Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:55:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best website to give out loans? Btcjam or ?  (Read 17041 times)
MAGsistemas

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:24:25 PM

Please be careful with btcpop.co

I have lost 0.713 BTC there, from my account balance, three weeks ago.
They never solved the issue, promises and apologies only.
There are many users complaining that account statements and balances are wrong and there is no action from support team
(And they haven't 24/7 support. Support work few hours a day, and take all holidays).
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 10:18:35 PM

Well the only thing i know is that btcjam loans arent safe even with several things news they had implemented the scammers keep on there ,and everywhere,i like more to lend here as i can sell the colateral if the used default.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:49:51 PM

Well the only thing i know is that btcjam loans arent safe even with several things news they had implemented the scammers keep on there ,and everywhere,i like more to lend here as i can sell the colateral if the used default.
Yeah I never lend 0.05 btc to someone within a period of 1 month but he did not pay it. I reported this to the party btcjam. they could not do anything
management sites are very bad I think :-/
ronaldinho_07

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:59:23 PM

Well i had being there sometime ago because the advertisement at blockchain.info,soo i thinked were a service provided by them and were the service most used on the time.I had some coins from the faucets,and just that,i searched and made around 10 investments from those maybe 6 repaid and the others well 2 of them i took the risk since nothing were confirmed besides be a marine,atleast he claimed to be.I had left those with a small profit ,and something like 0,03 btc lost to the scammers,on that time were more easy to get the loan and forget about it.
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:32:11 AM

I don't even think they have the net arbs thing straight anymore. Best to avoid.
knowhow

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:00:28 PM

The only safe way i give out loans these days are at poloniex,because who gets the loan cant withdraw before repay the loan,and the other is here ,with colateral always.Those others you would be risking only your capital.
malphite

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:16:15 PM

The only safe way i give out loans these days are at poloniex,because who gets the loan cant withdraw before repay the loan,and the other is here ,with colateral always.Those others you would be risking only your capital.

I dont get it lol.

Isnt it the risk still there if they just take the loan and never come back. Or are you saying they need to make a 1st payment to access the remaining part of the loan?
malzahar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:33:25 PM

I think the only best form is to set your microloans here on the forum.

Based on your collateral set in place on your own terms, with limited lending amounts.
btiAndy

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:31:10 PM

I don't even think they have the net arbs thing straight anymore. Best to avoid.

Jam switched arbitration services without any explanation last month, new provider is the Dhami Law Firm out of New York who specializes in debt reduction services...nothing to count on from an investor perspective.  Stay away from BTCJam without a doubt, they are going downhill.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:18:47 PM

I think the only best form is to set your microloans here on the forum.

Based on your collateral set in place on your own terms, with limited lending amounts.
yeah agree
if I want to stay safe. you could ask for greater assurance than bitocin that you lent. so even if he does not pay the debt. you have the assurance that can be sold
This is like an investment that has a fairly low risk
knowhow

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:59:16 AM

I dont get it lol.

Isnt it the risk still there if they just take the loan and never come back. Or are you saying they need to make a 1st payment to access the remaining part of the loan?

The lending time will end and the ammount will be deducted to hir or her portfolio,to you get a loan at poloniex you need to put some coins into margin trades(works like colateral) and the loans has minimum of 2 days and max 60 days soo you can withdraw any crypto before repay.
CoinPro*

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:09:14 AM

Loanbase
BTCpop
Bitbond

Over 350 BTC paid back to date. Username on all platforms: CoinPro

We also accept private investors off-site. Send a PM for info/rates.

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:18:51 AM

I lost around 0.40BTC even on B graded loans on bitbond: I will never use those platforms again.
I think it's better to start a lending thread here and make our own rules: I supposed (and I was wrong) that being on that platoform could have been better.

CoinPro*

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:32:06 PM

I lost around 0.40BTC even on B graded loans on bitbond: I will never use those platforms again.
I think it's better to start a lending thread here and make our own rules: I supposed (and I was wrong) that being on that platoform could have been better.

Yes, there are obvious risks involved with lending to users on the mentioned sites. However, the same thing could happen on the forums. Unless someone is better at verifying users information than the sites, I say stick to the sites.

Example: Someone on the forums is from India. I am American. I have no clue what to look for if someone sends me a fake ID, or other documents from that country. I am certainly not going to trust that person just because they have a hero account or similar. Especially seeing is how bitcointalk allows people to sell/transfer them. Now, if they were already signed up with a lending site, that verified as much of their information as possible, I will be much more inclined to invest with that person. Sure, there is still a chance the site gets fooled, but I also would not be investing a ridiculous amount.

You are correct though about making your own rules. As long as they are strict enough, you could easily guarantee no defaults, and/or at least breaking even.

General rule when giving loans to strangers (or even friends). Never give out more than you would be willing to lose at a craps table. Pretend that money never existed, and if it comes back to you with interest, smile Smiley
stiffbud

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:00:17 AM

Try btcpop, I actually prefer them as they have an intant loan option an also you can provide altcoins and shares as collateral in there. Based on security loans, I'd prefer to give out loans to people in here plus people are really friendly  . Another options are bitbond and loanbase, I haven't tried them yet.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:03:24 AM

If you want to secure your money in giving out loans your best option is to just start a lending service ere in the forum and always asks for a collateral. I don't really think those sites are really helpful because some people will just scam even if their identity is at stake. It's always best to get a collateral rather offer it just because a person offers to show you their ID.
CoinPro*

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:49:24 AM

Try btcpop, I actually prefer them as they have an intant loan option an also you can provide altcoins and shares as collateral in there. Based on security loans, I'd prefer to give out loans to people in here plus people are really friendly  . Another options are bitbond and loanbase, I haven't tried them yet.

The option of alt-coin and shares collateral would definitely make btcpop the safer choice out of the others mentioned. Just an FYI, people can only apply for an instant loan after they have already paid off 2 loans totaling a certain BTC amount. 
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:20:28 AM

agree with an excellent system of poloniex. but still, you need a guarantee that you can hold. when they go for a long time or do not pay. Of course you can use collateral to recover it
make sure that the collateral it has a higher price than the money you lend
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:48:15 PM

Yes, there are obvious risks involved with lending to users on the mentioned sites. However, the same thing could happen on the forums. Unless someone is better at verifying users information than the sites, I say stick to the sites.

Example: Someone on the forums is from India. I am American. I have no clue what to look for if someone sends me a fake ID, or other documents from that country. I am certainly not going to trust that person just because they have a hero account or similar. Especially seeing is how bitcointalk allows people to sell/transfer them. Now, if they were already signed up with a lending site, that verified as much of their information as possible, I will be much more inclined to invest with that person. Sure, there is still a chance the site gets fooled, but I also would not be investing a ridiculous amount.

You are correct though about making your own rules. As long as they are strict enough, you could easily guarantee no defaults, and/or at least breaking even.

General rule when giving loans to strangers (or even friends). Never give out more than you would be willing to lose at a craps table. Pretend that money never existed, and if it comes back to you with interest, smile Smiley

Yes pal, well said!
There is nothing like zero risk around here therefore is always necessary to consider all the different variables when doing something like that and I'll say to everybody to take all the necessary means before doing it!
faridkifly

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:50:41 PM

i dont know which website is the best because i think loans is not good dude.
I have a friend, he had just borrowed BTC. small numbers with almost 20% interest upon return. the bail is his accounts and finally because he had to get confused on which the 20% interest. finally he gambled and lost all their loans. what a sad story  Sad Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: