Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:59:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: More Bitcoin adoption = lower Bitcoin/Usd rate!  (Read 4533 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 08:22:04 PM

Greater demand?? so why aren't we at $1000 per coin? Or even $10,000 if there is such great demand? All the major retailers are converting their bitcoin to usd immediately through BitPay and the likes. Even governments are considering only accepting Bitcoin through third party payment processors.

I don't know how you can arrive at this conclusion? It flies in the face of basic math and the history anyone can see. I began using bitcoin when they were $0.70 or so. Since then they have gone up thousands and thousands of % points and have been adopted by millions. Clearly and mathematically provably..., greater demand leads to higher prices.  
Why are we at $250.00?
Because that is about the logical price based on adoption. The $1000 bitcoin was based on speculators guess about future prices. It is quite normal for speculation to shoot the price up to silly heights then fall back to reality. So the reason why it's not higher is because that higher price is not justified. $250 is what the market says is the right balance between supply and demand. It's not an opinion, the market is the result of actual action.

As far as retailers not holding their coins. Well, that would be irresponsible, stupid, and possibly illegal for some publicly traded businesses. They have a fiduciary responsibility to not act foolishly with investor money. The way to mitigate this is by using a payment processor. It may keep the price suppressed a bit, but they are not interested in our ideas about price.
I have owned several companies and the best advice I ever received is that, no matter what your business is your job is to make money. Everything else is noise. If your main focus is something other than making money you will not be in business long.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 01:53:57 AM

I don't know, I just thought we should be more positive trying to look at things. If we decided to bar and prevent everybody from using bitcoin and tell retailers, merchants or whoever that is going to use bitcoin to stop accepting it, I don't think that wouldn't help as well. For it to grow as a currency, we will need transactions to be constantly moving. that would be much better rather than just having it as an investment tool

Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:57:59 AM

@OP, your comments are extremely result oriented. Just because the result is as predicted, doesn#t make the assumption right.

correlation=/= causation.

As RodeoX said, MTgox and other factors led to a price that was substantially inflated, we now saw the retraction to the price that was more inline with the supply/demand.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:27:06 AM

I think if there are more demand than supply, bitcoin price should went up quickly Roll Eyes
But, the reality some people sold their bitcoin after got profit Sad

That's why bitcoin price keep decreasing Sad
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:59:25 AM

Merchant acceptance is the first step, it paves the way so that bitcoin users can convert all their fiat money spending into bitcoin spending, that will generate huge demand on market and raise bitcoin's value.

People have not really understand the real potential behind merchant adoption

An easy way to make bitcoin worth millions of dollars

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:24:15 AM

I wrote this article when the exchange rate was @ 800, look where we are today. Those large retailers are not holding their BTC. They are dumping it on the market!

I wrote this early 2014 and I think it is still relevant. The more adoption we see the lower Bitcoin/Usd will go!

http://razorsforex.blogspot.com/2014/02/bitcoin-adoption-bitcoin-price-stability.html

I think that the more Bitcoin will be adopted, the bigger the price should be because Demand will increase.

That's not adoption.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 09:12:27 AM

It needs to be easier for people to make decent part-time income from BTC, since full-time money would (probably/mostly) get converted to fiat. If "millions" of people can make ~10% to 25% of their income from BTC, then they would be likely to save it or spend, and not convert to paper cash.

which would make lives of millions much easier
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: