Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:05:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VOD should be removed from default trust for systematic abuse of his position  (Read 55202 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:52:19 AM

Why is this thread still alive? If there were clear examples of trust abuse he would be removed from his position.
Actually he's pretty much on a thin line on DT 2, apparently HostFat disagrees with the ratings he gives out. But well, he's doing a good job
Vod is doing anything but a good job. I would not suggest trying to emulate someone like Vod, nor looking up to someone like him. If you want a roll model to look up to as a scam buster I would suggest Tomatocage.  TC always tried to be fair in his ratings and would try to ensure that his ratings were always accurate, eg he would do his due diligence prior to leaving a negative rating, and would never rely on speculation. TC would also only give negative trust when there was clear evidence that there was a scam or a scam attempt, eg someone tried to steal money/property and/or attempted to steal money/property.

Vod on the other hand is almost never willing to discuss negative ratings he leaves, often resorting to blocking those who attempt to discuss (question) his negative ratings via PM. Instead of discussing negative ratings he leaves, he will troll those who disagree with him. Vod uses an ever expansive definition of a "scammer" to include people that have never come close to trying to steal money/property and those that disagree with him.

Anyone that is in my trust network who has Vod on their trust list will pretty much automatically get excluded from my trust list and I would suggest that others do the same (I am actually considering to message those that have people on their trust list that have Vod in their trust list to exclude such people people). The same goes from cryptodevil who acts much worse then Vod.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justbtcme

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:33:17 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2016, 08:52:51 AM by justbtcme

Why is this thread still alive? If there were clear examples of trust abuse he would be removed from his position.

You mean like Techshare was?

~BCX~

Clearly.

You have two options.

1. Remove your negative rating for me.

2. I go around warning everyone who has ever traded with you about your behavior until you have no positive ratings left and a wall of red. The only difference between your messages and mine is I am not full of shit so people listen when I message them.

Your call.

Also, tomatocage was caught doing his own escrow with his alt, isn't that what you did QuickSeller.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1171059.msg12358580#msg12358580
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=938340.msg10358524#msg10358524

Leaving a false positive (trust farming?) is just as bad as a false negative.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 08:59:44 AM

Actually he's pretty much on a thin line on DT 2, apparently HostFat disagrees with the ratings he gives out. But well, he's doing a good job
So what if he disagrees with those?

I know no one gives a fuck about harassment on this forum, so please refrain from the no one gives a fuck comments, trust me I am well aware this forum is a shithole with no one willing to stand for anything unless it serves them personally.
See, this is completely wrong. I definitely did not post because a "I don't give a fuck" attitude. Trust is not moderated and there's only so much that can be done. However, I usually don't post in conflicts and just watch them from a distance. If there were clear examples of trust abuse, I'd like to see them.

P.S. Are you sure you don't want to post a xkcd comic for the thousandth time about this before you go?
Unfortunately, it doesn't fit.

You mean like Techshare was?
Maybe.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 09:04:41 AM

If you want a roll model to look up to as a scam buster I would suggest Tomatocage.  TC always tried to be fair in his ratings and would try to ensure that his ratings were always accurate, eg he would do his due diligence prior to leaving a negative rating, and would never rely on speculation. TC would also only give negative trust when there was clear evidence that there was a scam or a scam attempt, eg someone tried to steal money/property and/or attempted to steal money/property.

After finding clear evidence of scamming, Tomatocage removed Quickscammer from his trust list, dropping him from DT.

So I agree - Tomatocage is an excellent roll model.   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 09:51:24 AM

So what if he disagrees with those?
Means Vod has a "rating" of 0 in DT 2, or that anyone who has HostFat directly in their trust list(and not Vod) will have Vod excluded from their trust list.

In simple words he needs only another exclusion from a DT 1 member to be excluded from DT network(2 and below) as a whole.

If you want a roll model to look up to as a scam buster I would suggest Tomatocage.  TC always tried to be fair in his ratings and would try to ensure that his ratings were always accurate, eg he would do his due diligence prior to leaving a negative rating, and would never rely on speculation.
True, true. But he did give some negs based on speculation(PP deals) and half his ratings don't include a ref. link(and yup I just went through his trust page to come up with this  Undecided)

Vod is doing anything but a good job. I would not suggest trying to emulate someone like Vod, nor looking up to someone like him. If you want a roll model to look up to as a scam buster I would suggest Tomatocage.
Also, last I remember Vod is the one of the few who has gotten a pos rating from TC for being a good "scam buster".

Also come on man. I did say
@Tecshare or anyone who disagrees with me. I'd prefer if you do not reply to this post, I'm don't even give a damn about the drama threads about myself these days.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 09:56:49 AM

I know no one gives a fuck about harassment on this forum, so please refrain from the no one gives a fuck comments, trust me I am well aware this forum is a shithole with no one willing to stand for anything unless it serves them personally.
See, this is completely wrong. I definitely did not post because a "I don't give a fuck" attitude. Trust is not moderated and there's only so much that can be done. However, I usually don't post in conflicts and just watch them from a distance. If there were clear examples of trust abuse, I'd like to see them.

Now I know for a fact you aren't even reading anything here before posting, just coming here to go "bla bla bla drama". Just because the OP title was regarding Vods original abusive rating that he was forced to remove by Badbear (see the PM from Badbear I quoted), does not automatically mean any post forever after is about that. I didn't want to start a new thread, and this one already has a complete record of his abusive behavior towards me. My latest post in this thread was just to have a public record that as a result of being forced to stand down by BadBear, he has a grudge and is now stalking me by following me to my other threads, posting off topic, and just plain making shit up about me.

He feels he has a right to do this because I DARED mention his name in a topic with his name in the subject line. Considering that his negative rating for me originally was an attempt to silence and punish me for openly discussing his abusive behavior, I am not about to let his harassment silence me on this matter, because that was his goal all along. The ONLY reason I posted it here was so others could have a record of his obsessive behavior. I don't expect you or anyone else will do a damned thing about it, but hopefully it can help some other poor schmoe who does not have any reputation to stand on which he can easily just marginalize as being a scammer. He failed to do that to me, so now he is on a mission to harass and slander me otherwise for not bowing to his insane dictates and abuse.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 10:01:09 AM

so now he is on a mission to harass and slander me otherwise for not bowing to his insane dictates and abuse.

Libel, not slander.   Wink

No mission - I'm simply stepping back while blocking your attacks - waiting for you to tire yourself out.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 10:02:02 AM

Now I know for a fact you aren't even reading anything here before posting, just coming here to go "bla bla bla drama".
1) You can't possibly know this 'as a fact'.
2) This is not the case. This thread has been on my watch list for a long time now, however you can't expect me to remember 28 pages of nonsense either.
3) I asked for concrete examples because of number 2.

My latest post in this thread was just to have a public record that as a result of being forced to stand down by BadBear, he has a grudge and is now stalking me by following me to my other threads, posting off topic, and just plain making shit up about me.
Do you know the meaning of the words "trust abuse"? Following you around the forum and posting in the same threads is "trust abuse" in your world?  Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 10:36:11 AM

Now I know for a fact you aren't even reading anything here before posting, just coming here to go "bla bla bla drama".
2) This is not the case. This thread has been on my watch list for a long time now, however you can't expect me to remember 28 pages of nonsense either.

My latest post in this thread was just to have a public record that as a result of being forced to stand down by BadBear, he has a grudge and is now stalking me by following me to my other threads, posting off topic, and just plain making shit up about me.
Do you know the meaning of the words "trust abuse"? Following you around the forum and posting in the same threads is "trust abuse" in your world?  Roll Eyes

Either you didn't read my latest post or you have a serious reading comprehension problem, as exhibited by your reply. I am not currently accusing Vod of trust abuse (against me personally anyway), understand? He IN THE PAST had abused the trust system against me and was forced by BadBear to remove his negative rating or be excluded by him. You don't have to read 28 pages, just one post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=915823.msg14231598#msg14231598

There you will find your concrete example of trust abuse because BadBear agreed enough to threaten Vod with exclusion, but again that is not the point of my recent post, only to document his harassment as a result of being forced to remove his abusive rating.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 01:16:32 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2016, 01:46:48 PM by Lauda

I am not currently accusing Vod of trust abuse (against me personally anyway), understand? He IN THE PAST had abused the trust system against me and was forced by BadBear to remove his negative rating or be excluded by him
Okay, so he may or may have not abused trust in some point of time. Why are you rambling on about his posting behavior (current) then? I don't see this as an abuse of anything. You are allowed to post pretty much anything as long as it doesn't break the rules. Anyone could follow you around and try to insult you/troll you or whatever. Additionally, if he really did abuse his position I think he would have been removed by now. He might overreact sometimes, but you're all humans.  

Update: Your posts are redundantly long and thus points can be missed easily. So I was right, mentioning his posting habits has no relevance.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 01:19:29 PM

The trust list needs to go. To easy to scam using it.
Is there any plans to disable the faulty trust system?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 01:25:27 PM

The trust list needs to go. To easy to scam using it.
It isn't. It has been working quite decently. If you get scammed it is usually the users fault (not always obviously).

Is there any plans to disable the faulty trust system?
Unless somebody presents a better system than what we have today, no.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 01:40:44 PM

I keep answering you and clearly you aren't reading what I am posting so I will just start quoting myself and hope you actually read it this time instead of just jumping to reply.

I am not currently accusing Vod of trust abuse (against me personally anyway), understand? He IN THE PAST had abused the trust system against me and was forced by BadBear to remove his negative rating or be excluded by him
Okay, so he may or may have not abused trust in some point of time. Why are you rambling on about his posting behavior (current) then? I don't see this as an abuse of anything. You are allowed to post pretty much anything as long as it doesn't break the rules. Anyone could follow you around and try to insult you/troll you or whatever. Additionally, if he really did abuse his position I think he would have been removed by now. He might overreact sometimes, but you're all humans.  

I didn't want to start a new thread, and this one already has a complete record of his abusive behavior towards me. My latest post in this thread was just to have a public record that as a result of being forced to stand down by BadBear, he has a grudge and is now stalking me by following me to my other threads, posting off topic, and just plain making shit up about me.

He feels he has a right to do this because I DARED mention his name in a topic with his name in the subject line. Considering that his negative rating for me originally was an attempt to silence and punish me for openly discussing his abusive behavior, I am not about to let his harassment silence me on this matter, because that was his goal all along. The ONLY reason I posted it here was so others could have a record of his obsessive behavior. I don't expect you or anyone else will do a damned thing about it, but hopefully it can help some other poor schmoe who does not have any reputation to stand on which he can easily just marginalize as being a scammer. He failed to do that to me, so now he is on a mission to harass and slander me otherwise for not bowing to his insane dictates and abuse.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 02:35:03 PM

Of course he does.

Techshare was removed from DT after numerous documentations of trust abuse.

This is just a lingering butt hurt thread from it.

~BCX~
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:04:48 PM

Unless somebody presents a better system than what we have today, no.

Actually, several improvements which would lead to a better system have been suggested and discussed.  At one point, even Theymos started a topic called "replacing default trust".  It might be time to revisit this.  Anyway, I'm just going to leave these links since I think they provide a bit more context to Lauda's answer of icecube's question:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=914641.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1031791.0

icecube42, best thing you can do for now is remove "Default Trust" from your trust list and build your own list, encourage others to do the same.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 02:49:45 AM

Yep that's exactly what I did.  I don't feel the need to add anyone to my trust list.  I don't really know anyone here so I don't trust anyone.

You don't need to trust me.  You just need to believe in me

I am your one true Vod.

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 04:47:34 AM

Techshare was removed from DT after ONE accusation of trust abuse.

Fixed that for you.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:35:15 AM

If you want a roll model to look up to as a scam buster I would suggest Tomatocage.  TC always tried to be fair in his ratings and would try to ensure that his ratings were always accurate, eg he would do his due diligence prior to leaving a negative rating, and would never rely on speculation.
True, true. But he did give some negs based on speculation(PP deals) and half his ratings don't include a ref. link(and yup I just went through his trust page to come up with this  Undecided)
His trust ratings are accurate and his ratings are not speculation. He would often spend the time to create an alt account to attempt to trade with a scammer to see if they are accepting escrow or to see what the scammer says when trying to trade with his alt accounts.

Vod is doing anything but a good job. I would not suggest trying to emulate someone like Vod, nor looking up to someone like him. If you want a roll model to look up to as a scam buster I would suggest Tomatocage.
Also, last I remember Vod is the one of the few who has gotten a pos rating from TC for being a good "scam buster".
That is true, Vod used to be very good at stopping newbie scammers in the lending section, however that has since changed. He has posted what he believed to be the dox of people in the past over personal issues on at least one occasion, and I believe that he has done this at least one other time as well.

Also come on man. I did say
@Tecshare or anyone who disagrees with me. I'd prefer if you do not reply to this post, I'm don't even give a damn about the drama threads about myself these days.

Yes. However you can't expect to post and then have no one comment on what you said.

Techshare was removed from DT after numerous documentations of trust abuse.
Techshare was removed from the DT network because he was abusing someone with a fake/invalid negative trust rating. However that does not mean that others have the right to leave fake/invalid trust ratings against him, nor does it mean that others have the right to harass/troll him.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 10:11:30 AM

Techshare was removed from the DT network because he was abusing someone with a fake/invalid negative trust rating. However that does not mean that others have the right to leave fake/invalid trust ratings against him, nor does it mean that others have the right to harass/troll him.

Get with it. Don't you know I don't have a right to have an opinion any more because Theymos decided he wanted to make an example out of me by having people remove me from their trust THEN creating exclusions just so he could get me off the trust list because he couldn't achieve this voluntarily? If you can't get something done by the rules, just make up new rules! That's the Theymos way. That is also why there are no official rules anywhere because he might have to follow them.

The only thing invalid about my rating was the Bitcoin value, which I removed, but that was not good enough, Theymos demanded full capitulation to his commands. When he didn't get it he created a whole new feature of the trust system just to make sure I was not on any level of the default trust. But "trust isn't moderated" they say! Not if Theymos wants to get involved, then it most certainly is.

Of course lets all forget the fact that the reason that user got that negative rating was for repeatedly harassing me via my sales threads, completely instigated by him, with me never even seeing him before that point. This was all because he didn't like the fact I was selling a gift card at face value. Additionally I would have been glad not to "abuse" the trust if there were posted rules on what trust abuse was defined as, but there aren't. All I had to go by was looking at the examples of people like Vod. And based on that example what I did was perfectly acceptable. Who knew there are one set of rules for me and one set of rules for him. I didn't, and that's why I was used as an example so they could cast blame aside while people like Vod ACTUALLY abuse the trust system repeatedly.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 03:28:54 PM

So if the situation is really as bad as you claim, why don't you leave? I mean, if one dislikes this forum I have no idea why they would force themself to stick around.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: