Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:00:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted posts in the Hardware BFL Thread, Double Standards, and Hypocrisy  (Read 8314 times)
Leeroy Jenkins

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Mmmh mhmhh mmmm.

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 02:55:30 PM

Modz = Godz, and they love BFL so much, we won't get an explanation for this excessive turn of events. Roll Eyes

Federal Trade Commission vs Butterfly Labs

Made ya look. ; )

brush242 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=199652 ) aka TheBitcoinimist aka Rush Reid aka Ken Hunlenton aka Steve Reid aka perfectlycromulentword aka Stephen Mark Reid says: "BFL is fucked" READ THE EARTH-SHATTERING COMMENTARY AT >>>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg9614841#msg9614841 <<<<
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 03:00:39 PM

Modz = Godz, and they love BFL so much, we won't get an explanation for this excessive turn of events. Roll Eyes

Sure you will.

What a crock of shit!!! Gleb does what Bruno does,you mods know how he is....& you mods ban him for 5 days...no warning,just an outright ban & lock the thread  Roll Eyes

You mean like this?

Just wanted to let you guys know that a mod was kind enough to let me know that I was in trollin' territory and that I should chill, in which I thanked him for givin' me the heads up.

And mods don't ban, admins do, all we need to do is point admins at behaviour and let them decide. Please don't insinuate I'm trying to protect bfl in any fucking way. I left the thread in hardware for much longer than it deserved to be there because it had started before I became a mod and people were looking for that thread there even though it didn't belong, in the hope it was somehow useful. A few times I posted on that thread to try and get people back onto meaningful discourse but it kept getting derailed. I didn't delete any of the last few posts as it was an unsalvageable mess. Take a look at it for yourself and try and convince yourself it was in any way a mining hardware thread.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 08:42:32 PM

[...] Sure [...]

Well, you could at least put up a link in the thread you locked pointing people towards the new thread in the service discussion topic...

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 10:15:19 PM

[...] Sure [...]

Well, you could at least put up a link in the thread you locked pointing people towards the new thread in the service discussion topic...
Aye, good call. Done.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:21:10 PM

[...] Sure [...]

Aye, good call. Done.

Thanks!

sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 08:06:07 AM

Still a pity when you see that the original thread was still visited a couple of hundred times in the past 24 hours alone...  Undecided

So yes, it can be argued that BFL is "protected" by the locking of that thread... Unfortunately...  Lips sealed

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 09:07:06 AM

Still a pity when you see that the original thread was still visited a couple of hundred times in the past 24 hours alone...  Undecided

So yes, it can be argued that BFL is "protected" by the locking of that thread... Unfortunately...  Lips sealed

But what exactly were those people getting out of those 200 views? NSFW random images, unrelated memes and copy pasta. If the BFL thread was useful to them, it would have stayed.

sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 09:17:56 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 02:17:51 PM by sbogovac

Still a pity when you see that the original thread was still visited a couple of hundred times in the past 24 hours alone...  Undecided

So yes, it can be argued that BFL is "protected" by the locking of that thread... Unfortunately...  Lips sealed

But what exactly were those people getting out of those 200 views? NSFW random images, unrelated memes and copy pasta. If the BFL thread was useful to them, it would have stayed.

Sorry Dogie, but I see it the other way around. I don't believe the almost 800.000 (sic!) page views were a majority of "first-timers". Au contraire; I would argue the majority are "repeat visitors" so they "the customers" (of the thread...) found it obviously useful. IMHO the thread was therefore locked without good cause, even counterproductive ("protecting" BFL if you wish)...

PS. it was almost 400 views in 24h BTW...
EDIT: ah, got to over 400 by now...
EDIT2: and almost 600 in less than 36 hours.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 01:10:20 PM

It could just as easily be argued that filling the thread with so much unrelated garbage was protecting BFL, by hiding any real relevant information.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:50:54 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 02:10:49 PM by sbogovac

It could just as easily be argued that filling the thread with so much unrelated garbage was protecting BFL, by hiding any real relevant information.

"Anyone not willing to sift through the 'unrelated garbage' is not worth the information" is also a way to look at it.

I know most mods/admins (you're the third, and counting, in this topic alone) have difficulty looking past their binary true/false logic and even more difficulty grasping human/social interactions... But sorry, "we normal" (<- big wink) people like "our small-talk" (something Bruno obviously understood better, together with the notion of "entertaining an audience").

EDIT: and how is publicly discussing BFL senior staff (mis-)using the legal (and tax) system by issuing bogus TRO's (and false IRS 1099-MISC forms) to people intimidating them away from exposing their practices considered "unrelated garbage"... Huh

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 02:40:08 PM

"Anyone not willing to sift through the 'unrelated garbage' is not worth the information" is also a way to look at it.

I know most mods/admins (you're the third, and counting, in this topic alone) have difficulty looking past their binary true/false logic and even more difficulty grasping human/social interactions... But sorry, "we normal" (<- big wink) people like "our small-talk" (something Bruno obviously understood better, together with the notion of "entertaining an audience").

Neither viewpoint is entirely correct, the best position is somewhere in between.

EDIT: and how is publicly discussing BFL senior staff (mis-)using the legal (and tax) system by issuing bogus TRO's (and false IRS 1099-MISC forms) to people intimidating them away from exposing their practices considered "unrelated garbage"... Huh

If you seriously think that's the kind of posts anyone is referring to, then there isn't much point in having this conversation, you've made up your mind already.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 02:45:59 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 03:06:31 PM by sbogovac

Neither viewpoint is entirely correct, the best position is somewhere in between.

Agreed. So you also agree that a lock is way too excessive?

If you seriously think that's the kind of posts anyone is referring to, then there isn't much point in having this conversation, you've made up your mind already.

See point above... And still no need for a 5 day ban...

All in all still seems to me BCT did BFL a huge favour by locking the original thread and banning their "biggest opponent"...  Embarrassed

EDIT: especially considering the timing; where BFL is scrambling for sales by renewed aggressive marketing at this very moment...

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:39:50 PM

Agreed. So you also agree that a lock is way too excessive?

See point above... And still no need for a 5 day ban...

All in all still seems to me BCT did BFL a huge favour by locking the original thread and banning their "biggest opponent"...  Embarrassed

EDIT: especially considering the timing; where BFL is scrambling for sales by renewed aggressive marketing at this very moment...

If you look back at Bruno's ban history I've warned him every time a day or two before he got banned. I've tried to gently tell him he's over posting but he doesn't always get it. Sometimes he stops. He just gets on a roll and spams the crap out of a thread and can't seem to stop. He hasn't been permanently banned. He'll be back in a few days and if you really need to talk to him he always goes to Reddit and spams the shit out of a few threads there while he's waiting out his ban. Any other forum in the world would have permanently banned him two years ago.

That thread has been a complete mess of unadulterated useless garbage for more than 100 pages and it was in the wrong section. Cheech and Chong, chicken, goat and little girl anime images add useless noise that so completely cluttered that thread that it became a joke thread. If you want to have something available to read that shows the progress of the legal case then post a pure information thread that's moderated. That way if someone posts a picture of a giant rooster and starts posting about chicken choking or random strings of profanity aimed at Josh or Sonny it can be deleted in favor of court dockets. The regular posters in that thread made it a worthless joke.

sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:09:05 PM

<<<snip>>>>

And here's the next one who just "[has] difficulty looking past their binary true/false logic and even more difficulty grasping human/social interactions... But sorry, "we normal" (<- big wink) people like "our small-talk" (something Bruno obviously understood better, together with the notion of "entertaining an audience", though admittably "the best position is somewhere in between". Even the LEO's found the thread usefull (and BFL was so scared shitless they openly pressured Bruno by all means available), but I guess you know best...

Have fun with your "pure information thread"...

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:21:23 PM

Why is it that when a lawyer gets doxed and complains in a Butterfly Labs thread, all the offending posts identifying him are deleted, and bans are threatened, but when Butterfly Labs management doxes it's customers for complaining about their poor business practices, that information is allowed to stay up indefinitely.

When scammers are doxed, that information is allowed to stay.

Furthermore, try posting Theymos' dox and see what happens.

Why the hypocrisy and double standards ?

Either doxing everyone is OK, or doxing nobody is OK.

Where is the consistency ?

Fear and Hypocrisy.

No one wants to get sued I guess.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:30:35 PM

Why is it that when a lawyer gets doxed and complains in a Butterfly Labs thread, all the offending posts identifying him are deleted, and bans are threatened, but when Butterfly Labs management doxes it's customers for complaining about their poor business practices, that information is allowed to stay up indefinitely.

When scammers are doxed, that information is allowed to stay.

Furthermore, try posting Theymos' dox and see what happens.

Why the hypocrisy and double standards ?

Either doxing everyone is OK, or doxing nobody is OK.

Where is the consistency ?

Fear and Hypocrisy.

No one wants to get sued I guess.

*cough* speaking on something they know nothing about. Read Badbear's posts, they pretty much sum it up. If more spam is being added than good information, then the spam dilutes the thread making good information harder to find, making the thread less useful for its intended purpose. I dont know why anyone would think the staff here would protect BFL, I'd be willing to bet a few of them got scammed by BFL, and if they didn't, then they were heavily annoyed by the 2013/2014 BFL drama. I find it hard to believe that there would be any good will towards BFL. No Staff are afraid of BFL, and we aren't going to get sued by them. If Theymos recieved the DCMA notice, that probably would have been public knowledge. And thats if he decided not to fight it. Pretty much all of the Bitcoins that the forums are left holding after the new forum software is for emergency necessities. Legal fund falls into that description. I dont think anyone is getting bullied by whats remaining of BFL, and I'm pretty sure we have no reason to protect them. If thats the case maybe what was said in the first place is right? Nah keep making theories up, the first answer can never be the real one right?
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:45:22 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 05:58:40 PM by Bicknellski

I said the thread should have been locked and filed under trash what almost a year ago?

Surprised it lasted this long.

No great loss just rehash all the same stuff in the service thread or wherever you want.

Personally I would prefer to read about the LEGAL side of things that XIAN posts and people discuss the rest of the "drama" somewhere else as it is extraneous. There really should be a new SCAM thread started and repository of all the ins and outs of the legal side posted there at this point and it belongs in Scams really. It have to be self-moderated to cull all the shit out as the Mods don't need that hassle.

Gleb should start his own BFL style thread and people wanting to indulge in his explorations of everything BFL can go there.

At this point in time BFL is done like dinner so the noise to signal was not really helpful to anyone other than those who were getting the inside jokes about "chickens" and what not.

Meh.

BFL were shitheads. We all get that now.

Why were certain things deleted? FEAR makes perfect sense if someone threatened legal action. We would not be privy to that information if it were a PM to a moderator or such. Not really an issue seems like all the dox info is back up in this thread right?

There are battles with inconsistency in Moderation all over these forums. Suffice to say the Mods have room for improvement on many fronts. The BFL fucked us over thread devolved into a scam thread that is clear. Should have been removed. I think there as a fear as well of the REACTION if it were moved.

Again Meh... start a new thread. Enjoy the FTC demolish BFL and see a few of these morons get jail time. Here is hoping the ratbastard who threatened / libeled me and doxxed XIAN gets time.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
VenusFlyTrap

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Are you OCD?

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:02:13 PM

I said the thread should have been locked and filed under trash what almost a year ago?

No great loss just rehash all the same stuff in the service thread or wherever you want.

Personally I would prefer to read about the LEGAL side of things that XIAN posts and people discuss the rest of the "drama" is extraneous at this point and it belongs in Scams really. It have to be self-moderated to cull all the shit out.

Gleb should start his own BFL style thread and people wanting to indulge in his explorations of everything BFL can go there.

At this point in time BFL is done like dinner so the noise to signal was not really helpful to anyone other than those who were getting the inside jokes about "chickens" and what not.

Meh.

Why were certain things deleted? FEAR makes sense.

Well I agree with you Bick in some things. Gleb's contribution to this case is crucial and tremendous and that thread was pretty informative and humor kept us going. I ask you to join us and contribute as you have done in the past. You have had a very bad experience with BFL. I personally think that you should write to the judge of what Josh has done to your family. You would only be telling the truth.

WARNING! SLok is a known user of SilkRoad and SilkRoad 2.0 who used to moderate BFL's forums. Can't get your refund? Email FTC attorney Helen Wong at: hwong [at] ftc.gov Follow the FTC vs. BF Labs court docs: http://tinyurl.com/ftcvsbfl
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:14:30 PM

There was infinitely tooooooooo much crap he posted to make it useful to most people.

He needs an editor.

Even when he had good information it was often too much, poorly annotated and hard to follow for the average person and that was the point of the thread I thought to WARN people off BFL. Job done it worked fairly well but as BFL stopped making units and were no longer a player in the real marketplace the thread was properly characterized by CK as nearly worthless to most people and it was in the wrong section for over 2 years as it morphed into a scam thread as I said before.

I am trying to gather some of the posts I made in the past to organize that into something that the judge might want to read. What Josh attempted was plain amateur threat hour and when I met him in person about a year ago in HK he seemed to forget those threats so much so he didn't bother repeating them to my face. I wonder why? I know why he is a COWARD.

Anyhow the beat goes on there is still the FTC case and certainly there will be more real hard news to come out of all this and that is really what I would like to have as a thread. Something where you can follow along as these rat bastards get thrown jail. They deserve no quarter and none shall be given by the government I hope. Those consumers burned by BFL need a nice repository here to follow the story something that is self-moderated to keep out the chaff.

Personally I would prefer to read about the LEGAL side of things that XIAN posts and people discuss the rest of the "drama" is extraneous at this point and it belongs in Scams really. It have to be self-moderated to cull all the shit out.

Meh.

Why were certain things deleted? FEAR makes sense.

Well I agree with you Bick in some things. Gleb's contribution to this case is crucial and tremendous and that thread was pretty informative and humor kept us going. I ask you to join us and contribute as you have done in the past. You have had a very bad experience with BFL. I personally think that you should write to the judge of what Josh has done to your family. You would only be telling the truth.

sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:53:48 AM

There was infinitely tooooooooo much crap he posted to make it useful to most people me.[...]

FTFY

Speak for yourself. Over a thousand page views just in the last couple of days - since locking - disagree with your version...  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: