Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:48:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best website to give out loans? Btcjam or ?  (Read 17040 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:26:14 PM

It is easy to fake a verification data in every lending website, if you search on google you can see alot of ID that are free to grab, combine it with a good editting skill then you will get yourself a fake ID.

I don't know btcjam, as i'm not registered there, (is one of the thing i have to do in the next days....) but on btcpop and bitlendigclub, when they verify the borrowres identity, thei ask for a photo with the document id near your face.... I think that this is much more difficult to fake....

But also on this two sites, defaulted borrowers are present.....

they should start to add video verification, and not only photo, something like this can't be faked ever

anyway my problem is that i can't find someone that ask for a small loan, they all ask for 0.5+

I agree, a video would be ideal.
Don't you have 0.5+? You've been here for a while. If they give it back + interest, whats the problem? I would do it, if I could trust the system, but I don't. I know that in the deep web they sell stolen IDs and whatnot, so I cant fully risk it.
So yeah in this case, I could probably risk 0.1, but not 0.5+.

it's not the amount, it's the trust of those members that are requesting the loan that is concerning me, apparently even A+ users, there, can default on loan, there is a report from a guy on this subject

pretty sad to see this to be honest

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 07:11:41 PM

AFAIK you can provide a minimum of 1 satoshi loan in btcjam. The main point about this lending platform is that multiple people could work together to provide a loan to someone. Therefore the risk for it is split among the lender as well as the interest for the loan.
This enable you to split up your "investment" to several loan and minimize your risk therefore if someone defaulted the loan, you are not suffering from providing 100 % of it.

While it is true that I can split up my investment among multiple loans, my ultimate goal is to make profit that is a % on top of what I have given to someone. In case, say 3 out of 10 do not repay my loan and the remaining 7 do, in the best case scenario I will have the same amount of coins than what I began with. Hence, what is the point of investing? Had I left my coins in my wallet, I would be at the same point without the risk of losing.

This risk is unfortunately in every investment business, however in this case it is more expressed. I can only see that my money will be used to "buy more hardware for mining" or similar, but I am often not given additional details and expected profit. Some borrowers do, which indicates they are more serious, whereas others give only vague description of what they do with the money.

Unfortunately I had to agree with it , atleast I had not stated that it is risk-free but it could minimize your risk , these are two different term though. Basically people loves to get more than what he/she has currently thus it cant be avoided that people love to lend to get interest and those who own the lending platform is the only risk-less in this case.
Well, it is not hard to identify a potential scammer on lending platform as scammer tend to not verify their data because it will be bad for them if their data were to be exposed to the lender though

P.S : However keeping your stash of coins isnt considered risk-free as well as the value of it may drop

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:53:58 PM

AFAIK you can provide a minimum of 1 satoshi loan in btcjam. The main point about this lending platform is that multiple people could work together to provide a loan to someone. Therefore the risk for it is split among the lender as well as the interest for the loan.
This enable you to split up your "investment" to several loan and minimize your risk therefore if someone defaulted the loan, you are not suffering from providing 100 % of it.

While it is true that I can split up my investment among multiple loans, my ultimate goal is to make profit that is a % on top of what I have given to someone. In case, say 3 out of 10 do not repay my loan and the remaining 7 do, in the best case scenario I will have the same amount of coins than what I began with. Hence, what is the point of investing? Had I left my coins in my wallet, I would be at the same point without the risk of losing.

This risk is unfortunately in every investment business, however in this case it is more expressed. I can only see that my money will be used to "buy more hardware for mining" or similar, but I am often not given additional details and expected profit. Some borrowers do, which indicates they are more serious, whereas others give only vague description of what they do with the money.

Unfortunately I had to agree with it , atleast I had not stated that it is risk-free but it could minimize your risk , these are two different term though. Basically people loves to get more than what he/she has currently thus it cant be avoided that people love to lend to get interest and those who own the lending platform is the only risk-less in this case.
Well, it is not hard to identify a potential scammer on lending platform as scammer tend to not verify their data because it will be bad for them if their data were to be exposed to the lender though

P.S : However keeping your stash of coins isnt considered risk-free as well as the value of it may drop

If BTCJam does nothing to try to catch the people that don't pay, then whats the point of BTCJam? It should act as an agent that guarantees those that request a loan pay the loan, and if they don't, the minimum they could do is give your money back (even tho in the banking world, if you don't pay, you have to pay even more to the person that gave you money).
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 06:16:18 PM

If BTCJam does nothing to try to catch the people that don't pay, then whats the point of BTCJam? It should act as an agent that guarantees those that request a loan pay the loan, and if they don't, the minimum they could do is give your money back (even tho in the banking world, if you don't pay, you have to pay even more to the person that gave you money).

It stands as a lending platform, where people could go and ask for loan or provide a loan for someone else and get interest from it. They dont try to find the scammers who defaulted on the loan but rather they will provide you with the data that they have on those who defaulted the loan ( it is call as arbitration award ) you, yourself as well with/and/or the other lender will need to pursue the scammers by yourself at your own will.

It will be great if the person resides at the same country as you but it is too much hassle if it isnt because you could spend more than what you loaned him if he resides at the another side of the world , that is why most people just tend to let it go rather than pursuing the scammer

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:20:22 PM

---snip---

I think they did have a scheme where they would insure some (perhaps all?) of the money one would lend out to third parties. Unfortunately, this was after I personally got scammed so I didn't get anything. Also, I am not sure if this is actually true or how it works and whether or not its still running.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:23:57 PM

many people who say that btcjam is a scam. I saw in the service section, it is better not to invest there. or you might try bitlender, it is similar to btcjam, perhaps could have been better
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 04:20:57 PM

BTCjam is the safest, if you would call these things safe. I wouldnt even invest there, but that is just me Cheesy
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 04:42:25 PM

I think Only btcjam can give you more safe about your money or bitcoins. . and btc is an old legit website that you can load pr lend..
And there's no other site that can give a same benifits from btcjam..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
coldblooded

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 02:39:40 AM

BTCPOP stole my deposit.  They won't let me withdraw the coins I deposited earlier today.  The customer service rep said I could withdraw but that I had 2 accounts and I was in big trouble for that.  I do not have 2 accounts, and they have no proof of such a thing and if they did, what right does that give them to steal my money?   

Do not trust BTCPOP!   They blatently stole my BTC for no reason and make up false accusations that are completely baseless as justification to withhold my BTC!

How does making more than one account justify stealing my money, and the worst part, I DID NOT MAKE MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT! 

Amount stolen from me by BTCPOP today:   0.16BTC STOLEN
adibe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:35:35 AM

I think this forum also good for give out loans. I mean on Lending section you can take a loan and you only need a collateral or no collateral if you are trustable.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:50:06 AM

I think this forum also good for give out loans. I mean on Lending section you can take a loan and you only need a collateral or no collateral if you are trustable.
Well the thing is even the trustability of someone can be called into question, because I've heard there's a scam on BTCJam where people build up trust by taking out smaller loans then default on a large one later on.

Collateral is definitely a must.
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:28:50 AM

btcjam is one of popular bitcoin website give out loans and i think is no one site safe more than btcjam for invest or borrow.

cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 07:10:24 AM

btcjam is one of popular bitcoin website give out loans and i think is no one site safe more than btcjam for invest or borrow.

In my opinion BtcJam is quite dead no more than 5 / 10 listing founding.... there are better places....

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 07:45:51 AM

many people who say that btcjam is a scam. I saw in the service section, it is better not to invest there. or you might try bitlender, it is similar to btcjam, perhaps could have been better

I heard btcjam was 50/50. Some people had a good experience I guess until some scammers used it for their ponzi stuff.

Then again, I dont take chances when I hear the same story from lots of people.
quentincole32

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:37:11 AM

I heard btcjam was 50/50. Some people had a good experience I guess until some scammers used it for their ponzi stuff.

I feel so sad when hearing bitcoin realted to be used as ponzi scheme operation.
Makes bitcoin imagery looks terrible thing online, I heard too about btcjam recently used by some people to run their dirty business it's make completely bad for bitcoin. Nowadays hard to find a good source to give out / in loan, I prefer to trust loan activity in this forum based on trust and reputation.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:44:07 AM

I feel so sad when hearing bitcoin realted to be used as ponzi scheme operation.
Makes bitcoin imagery looks terrible thing online, I heard too about btcjam recently used by some people to run their dirty business it's make completely bad for bitcoin. Nowadays hard to find a good source to give out / in loan, I prefer to trust loan activity in this forum based on trust and reputation.

You should ignore it. Do I get sad when a ponzi scheme where billions of fiat money is stolen from innocent people? Not for fiat, but for the people it's a shitty situation. So you should also feel not sad for Bitcoin. Scammers operate on any market level whether it is fiat or Bitcoin. There is no difference.
w00dface

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:13:26 AM

BTCPOP stole my deposit.  They won't let me withdraw the coins I deposited earlier today.  The customer service rep said I could withdraw but that I had 2 accounts and I was in big trouble for that.  I do not have 2 accounts, and they have no proof of such a thing and if they did, what right does that give them to steal my money?   

Do not trust BTCPOP!   They blatently stole my BTC for no reason and make up false accusations that are completely baseless as justification to withhold my BTC!

How does making more than one account justify stealing my money, and the worst part, I DID NOT MAKE MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT! 

Amount stolen from me by BTCPOP today:   0.16BTC STOLEN

Hi,

Your account was locked for review due to you having multiple accounts and making threats to kill in our chatroom. You was informed of this.

Once this review has been completed (to ensure you do not have any further accounts that are over due or borrowing) we will release you BTC for withdrawal

Regards
Lee Bartholomew
CEO- BTCPOP
quentincole32

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:25:41 AM

You should ignore it. Do I get sad when a ponzi scheme where billions of fiat money is stolen from innocent people? Not for fiat, but for the people it's a shitty situation. So you should also feel not sad for Bitcoin. Scammers operate on any market level whether it is fiat or Bitcoin. There is no difference.
Yeah even I know it there is so many fiat ponzi too outhere, I just feel bad when I told people around me about bitcoin and the first impression that they got is a ponzi scheme investment which it makes me looks shame.
They told me everything i do online is shit and scam.
After that I never trust any site that offering a loan based investment like btcjam or whatever.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
Nextgen

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 11:47:28 AM

Yeah even I know it there is so many fiat ponzi too outhere, I just feel bad when I told people around me about bitcoin and the first impression that they got is a ponzi scheme investment which it makes me looks shame.
They told me everything i do online is shit and scam.
After that I never trust any site that offering a loan based investment like btcjam or whatever.
People who can judge basing on such low amount facts and knowledge are just not interested and want to troll.I have seen lot people taking significant amount of loans for sCC on btcjam and most of them have repaid as they made ROI's but many couldn't cause it was clearly a ponzi.

But still no website could tell you as to why the lender needs the loan.However, the probability might have an impact on it and i would say loanbase is easy to get a loan.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 12:45:06 PM

I guess is BTCjam  the best place to loans bitcoin, there are very reliable and have a lot to say that it is the best place to loans,  try to get loans bitcoin there
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: