Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:46:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing BTC in Real Investment Fund  (Read 2364 times)
pginvest (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 02:15:16 PM

Hello All,
This idea came to my some time ago and i'm working on it. Now its time to get some feedback from who might use it.

Its not a hyip, nor a pyramid not even a ponzi. You might lose all your investment (need to say this) and i'm not promising any 100% interest daily.

What do you think of an real world investment fund where you'll use your btc's to invest on? As i can't buy real stocks with btc it would be currency convertible (EUR).

What btc world would gain from it? Extra income (thats why we are here). Being currency convertible i'll have to buy btcs form market (planning to use intersango and btc-e, but I’m opened to suggestions), meaning that the volume might increase.
Deposits/payouts could also be done using paypal, but that’s not the point.

Would you trust yout btcs to someone that you don’t know? (Will provide monthly bank statement)  How much would you invest on this kind of project?
If i get possible investor, i'll open a new topic with full disclaimer and terms.
If you want to participate or have any idea that could help this project please let me know.
Thanks for your time.
AG

Am I spamming? Report me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2012, 02:18:06 PM

I feel like your securities transactions fees and taxes will be a small challenge. watching Smiley
pginvest (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 02:20:32 PM

All fees and legal taxes will be supported by me (part of my involvement on the fund). Thats to say... your income will be free of charge (as btc is)

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2012, 02:22:29 PM

what sectors would you fund be invested in likely?
GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 02:25:29 PM

no 100% interest daily?  Roll Eyes
pginvest (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 02:26:36 PM

ETFs (energy, material (raw), services.
CFDs (index)
Stocks - Portuguese Market - The one i know better.
Medium/long term bank deposits (some safe money and faster for payouts)

pginvest (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 02:28:05 PM

no 100% interest daily?  Roll Eyes
nop... sorry... as i don't want to run away with your btc i won't offer super-fantastic rates Smiley

Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 04:08:32 PM

nop... sorry... as i don't want to run away with your btc i won't offer super-fantastic rates Smiley

Heh. Well, I prefer low rates to negative ones, so this is certainly a plus. Grin

I'm mildly interested. This would be awesome if I were certain you know what you're doing. But determining that will be hard. Maybe make some speculative posts or investments with small amounts to demonstrate returns, and we'll see again in a few months. Oh, and of course the usual anti-scam investigations; be prepared for a lot of them after the current Ponzi party ends.

Generally, I think Bitcoin really needs some serious investment businesses. That might also help greatly in organizing and funding Bitcoin-related business projects.
pginvest (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 04:16:47 PM

Heh. Well, I prefer low rates to negative ones, so this is certainly a plus. Grin

I'm mildly interested. This would be awesome if I were certain you know what you're doing. But determining that will be hard. Maybe make some speculative posts or investments with small amounts to demonstrate returns, and we'll see again in a few months. Oh, and of course the usual anti-scam investigations; be prepared for a lot of them after the current Ponzi party ends.

Generally, I think Bitcoin really needs some serious investment businesses. That might also help greatly in organizing and funding Bitcoin-related business projects.
I hope i know what i'm doing Tongue At least i studied for that ( degree in business administration and currently enrolled in an MBA degree with a specialization in finance, which will end in December this year.
Regarding the anti-scam, I’ll gladly answer (public or privately) any question users/invertors might have.
As I can’t promise any interest rate, I’m not going to state any, I’ll just say that I want to distribute profit quarterly (+/- 70% of the profit).

pginvest (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 04:25:44 PM

In 2008 i've started a fund (with my own funds) and kept a record of it...

http://pginvest.com/?page_id=33

The password is "nav"

it was only stocks from PSI-20 stocks, the Portuguese Stock Market index.

Philj

Activity: 388

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 04:43:00 PM

The biggest issue I have with something like this is that the funds you invest in the fiat currency could see decent to really good return, but the value in BTC of the asset we would invest in could still go down if the price of BTC rises.

I think it still has a role in the larger investing market, and may be a decent way to hedge BTC value drops.
pginvest (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 04:53:36 PM

The biggest issue I have with something like this is that the funds you invest in the fiat currency could see decent to really good return, but the value in BTC of the asset we would invest in could still go down if the price of BTC rises.

I think it still has a role in the larger investing market, and may be a decent way to hedge BTC value drops.
I have to agree regarding the btc price rise, that why i thought about the paypal or even wire transfer. But, as i would have to trade Eur to btc, if you change it back you can have nearly the same value.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 04:56:54 PM

That's not a problem.  If you believe BTC will outpace other investments, then you have no reason to invest in other investments to start with.  If you believe in diversification of your investments (i.e. not putting 100% of your funds into BTC), then you shouldn't have a problem with some of your investments (a fund like this) being outperformed by others (BTC).
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 04:58:05 PM

It sounds like you are offering to act as broker-dealer, ... a regulated activity in most jurisdictions.  Here's an example of where a Portugese financial organization got spanked by the U.S. SEC for soliciting and brokering investment products to those in the U.S.:

- http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2011/2011-221.htm

( degree in business administration and currently enrolled in an MBA degree with a specialization in finance, which will end in December this year.

Or perhaps you are forming an entity and seeking investment monies which that entity will use to invest?  If so, then your MBA eduction would necessarily cover the structure of legal entities ... either limited liability company (LLC) or commercial companies / corporations.

Though you've already revealed an identity (from pginvest) it is likely you have not already formed one of these legal entities.  Is this the approach you were considering though?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

pginvest (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 05:11:23 PM

It sounds like you are offering to act as broker-dealer, ... a regulated activity in most jurisdictions.  Here's an example of where a Portugese financial organization got spanked by the U.S. SEC for soliciting and brokering investment products to those in the U.S.:

- http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2011/2011-221.htm

( degree in business administration and currently enrolled in an MBA degree with a specialization in finance, which will end in December this year.

Or perhaps you are forming an entity and seeking investment monies which that entity will use to invest?  If so, then your MBA eduction would necessarily cover the structure of legal entities ... either limited liability company (LLC) or commercial companies / corporations.

Though you've already revealed an identity (from pginvest) it is likely you have not already formed one of these legal entities.  Is this the approach you were considering though?

Yes i don't have any problem to reveal my identity, as i'm not planning to scam anyone. That was a good research Wink.

No I’m not planning to have a llc, (Lda in Portuguese jurisdiction).
What I’m planning to offer is a fund managed by me with no legal jurisdiction, this causes you just to trust me as you won’t be legal protected.
If I was planning to do some llc, i would have to invest a sum of money that I cannot afford and have a corporation structure that for what I’m planning to do is completely insane. Moreover under the Portuguese regulation, I would have to wait years (bureaucracy) to have fund approved.
And I don’t think that SEC would accept BTC as a funding option.

pginvest (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 07:34:52 PM

he he Smiley
This project will be so legal as bitcoin is... but a little more risky as it envolved real world currency and financial services

fm1234

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 07:52:17 PM

I've looked at doing something along these lines, with either stocks or real estate.   The securities regulations (at least in the US) make the deal all but a non-starter in the case of stocks; fluctuations in the BTC exchange rate pose a real challenge for the latter.  Real estate tends to be a nearly fixed income investment (or more precisely, an investment with a "fixed ceiling" since every quarter will have variable costs from maintenance, taxes, vacancies, etc.) and trying to pay out that income in a fixed BTC rate can only be accomplished by making that rate very low, and having a year-end "profit share" payment from accrued payouts.   

It's a real challenge, but one which I personally think is very important to address.   Bitcoin can't live forever as a nerd science project; getting it into legitimate commercial and investment channels is one of the keys to getting real legs under the currency.

Frank
pginvest (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 08:32:40 PM

I and trying to pay out that income in a fixed BTC rate can only be accomplished by making that rate very low, and having a year-end "profit share" payment from accrued payouts.   

I'll try to do it quarterly, as some ETF pay dividends quarterly.

It's a real challenge, but one which I personally think is very important to address.   Bitcoin can't live forever as a nerd science project; getting it into legitimate commercial and investment channels is one of the keys to getting real legs under the currency.

If this project goes live and gets some critical income its a possibility to try to make it real legal, but for the upcoming times i don't intend to...

fm1234

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2012, 09:01:02 PM

I wish you best of luck with it, especially if you have experience with the  Portugese markets.  I've been looking at doing something with real estate very closely, because I already own real estate on my own, have needed legal and technical support in place for that kind of thing, am always scanning the market  where I work and I have a good "feel" for it etc.    "Local feel" -- eg. Portugese stocks, panhandle Florida real estate, etc. -- is something that could bring real value to the table for Bitcoin users and investors.  Regardless of how dire the overall economy might seem, there is always  money being made somewhere, at something.  A global, geo-neutral currency and community such as Bitcoin conveys a distinct advantage to its members inasmuch as it allows members around the world to see where those pockets are, both in terms of geography and market sector. 

Frank
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 01:18:44 AM

I'm so excited for bitcoin's economy Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: