mini-rig, if things go as they were shooting for, you should see it in a week. It seems like it was the logical thing to do to keep the order and not refund it. Good luck.

||bit
BlackPrapor

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 09:46:47 PM

At least they're getting somewhere. My payment was wired now almost a week ago. The problem with this silence is if something gone wrong, they will find it out only when they get to your order. With wire transfers its not a good idea to have a few weeks of response time...

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 12:28:15 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2012, 12:43:51 AM by ||bit

At least they're getting somewhere. My payment was wired now almost a week ago. The problem with this silence is if something gone wrong, they will find it out only when they get to your order. With wire transfers its not a good idea to have a few weeks of response time...

I'm giving them a benefit of the doubt, for now, since they have been faster in response on wire transfers before. This new product line is apparently overwhelming their capacity. So, it seems it is not neccessarily a complete lack of right intentions on their part. After asking BFL, I did get a brief email that the wire was received, and was told that customer service was still going to do a formal reply of receipt. So, all that to say you're not alone, since your delay issue appears to be the same as this and others. Putting a light on this existing delay for those that wired funds is one of the reasons for this thread. One question: Is it an unwarranted concern?

You can at least verify with your bank that your funds were received at the destination. And since this is apparently a common issue, consider giving them a full work week to respond before asking about a formal notice of funds received.

BTW: I'm not sure if you are oversea's or not, so keep in mind, tomorrow is the 4th of July holiday in the states. Often, companies give two work days off during this week. BFL shouldn't be any different.

||bit
hardpick

Activity: 265

Football President

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 02:39:20 AM

I'm giving them a benefit of the doubt, for now, since they have been faster in response on wire transfers before. This new product line is apparently overwhelming their capacity. So, it seems it is not neccessarily a complete lack of right intentions on their part. After asking BFL, I did get a brief email that the wire was received, and was told that customer service was still going to do a formal reply of receipt. So, all that to say you're not alone, since your delay issue appears to be the same as this and others. Putting a light on this existing delay for those that wired funds is one of the reasons for this thread. One question: Is it an unwarranted concern?

You can at least verify with your bank that your funds were received at the destination. And since this is apparently a common issue, consider giving them a full work week to respond before asking about a formal notice of funds received.

BTW: I'm not sure if you are oversea's or not, so keep in mind, tomorrow is the 4th of July holiday in the states. Often, companies give two work days off during this week. BFL shouldn't be any different.

||bit

I am very happy with BFL -- I paid with wire tranfer and my Australian bank short changed BFL  by $20 ( a mix up on bank fees did not known $20 TT fee was not included on amount tranfered) they have accepted my payment as the full amount

below is the note from BFL

"Note: Our original invoice was in the amount of $2,686.00.  We received $2,666.00 via bank wire.  We will waive the difference for this order.
This is most likely due to bank transaction or wire fees.  Please be sure to account for any bank fees in future orders."

Thank you BFL
as it would have cost me $40 to fix the problem and lost time in the que

Luke
dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:59:35 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2012, 11:17:34 AM by dave3

I received confirmation of my wire transfer from BFL on Tuesday 7/3 for the wire transfer that was made on Friday 6/29.

It looks like the wire transfer time didn't hurt my date of purchase.  The date of purchase in the confirmation email is still 6/24 (the date I placed the order).  So that's nice.

Edit:  Small correction, while my original date of purchase was 6/24 in my timezone, in BFL's timezone it was 6/23, so it looks like there is one day tacked on for the wire transfer (which is fair).
||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:00:27 AM

I received confirmation of my wire transfer from BFL on Tuesday 7/3 for the wire transfer that was made on Friday 6/29.

It looks like the wire transfer time didn't hurt my date of purchase.  The date of purchase in the confirmation email is still 6/24 (the date I placed the order).  So that's nice.

Sounds good.  And thanks for the feedback. Nice to know people are getting attended to within a week at most. Still waiting for a response here though - wire was sent 6/28 and received 6/29.
Let's see if they put me on a 'black list' for bringing this thread up.  Cool

||bit
||bit (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 06:05:29 AM

I am very happy with BFL -- I paid with wire tranfer and my Australian bank short changed BFL  by $20 ( a mix up on bank fees did not known $20 TT fee was not included on amount tranfered) they have accepted my payment as the full amount

below is the note from BFL

"Note: Our original invoice was in the amount of $2,686.00.  We received $2,666.00 via bank wire.  We will waive the difference for this order.
This is most likely due to bank transaction or wire fees.  Please be sure to account for any bank fees in future orders."

Thank you BFL
as it would have cost me $40 to fix the problem and lost time in the que

Luke

Thanks for the info. Good stuff. Shaking you for the extra $20 would have been awkward for them, epsecially if it cost you a loss in the que. But even if they did, I bet they would have saved your place in que considering the intent and amount you sent.

||bit
ice_chill

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 09:59:32 AM

Well it's actually their problem that they receive $20 less, if you pay the fee locally, then the receiving bank does not normally charge, and with FPGA orders this problem did not exist, only with ASIC, so they need to get in touch with their own bank and find out what's happening.
BlackPrapor

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 11:34:29 AM

||bit
Yes, I know that they're swamped with orders Smiley. Just posting for informing that we're all in same position. I've sent some extra, just in case the transfer gets charged on their side too. Smiley

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: