Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:20:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 14% off BFL ASIC SC Single Preorder (including free US shipping on 9 units)  (Read 1660 times)
wogaut (OP)
Donator

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 02:51:07 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2012, 03:01:51 AM by wogaut

I'm an owner of Butterfly Labs hashing power and as many others I'm faced by the ASIC pre-order decision.
I'm more interested in preserving my current value than expanding my mining operation, and BFL honors dollar-for-dollar trade-ins up to 50% of the ASIC purchasing price.  

So I'm offering 9 BFL SC (ASIC) Singles up for pre-order (usually priced at 1299$) directly from BFL.  
With my trade-in I will be able to sell 9 units for 1120 USD each (that's a discount of 13.8%).  

If someone's interested in having all 9 available units, we will do this directly through BFL (your funds go to BFL, they will be told to send 9 units from my order directly to your address).
US Shipping is paid by me if all 9 units are bought (then they are shipped from BFL directly to you).

Actual shipping dates are at the mercy of BFL of course.

This offer will give you a serious discount if you are thinking to pre-order SC Singles!

PM if interested, buyers of the whole lot are preferred.  

Cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 04:51:00 AM

So you have 9 BFL Singles (FPGA). You're going to trade them in for ASICs, and then sell those ASICs for a discount. I don't get it. Why not mine on the ASICs? Or sell them for a profit (rather than a discount) like i'm sure a bunch of other people are going to be doing?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 05:18:13 AM

I PM'd you.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 07:40:34 AM

So you have 9 BFL Singles (FPGA). You're going to trade them in for ASICs, and then sell those ASICs for a discount. I don't get it. Why not mine on the ASICs? Or sell them for a profit (rather than a discount) like i'm sure a bunch of other people are going to be doing?

That is how I read it, very strange indeed.

I am also fairly certain BFL will not allow you to drop ship your order to someone else. You will need to receive them and then remail them to the buyer.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2012, 08:28:31 AM

Or sell them for a profit (rather than a discount) like i'm sure a bunch of other people are going to be doing?
Because it's a pre-order. He's getting the funds now so he can use them to order the units. He's keeping his BFL exposure in check this way.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
wogaut (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 03:03:53 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2012, 03:29:29 PM by wogaut

Or sell them for a profit (rather than a discount) like i'm sure a bunch of other people are going to be doing?
Because it's a pre-order. He's getting the funds now so he can use them to order the units. He's keeping his BFL exposure in check this way.

This is basically true.

@ crazyates: In fact I have the processing power of 15 Singles, and I'm willing to give someone 9 (and 6 for me), as an incentive to take my offer. The total price for those 9 ASIC Singles is what BFL quoted me as a payment for 15 ASIC Singles upgrade (subtracting my trade-in).  So you basically get 9 for the price of 7.5 by paying my upgrade. I believe this is a better deal than ordering from BFLs web-page if you don't own a trade-in now.  

@ sadpandatech: BFL has shown the flexibility in the past to ship partial orders to different addresses (several posts of people selling ordered FPGA Singles before they got them). I will of course make sure that this works before finalizing any of this, and have the buy-in of everyone involved.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 03:10:55 PM

This is basically true.

@ crazyates: In fact' I have the processing power of 15 Singles, and I'm willing to give someone 9 (and 6 for me), as an incentive to take my offer. The total price for those 9 ASIC Singles is what BFL quoted me as a payment for 15 ASIC Singles upgrade (subtracting my trade-in).  So you basically get 9 for the price of 7.5 by paying my upgrade. I believe this is a better deal than ordering from BFLs web-page if you don't own a trade-in now. 

@ sadpandatech: BFL has shown the flexibility in the past to ship partial orders to different addresses (several posts of people selling ordered FPGA Singles before they got them). I will of course make sure that this works before finalizing any of this, and have the buy-in of everyone involved.

Ah I think I see now. You want to upgrade all 15 of your FPGAs to ASICs, but don't want to spend another 10k USD in the process. So you're selling 9 ASICs to cover the cost of upgrading all 15. Thanks for the clarification.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
wogaut (OP)
Donator

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 01:21:27 AM

Since there were several individuals interested in less than the whole lot of 9, I have created a GLBSE listing to facilitate the sale to those that are interested:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92267.msg1016974#msg1016974

Have a look!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: