Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:56:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain Antminer S5 Setup [HD]  (Read 59210 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 02:47:46 AM

i got my replacement from china for my s5 board.  Smiley

problem now  is.. it only hash around 670 gh/s my other s5 is around 1100th/s
i flash it with new firmware already. Do i need to adjust something to make it same as my other s5?

Can you post a screenshot of the status page please?

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 06:20:28 PM

i flash it with new firmware already. Do i need to adjust something to make it same as my other s5?

Once he post's I have a feeling it's going to be showing 1 blade only.

Chances are he needs to do some of the standard things to see if he can get other blade back up and running.
Xallen

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:37:59 PM

Chances are he needs to do some of the standard things to see if he can get other blade back up and running.

I was having the same problem when I got my replacement board. I saw a ton of HW errors and found underclocking would actually increase the hash rate and reduce the errors.  I switched to a different PSU and the problem went away.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 11:12:26 PM

I was having the same problem when I got my replacement board. I saw a ton of HW errors and found underclocking would actually increase the hash rate and reduce the errors.  I switched to a different PSU and the problem went away.

Sounds reasonable. The S5 is the first mainstream miner [S3++ the very first] that is susceptible to ~12V problems which could be anywhere from 11.4 to 12.6V. Non string miners take ~12V and don't care due to their voltage regulation, where as new gen string miners have to take ~12V and make do with it.

glassmoon

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 10:10:41 AM

thanks for the reply guys Cheesy

just found out after flashing latest image... frequency was downclock. so adjusted it and its back to normal now Smiley
ziomar

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

CCMINER.NET

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:06:46 AM

HI
thank you for this useful post.
Maybe my question has been asked already, if so I'm sorry about that, and please point me to the answer.
I would like to know whether is there a way to configure more than 1 miner at the same time, and if so how.
Thank you

THE BITCOIN INVESTMENT
24/7 SUPPORT, LIVE CHAT AND USERS COMMUNITY
dymethiltryptamine

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:48:40 PM

Hello,

First of all, thanks for all the info you guys provided in this thread. Very helpful.

What I would like to know is what I might require for the setup of, let's say, 50 Antminer S5 besides the miners themselves and the power supplies.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 04:54:43 PM

HI
thank you for this useful post.
Maybe my question has been asked already, if so I'm sorry about that, and please point me to the answer.
I would like to know whether is there a way to configure more than 1 miner at the same time, and if so how.
Thank you

Multiminer sounds what you need.

Hello,

First of all, thanks for all the info you guys provided in this thread. Very helpful.

What I would like to know is what I might require for the setup of, let's say, 50 Antminer S5 besides the miners themselves and the power supplies.

If you're keeping them remotely then a cheap windows based laptop to put on the same network with teamviewer. Apart from that, ethernet cables, mains power cables, PDUs potentially, ethernet switches.

dymethiltryptamine

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 06:25:16 PM

Hello,

If you're keeping them remotely then a cheap windows based laptop to put on the same network with teamviewer. Apart from that, ethernet cables, mains power cables, PDUs potentially, ethernet switches.

That's a lot of cables  Grin

What about the Internet connection? Will it require ultra-high speed? I'm in Italy atm and these guys are infamous for not-so-good ISPs.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 08:01:23 PM

Hello,

That's a lot of cables  Grin

What about the Internet connection? Will it require ultra-high speed? I'm in Italy atm and these guys are infamous for not-so-good ISPs.

No, bandwidth is almost non existent. Lower ping <100ms helps a tiny amount, but mining is still more than possible on even a phone connection.

dymethiltryptamine

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 08:28:53 PM

Thanks a bunch, kind sir.
gablay12
Legendary

Activity: 918

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:02:52 PM

Pls. find below my customer experience with Bitmain.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1141392.0

The more I meet people, the more I like my dog.
navigatrix

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:37:53 AM

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right thread but I'm having trouble getting Bitmain to respond to my S5 support tickets.

I bought 34 S5's in mid-July and have had trouble with 4 of them.

1) A tantalum capacitor on one of them blew up, and both boards on the unit appear to be non-functioning, not just the one with the bad capacitor.

2) On a different unit, the fan quit. I used the fan from #1 to replace it. No biggie.

3) Ticket $ 3140: One unit purchased at the end of Batch 5, and sold as a new one, has one bad board with only 11 working chips. I told them I tested a different PSU but it didn't help. Bitmain suggested I try re-applying the thermal paste, which I did with no difference. Then they suggested I use at least a 750W PSU instead of a 600W, which I don't understand how they got the idea I am using a 600W PSU when I am using 1 of their 1600W PSUs to power two S5's. (Some poor soul must have cut himself on the heat sink blades as there was blood on the case when it arrived. Eeeew!)

4) Controller on one was no longer responding, so I replaced it with the controller from #1 also. It is working OK.

I wouldn't have done all this except that Bitmain's response to take #3 apart and try and fix it myself kind of shook my confidence that they would do anything at all.

However, I took 4 problems and turned them into just 1 and 1/2  Smiley I sent them Ticket #3277 to explain the issues.

But as I see it, Bitmain owes me 1 working S5 and 1 working S5 board. (Or I could run it as an S5-  Hm.)

As they seem to be sold out of S5s, I'd take a refund or a 2.7 BTC coupon on the new S7 (estimated)

Anything else I can do?

Thanks!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:59:25 AM

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right thread but I'm having trouble getting Bitmain to respond to my S5 support tickets.

I bought 34 S5's in mid-July and have had trouble with 4 of them.

1) A tantalum capacitor on one of them blew up, and both boards on the unit appear to be non-functioning, not just the one with the bad capacitor.

2) On a different unit, the fan quit. I used the fan from #1 to replace it. No biggie.

3) Ticket $ 3140: One unit purchased at the end of Batch 5, and sold as a new one, has one bad board with only 11 working chips. I told them I tested a different PSU but it didn't help. Bitmain suggested I try re-applying the thermal paste, which I did with no difference. Then they suggested I use at least a 750W PSU instead of a 600W, which I don't understand how they got the idea I am using a 600W PSU when I am using 1 of their 1600W PSUs to power two S5's. (Some poor soul must have cut himself on the heat sink blades as there was blood on the case when it arrived. Eeeew!)

4) Controller on one was no longer responding, so I replaced it with the controller from #1 also. It is working OK.

I wouldn't have done all this except that Bitmain's response to take #3 apart and try and fix it myself kind of shook my confidence that they would do anything at all.

However, I took 4 problems and turned them into just 1 and 1/2  Smiley I sent them Ticket #3277 to explain the issues.

But as I see it, Bitmain owes me 1 working S5 and 1 working S5 board. (Or I could run it as an S5-  Hm.)

As they seem to be sold out of S5s, I'd take a refund or a 2.7 BTC coupon on the new S7 (estimated)

Anything else I can do?

Thanks!

Proper would be the official S5 thread.  Anymore before you do anything you need to get permission I think they have cracked down.   Did any of the purchases come during the used batch?  If so I could see that being a problem as they might look at order dates and I believe it had 30 day's warranty so it could be over.  Also did you buy direct from Bitmain?

But post in official S5 thread, PM official account, send email.    The ticket should do it, but the other options are there.   But ticket should work assuming you meet warranty requirements.
qctechno

Activity: 307

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 11:52:19 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2015, 03:01:14 PM by qctechno

4) Controller on one was no longer responding

I received my S5 this week from Bitmain, hashing good for couples of day then stop responding.
Can't get an IP out of my controller. I reset it, boot it via SD card, nothing work.
Ethernet led blinks but didn't show-up any IP.

Ticket open,  waiting Bitmain response on that.

Edit : I find my problem, hub module giving me some trouble...  reset and fixed.  My bad. ..

bitcoingrw

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Being Human

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 06:33:03 PM

hello good day.. any one know that how i can do solo mining because i have 45Th/s and i want to found my own block... please guide me..thankyou
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 07:20:06 PM

hello good day.. any one know that how i can do solo mining because i have 45Th/s and i want to found my own block... please guide me..thankyou

Look into pools such as this: http://solo.ckpool.org/  With it everything is already setup you just point miner to an address.

Can I ask how do you have 45 T.  Care to share pictures would love to see it?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 08:23:28 PM

With only 45TH it'd take on average 70 days to find a block with no difficulty increases. That means there's a reasonable chance you will never find a block with your equipment - is that really worth the gamble?

bbOOmm

Activity: 277

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:54:24 AM

Has anyone got the Miner Link to work on their S5's

What's the trick?

on my two units, selecting on, filling in my registered email address and clicking the save & apply only makes it think for a few seconds and then it goes back to the off state

what is odd though, for the miner link server, it lists "www.minerlink.com" ... no specific port or sub page. Is this correct?

I'm using the very latest update with the fan control
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 05:33:25 PM

Can anyone recommend a pair of quieter fans please?

Been looking at high performance Corsair 120mm will they do the job?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: