Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:38:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain Antminer S5 Setup [HD]  (Read 59215 times)
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:05:01 PM

Dogie, any idea why bitmain raised his price to $360?  Besides the obvious more money?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 10:08:23 PM

Dogie, any idea why bitmain raised his price to $360?  Besides the obvious more money?

No idea, but its only $20. Probably an adjustment for a cost increase somewhere.

bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:12:59 PM

No idea, but its only $20. Probably an adjustment for a cost increase somewhere.

That still adds $.017/gh to an already high $/gh.  But I know where you are coming from.  Hopefully we'll see some coupons then.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:42:00 PM

Maybe so Bitmain can have a "Sale" on S5's when the S7 comes out, and they can make the price look better?

Maybe Bitmain wants to get the maximum amount from the S5's they can build from ASIC parts already ordered?

Maybe because there isn't anybody else making a "ready to ship" miner at this time?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 12:52:59 AM

Maybe so Bitmain can have a "Sale" on S5's when the S7 comes out, and they can make the price look better?

Maybe Bitmain wants to get the maximum amount from the S5's they can build from ASIC parts already ordered?

Maybe because there isn't anybody else making a "ready to ship" miner at this time?

Maybe because they're running low and S7 is still some way out. Or maybe unicorns, we're just guessing here Tongue

FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:06:30 AM

I was waiting that they lower prices (I bought for ~320 USD months ago) but since they raised them I am afraid that I have to wait a bit longer.
Not interested in buying overpriced hardware seeing the next generation coming out just when old hardware arrives...
Xallen

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:20:25 AM

I received my S5 on Thursday. Plugged it in and board one was DOA, shows all dashes.  Followed some guides from the internet could not revive the board. I then contacted Bitmain about the dead board. Bimain had me do all the things I already tried which did not work of course. Now they expect my to pay to ship their defective board back out of my pocket to determine if the board is defective or if there was "improper use".

Bottom line, avoid this company, buy a different ASIC.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 03:31:26 AM

I received my S5 on Thursday. Plugged it in and board one was DOA, shows all dashes.  Followed some guides from the internet could not revive the board. I then contacted Bitmain about the dead board. Bimain had me do all the things I already tried which did not work of course. Now they expect my to pay to ship their defective board back out of my pocket to determine if the board is defective or if there was "improper use".

Bottom line, avoid this company, buy a different ASIC.

I've passed it up the line, it might not affect your case but will try and get the policy changed.

Xallen

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:53:14 PM

I'm still up in the air on what to do with my dead board.  Shipping to China as the tech who responded to my ticket suggested will cost me $90+ (over $120 if i put it in a box instead of a Pak).

I found this site https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us which if it is real and part of Bitmain (seems like it is as the phone number on the zendesk site matches the US number on the Bitmain site) then the shipping would only be about $12, which would be much easier to swallow.

I am contacting them now and will see where this goes.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:59:43 PM

I'm still up in the air on what to do with my dead board.  Shipping to China as the tech who responded to my ticket suggested will cost me $90+ (over $120 if i put it in a box instead of a Pak).

I found this site https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us which if it is real and part of Bitmain (seems like it is as the phone number on the zendesk site matches the US number on the Bitmain site) then the shipping would only be about $12, which would be much easier to swallow.

I am contacting them now and will see where this goes.

They really do have great support.  Let us know how it goes.

But all should go well Smiley
glassmoon

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:48:24 AM

hi! everyone Smiley

got a problem one of my S5.

- when i start it the red light blink once then afterwards the yellow light is on. but it's not hashing anymore.
- im using 750w psu all good i tried it on another s5 its working.
- when i do ip scan i can't detect the ip scan of the broken s5 and i cant do a hard reset on it. after pressing
  it for 10 secs nothing happens.

anyone got a similar problem and got a solution please help me

thanks in advance
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 07:04:18 AM

hi! everyone Smiley

- when i start it the red light blink once then afterwards the yellow light is on. but it's not hashing anymore.
- when i do ip scan i can't detect the ip scan of the broken s5 and i cant do a hard reset on it. after pressing

thanks in advance

What is the make and model of the PSU?

glassmoon

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 09:21:16 AM

hi! everyone Smiley

thanks in advance

i'm using 750w FSP - http://www.fsplifestyle.com/product.php?LID=1&PSN=384

any way to get the ip address on my s5? seems i can't get it with the normal ip scan program i use.
and i can't hard reset the unit

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 09:59:22 AM

hi! everyone Smiley

thanks in advance

any way to get the ip address on my s5? seems i can't get it with the normal ip scan program i use.

Doesn't sound like something that can be fixed, the controller appears to be bricked. Create a ticket at bitmain.zendesk.com to arrange to return the controller.

glassmoon

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 10:18:17 AM

hi! everyone Smiley

thanks in advance

Doesn't sound like something that can be fixed, the controller appears to be bricked. Create a ticket at bitmain.zendesk.com to arrange to return the controller.

ok. Sad

havn't tried removing parts from my miner.
is it easy to remove the controller or ill send the whole s5 unit instead?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 10:22:22 AM

hi! everyone Smiley

thanks in advance

ok. Sad

You will make a ticket here - https://bitmain.zendesk.com .   If Dogie is correct most likely they will have you send in controller and they send out new one (assuming it is under warranty). But shoot them a ticket and they will let you know Smiley
glassmoon

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:08:09 AM

hi! everyone Smiley

thanks in advance

ok. Sad

You will make a ticket here - https://bitmain.zendesk.com .   If Dogie is correct most likely they will have you send in controller and they send out new one (assuming it is under warranty). But shoot them a ticket and they will let you know Smiley

hi!

thanks for the reply. i send them an email i got a respond they told me to use microSD

You can try with prepared microSD card.
Please take a look at https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204339655-How-to-create-a-bootable-MicroSD-card-with-factory-setting-
You can download firmware from our zendesk portal here: https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203461209-Jan-7-Firmware-Image
You will need Windows computer and HDDRawCopy.
After you prepare microSD with image put it in the slot on contol board (while device turned off) and then turn device on.

i try this one hope it will help

anyone tried this one using micro SD card?

Xallen

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:25:57 PM

I didn't have much luck with bitmain.zendesk.com.  The first tech asked me to re-diagnose the problem and wanted the email chain from my Bitmain China ticket.  After which he said he would get back to me. 

The next day after not getting a response I inquired about the status and got a second tech who wanted me to do all the same stuff despite me telling him that I had the defective part detached, in a box, and ready to ship.  He then said he would get back to me. 

The next day again after getting no response I inquired again and you guessed it the tech wanted me to start from the beginning again.  Luckily during these 3 days Bitmain China responded that they would pay for the shipping back to the China facility.  It should be delivered there tomorrow. Knock on wood I'll have a replacement early next week, end of this week if I'm really lucky.
HotMorfey

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 09:32:03 AM

I warn all future buyers Asik Bitmain. Acquired 3 months ago 2 Asik Antminer S5 (Asik came on board the old version, it was noticeable that Asik have used, but I closed my eyes to it), but as soon as the last 3 months on a single charge Asik began to unravel, a company spokesman said that the guarantee It has already passed. And replace the board as I understand it will not be.

Attention! I warn prospective buyers of these products rely on having beaten the buck is not necessary, and certainly count on future income. Products not only send B / Y, but fail board pretty quickly. What consequence will not bring income. Think again, and think again, it is worth it to buy such Asik! Seller is clearly sends Asik has spent its life. Net sucking money lohah. Do not Think, do not be suckers!
glassmoon

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:12:48 AM

i got my replacement from china for my s5 board.  Smiley

problem now  is.. it only hash around 670 gh/s my other s5 is around 1100th/s
i flash it with new firmware already. Do i need to adjust something to make it same as my other s5?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: