Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:46:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin is dropping and why you should be buying.  (Read 11170 times)
RomertL

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:21:15 AM

The dollar can't die quickly in the classic sense because the dollar isn't just a bunch of paper that people agree has value. It's an enormously complex system of domestic and international trade that would require a century to unravel. Maybe in a century there will be a competing currency to fill the vacuum left after its demise. If that's Bitcoin, great. Of course, it won't matter to me because I'll be dead.
You are most likely correct, however it is possible for the dollar to fail/collapse in your/our lifetimes.

Your analogy is assuming that the US empire will fall the same way the British empire fell, very slowly over a period of 100+ years. It is possible that the US empire would fall the same way the greek empire fell, (or the german empire of WW2) - very quickly and having a cascading effect

I hope so. I'd kind of like to see it.

I hope this does not happen !!

Don't mind me. I've kind of always wanted to see how the world would handle a pandemic too. Although when it's happening I'm sure I would want it to stop.

I hope it will happen. Sure, people will suffer, but ask yourself, are they not already? The worlds financial system revolving around FED is deeply immoral, based on theft, counterfeiting and corruption and is directly or indirectly responsible for almost all major military and political conflicts as well as most if not all economical crises. Yea, people benefitting on the old system will take a hit, deal with it

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:05:42 PM

The dollar can't die quickly in the classic sense because the dollar isn't just a bunch of paper that people agree has value. It's an enormously complex system of domestic and international trade that would require a century to unravel. Maybe in a century there will be a competing currency to fill the vacuum left after its demise. If that's Bitcoin, great. Of course, it won't matter to me because I'll be dead.
You are most likely correct, however it is possible for the dollar to fail/collapse in your/our lifetimes.

Your analogy is assuming that the US empire will fall the same way the British empire fell, very slowly over a period of 100+ years. It is possible that the US empire would fall the same way the greek empire fell, (or the german empire of WW2) - very quickly and having a cascading effect

Don't mind me. I've kind of always wanted to see how the world would handle a pandemic too. Although when it's happening I'm sure I would want it to stop.

I hope it will happen. Sure, people will suffer, but ask yourself, are they not already? The worlds financial system revolving around FED is deeply immoral, based on theft, counterfeiting and corruption and is directly or indirectly responsible for almost all major military and political conflicts as well as most if not all economical crises. Yea, people benefitting on the old system will take a hit, deal with it

What you're talking about is a people thing not a money thing. There are only two kinds of people in the world, conmen and their prey. Immorality, theft, ponzi's and corruption have happened in Bitcoinland too. It doesn't matter if the FED falls because a new group of manipulators would rise up and take over the next system. It would happen even if that system is based on a cryptocurrency. Pirate easily figured out how to run a ponzi denominated in crypto. The only thing that would come out of it is a bunch of innocent people would suffer along with a handful of greedy assholes.

RomertL

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:20:43 PM

What you're talking about is a people thing not a money thing. There are only two kinds of people in the world, conmen and their prey. Immorality, theft, ponzi's and corruption have happened in Bitcoinland too. It doesn't matter if the FED falls because a new group of manipulators would rise up and take over the next system. It would happen even if that system is based on a cryptocurrency. Pirate easily figured out how to run a ponzi denominated in crypto. The only thing that would come out of it is a bunch of innocent people would suffer along with a handful of greedy assholes.

Can you really not see how much harder it would be to manipulate a bitcoin economy?  There's no QE or printing press, they can't create money/steal value by typing on a computer. And should the people choose to have any kind of government, which I strongly oppose, but even if they would, they would still have a much harder time being corrupt since all the government spendings would be publically available in the Blockchain.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:55:10 PM

I just have faith in the natural human ability to fuck things up, even Bitcoin.

Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:57:07 PM

Blood in streets right?

Of course, sheeple.

Except Rockfeller was not buying magic internet beans.
twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:00:07 PM

Can you really not see how much harder it would be to manipulate a bitcoin economy?  There's no QE or printing press, they can't create money/steal value by typing on a computer. And should the people choose to have any kind of government, which I strongly oppose, but even if they would, they would still have a much harder time being corrupt since all the government spendings would be publically available in the Blockchain.

You don't need QE to mess w Bitcoin.  You can probably crash the market w a million dollars
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:07:56 PM

Fools keep reciting their mantras. Numbers don't lie.

You had your chance. Was too stupid to buy at $1 and sell at $500?

Your problem.

Now everyone has heard about Bitcoin.

And everyone has decided it's shit.

It's not "innovation" anymore.

You are too late.

You missed your chance.
RomertL

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 05:04:55 AM

You don't need QE to mess w Bitcoin.  You can probably crash the market w a million dollars

I don't know, I guess you could use it to slowly buy btc and then sell all at the same time while spreading as much FUD as possible on a low-volume trading day. Maybe instigating a panic sell plus get some stop-losses activated... But it doesn't change anything fundamental, and rate will probably return after a while. Many people say the  rate is manipulated, but how would they do that? Is there more efficient way than what I described? Because if that is the best way I'm not that worried.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 05:45:18 AM

Wish I had a bit more fiat to buy with, but alas, not in my current situation.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:56:51 PM

Wish I had a bit more fiat to buy with, but alas, not in my current situation.

We need a booming bitcoin derivative market, where we can take punts with margin money.  Grin

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:37:36 PM

We need a booming bitcoin derivative market, where we can take punts with margin money. 
A derivatives market requires reliable counter-parties. Bitcoin doesn't have that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: