Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:54:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who the hell is selling right now?  (Read 3284 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:38:11 AM

If you noticed that the thread is surprisingly free of trolls, you are welcome.

If your post has been deleted. You are part of the problem, not the solution.

Enjoy your Federal Reserve Notes and everything they support.

In other words, a troll is someone you disagree with?

My post which was deleted:

I love how anyone selling bitcoin is considered a "weak hand".

Maybe sellers are just smart enough to know not to hold something that has been consistently losing value for over a year?

If we have a rally, there's plenty of time to jump on board. Why expose yourself to risk when you can just sit back, short, and accumulate fiat?

In what way does that constitute trolling? I'm sure if I swapped out "sell" for "buy" you would have thought highly of it.

I think enough of decentralized currency to try to maximize my wealth . Those of us who did not buy thousands of bitcoins for pennies on the dollar back in the day cannot afford to sit on $1,000 bitcoins as they continue to lose value. Since you joined this forum in 2010, I assume you accumulated most of your bitcoins at a price far below today's current value. That is not the case for the majority of forum members, who were sucked into the hype of potential multithousand dollar coins last winter.

If a single bitcoin will one day be the equivalent of one million US dollars, it wouldn't change my current trading view. I'd accumulate as much "worthless" fiat as possible, so that I can maximize my gains when bitcoin takes off to a million. Permahodling doesn't work all that well for newbies today - and newbies are the only people whose opinions are swayed by the Speculation forum, so they're really who we're catering to.

So...accumulate fiat, sway newbies to not buy Bitcoins so that one day Bitcoin will be worth a lot.

And I create one thread getting rid of such silliness and everyone goes nuts. Perhaps their employers require them to post once in every thread. Tongue

Agenda noted. At least you're not a paid troll.

Are you sure there are really PAID trolls? Butthurt can turn normals into skeptics very quickly you know

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:42:16 AM

short term price is not very interesting, 90%of coins might be held long term but the trading of 10% coins might be jumping in and out of shaky hands

don't fret the short term

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:07:35 AM

My guess is some early adopters are feeling jittery that BTC may fail and are liquidating their positions, these people can afford to sell for this price only because they got on the train when BTC was worth squat. Even if they got on late, say at $200, remember that they are still selling at a profit. Soon we should see these stocks dry up and a refusal to sell at such low prices, which should drive demand and the price should go back up. The actual reason for the fall still seems to be a mystery, it looks like there is a cartel similar to the diamond cartel that is deliberately pushing the price down to pick up BTC at low prices so that they can make a killing when they pump the coin the next time. These cartels are killing Satoshi's dreams of de-centralization.  Angry

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 07:25:23 AM

My guess is some early adopters are feeling jittery that BTC may fail and are liquidating their positions, these people can afford to sell for this price only because they got on the train when BTC was worth squat. Even if they got on late, say at $200, remember that they are still selling at a profit. Soon we should see these stocks dry up and a refusal to sell at such low prices, which should drive demand and the price should go back up. The actual reason for the fall still seems to be a mystery, it looks like there is a cartel similar to the diamond cartel that is deliberately pushing the price down to pick up BTC at low prices so that they can make a killing when they pump the coin the next time. These cartels are killing Satoshi's dreams of de-centralization.  Angry

If this is manipulation, which I'm not convinced it is, it is present in all markets. I don't know why people are so incensed by this.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:39:11 AM

I agree.. why do people buy Bitcoin if they dont trust Bitcoin. I have confident that Bitcoin price will rise sooner or later.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:06:10 AM

Smart money is selling, and has been selling for quite a while. Suckers in denial are buying.

you holding any coin now or fiat on exchange?
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:27:19 AM

I just don't get it. Why would you sell so low?

And why buy bitcoins in the first place if you just planned on selling low?

KnC has tens of thousands of coins. If they are expecting the price to go down it's not strange that they dump a few k's.

What is sure is that this is a great buying opportunity.

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:04:30 AM

i guess miners? they cant pay their bills in btc

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:35:40 AM

This thread should be a poll.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:52:43 AM

Smart money is selling, and has been selling for quite a while. Suckers in denial are buying.

Selling Bitcoin in 2014 was a great trade but I think that now is time to buy.

i guess miners? they cant pay their bills in btc

Miners need to sell to pay their bills and buy new equipment. Probably a lot of people that bought a year ago have been selling because they don't believe in Bitcoin much anymore, they may come back when the price goes back to 800$.
Some early adopters are selling to get some fiat for other investments.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: