Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:46:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin just broke the 2012 long term support trend line.  (Read 1757 times)
Wandererfromthenorth (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:06:09 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 12:08:44 AM by Wandererfromthenorth

Posted on the Wall Observer thread, but it's pretty important so I will open a new thread.

Bitcoin is breaking the 2012 long term logarithmic support trend line. You can draw it a little bit differently depending on where you put the points but all of them are being tested:

Edit: Update:  

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marvinrouge

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:09:29 PM

woops Tongue
Swordfishbtc

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:10:40 PM

what does that mean for price?
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:11:05 PM

looks like its done it a couple other times.... right before skyrocketting.
marvinrouge

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:11:17 PM

what does that mean for price?

freefall (if holds)
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:11:26 PM

Are we f***ed now?   Cry

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:12:24 PM

Let's see Smiley
Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:18:49 PM

Ha, that's some interesting lines you drew right there! But on the other hand this means that we are about to bounce back and start another bull-run to a new ATH! I for one can't wait to see the moon. We will see four digits, but will probably never see two digits ever again!

Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:23:14 PM

A small going down below the line indicates nothing. Its not a rigid line drawn by the laws of nature, only a statistical line.

It will bounce up nicely, but will take several months to get in a bull market.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Kipsy89

Relax!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:25:22 PM

A small going down below the line indicates nothing. Its not a rigid line drawn by the laws of nature, only a statistical line.

I hope it bounces up, too, but don't we need a higher volume for this to be significant? RIght now it only looks like a continuation of the bleeding out that's been going on for quite some time now and that can't be good for anything, this just pushes the price down further, and isn't causing any support to remain valid.

Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:31:40 PM

I hope it bounces up, too, but don't we need a higher volume for this to be significant? RIght now it only looks like a continuation of the bleeding out that's been going on for quite some time now and that can't be good for anything, this just pushes the price down further, and isn't causing any support to remain valid.

Thats why I am hoping the drop down to 250-260 happens fast. It will provide the momentum for the upward movement.
As you pointed out a slow bleeding does not help but I think the capitulation is coming soon.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 08:32:32 PM

This selling volume is indeed tiny. Barely even registers compared to the dip to 275.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:32:39 PM

I'm not a "trader" so it's up to you guys. But isn't this when you're supposed to be buying the dip (cheap coins)?  People seem real good at selling the tops, but poor as shit at buying the bottoms.   Between the farms cashing out and the short-capades going on at all times is it really a surprise that it's continually bleeding out?
celebreze32

Activity: 296

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:35:24 PM

Different people have drawn that line slightly differently. What kind of price range must bitcoin fall below before everyone agrees the 2012 long term support trend line is broken? Someone said ~270 a while back and others gave slightly higher and lower figures.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:47:21 PM

Posted on the Wall Observer thread, but it's pretty important so I will open a new thread.

Bitcoin is breaking the 2012 long term logarithmic support trend line.

Interesting to see, 300 still looks so high on that (linear/nonlinear?) chart.
Kipsy89

Relax!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:50:52 PM

I'm not a "trader" so it's up to you guys. But isn't this when you're supposed to be buying the dip (cheap coins)?  People seem real good at selling the tops, but poor as shit at buying the bottoms.   Between the farms cashing out and the short-capades going on at all times is it really a surprise that it's continually bleeding out?

Well, a lot of people are really greedy and will never sell at the top, but buying the bottoms is hard because things look dire then, and people start to panic. This is contrarian-investing, but works only when you are totally sure about what you are doing! As soon as emotions get involved, you are screwed!

Arv1e

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:55:35 PM

Well, a lot of people are really greedy and will never sell at the top, but buying the bottoms is hard because things look dire then, and people start to panic. This is contrarian-investing, but works only when you are totally sure about what you are doing! As soon as emotions get involved, you are screwed!

Please introduce me to someone who knows what they are doing and thus accurately predict the price.. I have read a lot of threads on here and havent come across anyone yet. Cheesnut is excellent at short term predictions using EW but thats only for the short term traders.
celebreze32

Activity: 296

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:02:49 PM

Please introduce me to someone who knows what they are doing and thus accurately predict the price.. I have read a lot of threads on here and havent come across anyone yet. Cheesnut is excellent at short term predictions using EW but thats only for the short term traders.

I doubt anyone can 100% of the time. One analyst, who has now locked his thread, said he could do better than the flip of a coin, but refused to make 100% guarantees.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:19:02 PM

Better 20x leverage now Shocked

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Wandererfromthenorth (OP)

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:20:08 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2015, 11:36:22 PM by Wandererfromthenorth

I predicted the $450-$680 megapump and timed it perfectly so did others for example.
Same for for the timing of today's sell off and I posted a bunch of other easy trade setups lately.

Not bragging, just saying that it's not rocket science, anyone can do it if they know the right (simple) tools, and that predicting major moves is absolutely possible.

Trading is important IMHO because you can protect yourself from crashes like this. Since you can sometimes time the markets, you can stay in fiat and stay safe watching the price decline. You have all the time in the world to rebuy if you want to.
It would be a way for the perma-bulls to protect themselves...

this is my take:

some ask: "why a sudden increase in price"? what's the news?

the reason is simple, and it has nothing to do with news!

Trend reversal was about to happen only if we had these conditions:

-Important breakout points broken and crossings of trend lines
-sudden rise in volume

Do you think it's a coincidence that the huge sudden spike for no apparent reason (no news) happens when two lines that touch several crucial points in the graph meet PERFECTLY for the first time ever?  Wink

Careful bulls, this thing will crash, support just cracked.

It's gonna be either a huge long or a huge short:

Last support trend line standing before the void. Only on Chinese exchanges.

I suspect we would have breached that before the Microsoft P&D (as you can see from the chart, we went under the trend line for a few minutes/hours), but the news was good reason enough to stop the dumps and pump a little before returning to the same levels.

I gave you guys a no-brainer trade setup and told you when the big move was gonna come.
I told you to buy the breakout if we break the big triangle up, short if we break the triangle down.

This could be a ridiculous big move that is gonna take us a lot lower. Why not stay safe?
How many didn't listen?  Sad

Timing the BTC markets is easy as fuck  Sad

Grin

Next big move should come in a few days (4-6 max)
Wait for volume to confirm a breakout/breakdown.

If big volume confirms a break in either direction, it should be a major move.

You don't need to guess beforehand. That's the point. You short the breakdown (if we go down) or you long the breakout (if we go up) when we exit the triangle trying to get the best fill. Only if volume confirms it though.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: