Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:12:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who put VOd on such a high horse?  (Read 3729 times)
takagari (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:59:19 AM

I had a positive from a web designer, who after paying shut down his business, so today whilst I was digging, decided to rewrite my pos. I guess he retracted his.

Just show's what one person like VOD can do to a user's rating over nothing.

He also left this over 12 hours ago, and has been online since.
So I'm simply being ignored.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
takagari (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:02:54 AM

As I said previously, careless and or stupid people will be parted from their money no matter how many warnings we give them or how many users try to play whack-a-mole. When this community began there was no one really around "scambusting" like they do today. People had individual transactions, and if they went bad they were then themselves free to make accusations and it was generally judged on its merits. Since the community is much larger now and more filled with less technically proficient people, and more scammers this kind of individual attention to cases is restricted. Yet in spite of this the level of penalty enforcement has not decreased along with the decreased standard of evidence against users.

This results in a very divisive and destructive type of infighting that is counterproductive in building trust networks and simply results in making them a tool of extortion and harassment because everyone is ready to engage in a witch hunt. How do you think the first of us around here had to learn these things? We did it BY BUILDING OUR OWN TRUST NETWORKS, and taking managed and informed risks, not relying on green and red numbers. In the end all the scammer has to do is make a new name. Does playing whack-a-mole endlessly on random usernames really stop them?

What is an acceptable level of innocent people caught up in this? How much is an acceptable amount of their money, time, and effort burnt because of a careless false accusation? Can the cryptocoin community really afford to be burning people who want to honestly contribute now days? We are doing more to burn the users who want to contribute here than we are to punish the scammers. This policy is doing far more damage to this community than scammers ever could. And for what? Just to make the scammer change his username and try again.
The current trust system will reduce the number of people who will carelessly send money to scammers. The default trust system makes it so newer users (and users who have little/no trading experience) to get somewhat of an idea as to how safe it is to trade with someone. Any potential trade with extreme caution tag would hopefully cause a newer user to do additional research prior to trading with someone and hopefully finding a trusted escrow provider who can provide some additional level of protection for both parties. This is especially true with newer users who receive negative trust as their reputation is worth nothing and can easily create a new account without such tag.

As I mentioned before it is always appropriate to ask the "tough" questions to someone trying to do business. If they are honest they should have no problem either answering such questions or being honest they either do not wish to answer or cannot answer such questions. If it is any of the later then they likely have something to hide and it is likely the fact that they are trying to in some way scam. Anyone operating legitimately has an incentive to answer the "tough" questions because doing so adds a layer of legitimacy to their business.

Playing wach-a-mole does stop the scammers because they either need to buy a new account (which takes money) or need to create a new account which comes with time intensive countermeasures against scamming and are largely ineffective for scamming. As I mentioned before decreasing the scam rate, even marginally will help the bitcoin economy and the chances of bitcoin's success.

As you become a more experienced trader you should rely less on the default trust network and rely on your own trust network. You should either update your trust list or remember in your head who is trustworthy and who is not. Once you are an experienced trader you should give out negative trust only when someone has either scammed or when they are attempting to scam, or appear to be likely to attempt to scam in the future. You should not give trust to anyone you have a personal disagreement with as anyone who trusts your opinion may not want to trade with such person in the future over something personal. I do use an alternate account to view someone's trust feedback from the point of view that someone sees it by "default" as well as looking at feedback from my own trust network. I will share my trust network, you (or anyone else) is free to create a similar trust network or to add myself to their trust list to stay up to date as to whose feedback I personally deem accurate
Code:
theymos
Gavin Andresen
gmaxwell
~TECSHARE
Vod
John (John K.)
Tomatocage
BadBear
Blazr
DannyHamilton
~jasonslow
escrow.ms
Stunna
DefaultTrust
hilariousandco
~redsn0w
OldScammerTag
Without some kind of "default" trust network then a newer trader is not going to have any way of knowing who they should trust and who they should not trust.

Any potential false accusation can be openly discussed here for anyone to see (as well as in the sales thread if an accusation is made via a posting instead of via trust). Any party potentially considering to trade with such person can take such discussion into consideration. Just because someone screams "scam" does not mean that something or someone is a scam, trust me I know from personal experience (I have had plenty of people be upset with me for various reasons that do not have to do with my potential to scam and have made false accusations against me, it did not negatively affect my ability to trade and if anything it highlighted my previous success).

This is horse shit. I have very little in positive, so because of this dip shit

Trust: -2: -1 / +1(1)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!
When using the above trust network I see you as:
Code:
3: -1 / +3(3)
I do see you as you describe above when only using the default trust network. I find my trust network more accurate.

From the looks of it you do not trade very much so I would find it somewhat unlikely that you would be affected in ways other then ego (not that I am defending this apparent trust rating that is probably not warranted).

I think it would be very appropriate for Vod to chime in to give some kind of explanation regarding his trust report to the OP

Well,
I just lost out on a $1500 deal because of my rating. Shady yes, I tried to explain it away, but nope
I've done deals with people who havn't left feedback, as I've left more than I've gotten.

I'm not some random. I run an ATM in a major Canadian City.

Look here's me on the far right :O

Had VOD asked for an explanation. Details or even commented to question before slandering me without reason. It could of been an easy fix.

Edit:
I know, I'm a sexy bitch... But he's been online in the last 12 hours since this went down.
And sorry but minuts = days on the internet, one deal dead over this. and I frankly can't move on with anything else until it's fixed, as most people with a normal trust system see me as a big red flagged scammer.
This never should of happened in the first place, and frankly the system needs to be fixed
Some sort of thread, admin or mod needs to be put in place to be able to at LEAST counter claims like this.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:11:51 AM

Well,
I just lost out on a $1500 deal because of my rating. Shady yes, I tried to explain it away, but nope
I've done deals with people who havn't left feedback, as I've left more than I've gotten.

I'm not some random. I run an ATM in a major Canadian City.

Look here's me on the far right :O

Had VOD asked for an explanation. Details or even commented to question before slandering me without reason. It could of been an easy fix.
Is that Vod on the left?

I would personally find it somewhat disconcerting if/when a potential employer/contractor makes a hiring decision based on a rating on a forum. That is generally not something that I would think would be a valid reason to make a decision to or to not do business with someone at that large of a scale.

I know that Vod is based in Canada (I think somewhere in western Canada, but am not 100% on this) so he may have been asked about you and this could have explained the reason why he gave you a negative the same day they made a decision not to hire you/deal with you). If this was the case the fact that he gave a negative trust rating on here would probably not have affected your chances of getting that deal.

If that is not the case then I would find it very strange that Vod happened to give you a negative rating the exact day that you lost a deal........
takagari (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:15:59 AM

Lol thanks but VOD didn't lose me a job..
I'm an owner of the atm already,
no that's not him.

If you read the thread, and my rating
he found a march posting of me wanting a USD credit card to get a hulu account with (or hulu account)
where I stated the fake Postal code trick did not work for me
Than stated I used a fake postal code (beware)
and left negative.

He had nothing to do with the $1500 deal (only hundred... not a job..)
it was something I discussed this afternoon and my current trader rating hurt me.

He lives in norther Alberta. I'm in Manitoba. Likely 1100 miles apart or so.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:23:39 AM

no that's not him.

he found a march posting of me wanting a USD credit card to get a hulu account with (or hulu account)
and left negative.

it was something I discussed this afternoon and my current trader rating hurt me.

No I understand what he said on his trust rating, however the fact that he was asked about you could have been the reason why he looked into a thread that was so old.

Without knowing the details of the deal/job I really can't say what an appropriate solution would be for you. My first instinct would be to suggest some kind of on forum escrow service however this may or may not be applicable to your specific situation.

If you are 1,100 miles away from each other then I would somewhat doubt that your trader knows him personally, however we do live in a global economy so who knows.

My experience with Vod is that he is generally a reasonable person, so I would think he will eventually see this thread and either give some kind of more detailed explanation or remove the rating.
takagari (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:27:00 AM

no that's not him.

and left negative.

No I understand what he said on his trust rating, however the fact that he was asked about you could have been the reason why he looked into a thread that was so old.

Without knowing the details of the deal/job I really can't say what an appropriate solution would be for you. My first instinct would be to suggest some kind of on forum escrow service however this may or may not be applicable to your specific situation.

If you are 1,100 miles away from each other then I would somewhat doubt that your trader knows him personally, however we do live in a global economy so who knows.

My experience with Vod is that he is generally a reasonable person, so I would think he will eventually see this thread and either give some kind of more detailed explanation or remove the rating.

Sorry for confusion.
The lost deal was started and ended AFTER the feedback.
I had no pending job's, deals or requests that would have warranted anyone to contact Sir VOD for anything.
His negative feedback came completely out of nowhere. I can see zero reason someone would contact him.

It would seem he simply got to page 80 of the forum and hit on my thread, decided to slander me and moved on to page 81.
takagari (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:42:17 AM

Once Again

VOD the hero
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=913371

Someone please knock this guy off his Godly thrown.

Read over the guys posts please

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=30747;sa=showPosts

He act's like an admin. he runs the forum, his rule is law. etc.
ecause you were tagged trying to be a "fucking" scammer on one of your first chance posts.  You were given a second chance over a 30 day period and you failed that too.

Clearly you want to run things your own way.   Good for you - just don't look to me for a third chance.

Regardless if the people are scammers.
He speaks as if his is God, his word is the law. and "F*ck you, I am VOD!"

Tried, and failed.

No loan for you.  In fact, if anyone was stupid enough to loan you given your trust, that person should probably get negative trust for being an idiot.   Undecided
takagari (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:59:12 AM

He is alive,
As replied
and doesn't care

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=913321.new#new

I even offered to send him a copy of my ID showing I'm canadian and my postal code.

A dipshit, is a dipshit, is a dipshit.

Still doesn't explain WHY suddenly he felt a need to leave feed back on a thread from MARCH?
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:15:19 AM

It's none of my business but do you really need half a dozen vod hate threads? Its obsessive. Relax bud.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obsessive

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
takagari (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:21:49 AM

It's none of my business but do you really need half a dozen vod hate threads? Its obsessive. Relax bud.

Two, isn't quite half a dozen.
But. If your math skills are that poor. I'd hope you find help.
They arnt so much hate threads, as "stop screwing people on the trader ratings" threads.
I could honestly care less about vod
the trader system does Need some sort of support.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 07:24:52 AM

It does, takes time though. We like to see people resolve this stuff themselves, and more often than not they do.  

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 07:34:55 AM

Two, isn't quite half a dozen.
But. If your math skills are that poor. I'd hope you find help.
They arnt so much hate threads, as "stop screwing people on the trader ratings" threads.
I could honestly care less about vod

Dude, based on your comments here and to me in PM (don't care about me, my ass!), don't ever get a job in customer service.  You don't have the skill set.

I've been dealing with family all day and have not been online.  You're a dipshit.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:43:17 AM

i think it is better if both of you try to cool down a bit.

i dont think whatever happened there was out of bad will and both of you just overreacted by alot.

dont start the year with such nonsense  Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
takagari (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:08:16 PM

I think he needs to remove the damn comment.
Instead he still calls me a liar and doesn't care about the facts.

How does an idiot like this, get in the default list??
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:15:56 PM

Somewhat off topic but why did TF leave you negative feedback calling you a scammer? It was left when his opinion was valued by most of the community.
takagari (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:19:09 PM

Somewhat off topic but why did TF leave you negative feedback calling you a scammer? It was left when his opinion was valued by most of the community.

I wouldnt say trusted.
But I deployed when I had a loan out to him. had sent messages before leaving to clean it up and he was AFK (very short notice) than I was gone for a week. He left a scammer tag, so I left negative on him and even once settled, he wouldn't remove it.
But the guy showed his true color's in the long run.
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:24:33 PM

I'm afraid you're the one who comes off looking like an idiot here.
Work with Vod to resolve this or STFU.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
takagari (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:28:10 PM

I'm afraid you're the one who comes off looking like an idiot here.
Work with Vod to resolve this or STFU.

If your not reading what I write, clearly I'm the idiot.
VOD yelled at me over PM and call med names than blocked me.

Please explain HOW do I work with him?

I have his real name and location, maybe I should look him up and give the guy a phone call?
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:55:11 PM

Please explain HOW do I work with him?

That, you need to figure out.  You f****d it up, you un f**k it.
Consider it an intelligence test.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:43:09 PM

BadBear, why did you add takagari to your trust list?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: