Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:20:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop saying the Bitstamp coins were dumped!! They are right $%&#ing here -- >  (Read 5519 times)
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 11:17:47 AM

Ok I was wrong that the price was caused by the hacked bitcoin getting dumped but have anybody seen the movement just about 10 minutes ago? It was all green and now going to red with small amounts being transferred out portion by portion.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:30:06 AM

The practical implications of this are that there are now 18,000+ BTC that the market has to absorb which could bring down price.

Nah, that's what makes me see the market as totally irrational, when they were at bitstamp, any or all of them could be sold at the drop of a hat, they might have been whale coins that were about to be dumped, we don't know, but here they are, out on the blockchain, nominally an hour away from being able to be traded again, and everyone is losing their minds that they are "available to dump". They were more freaking available to dump when they were where they were supposed to be.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:31:00 AM

they on the omve, only 4100 left - https://blockchain.info/address/1L2JsXHPMYuAa9ugvHGLwkdstCPUDemNCf
medialab101 (OP)

Activity: 583

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:48:35 AM

The practical implications of this are that there are now 18,000+ BTC that the market has to absorb which could bring down price.

Nah, that's what makes me see the market as totally irrational, when they were at bitstamp, any or all of them could be sold at the drop of a hat, they might have been whale coins that were about to be dumped, we don't know, but here they are, out on the blockchain, nominally an hour away from being able to be traded again, and everyone is losing their minds that they are "available to dump". They were more freaking available to dump when they were where they were supposed to be.

I tend to agree with your opinion.
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:48:52 AM

When have people ever listened to reason and logic in regards to Bitcoin?

*sigh* this is so true.
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:59:33 AM

150 coins left
Naruto.me

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:25:37 PM

I think the thief will try to cash out some of the coin (small proportion) through Alt-coin exchange
That's why he/she split the coin.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:36:40 PM

I think the thief will try to cash out some of the coin (small proportion) through Alt-coin exchange

would you not do the same? who will exchange 19K BTC at once? the hacker will sell parts.

what is somehow funny is that other exchanger will fulfill the transaction.

Stolen funds are processed without any question. This is money laundering which is possible through Bitcoin.

When a criminal activity(hacking in this case) generates substantial profits, the individual or group involved must find a way to control the funds without attracting attention to the underlying activity or the persons involved.

Criminals do this by disguising the sources, changing the form, or moving the funds to a place where they are less likely to attract attention.
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:38:25 PM

secondary address's are now being divided

https://blockchain.info/address/1Gdcsz1tGEzq64aeMPvgAsqftuAt3NyTyc
Naruto.me

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:39:59 PM

would you not do the same? who will exchange 19K BTC at once? the hacker will sell parts.

Stolen funds are processed without any question. This is money laundering which is possible through Bitcoin.

When a criminal activity(hacking in this case) generates substantial profits, the individual or group involved must find a way to control the funds without attracting attention to the underlying activity or the persons involved.

Criminals do this by disguising the sources, changing the form, or moving the funds to a place where they are less likely to attract attention.

I know it is possible , but some people still think they can trace that thief.
Naruto.me

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:43:11 PM

I think he will start form the smallest amount address 1EtH88P5feywPJE1nyrjggd41JeCuEeKNi

Cash out some of the coin
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:31:08 PM

The funny thing is that the hack happened during a dramatic price fall

The message given by exchange: If you dare to short the bitcoin massively, your coins will be hacked on exchange Grin

turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:42:32 PM

The funny thing is that the hack happened during a dramatic price fall

The message given by exchange: If you dare to short the bitcoin massively, your coins will be hacked on exchange Grin
And it actually worked. Price is going up since the hack. Wink

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:43:32 PM

They can to a point but I don't know why they would want to. They haven't been able to successfully do anything about a theft here by tracing coins except for the Ozcoin hack and MtCocks confiscation. Ozcoin was the only case where something was done right. You could argue that they shouldn't have done it. When MtGox confiscated stolen coins that's only because Gox was a bigger thief.

Can one of you geniuses tell me why this isn't effecting the market at all. An exchange goes down without so much as a hiccup. No panic selling, no day traders manipulating the market, no people pissed off because their money was frozen and cashing out everywhere else - nothing. Could it be because the market price is phoney and manipulated anyway?

madmat
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:47:17 PM

They can to a point but I don't know why they would want to. They haven't been able to successfully do anything about a theft here by tracing coins except for the Ozcoin hack and MtCocks confiscation. Ozcoin was the only case where something was done right. You could argue that they shouldn't have done it. When MtGox confiscated stolen coins that's only because Gox was a bigger thief.

Can one of you geniuses tell me why this isn't effecting the market at all. An exchange goes down without so much as a hiccup. No panic selling, no day traders manipulating the market, no people pissed off because their money was frozen and cashing out everywhere else - nothing. Could it be because the market price is phoney and manipulated anyway?

Price went down from 315 to 255 the day before bitstamp went offline and you think this is not related ? Some people knew it, before anyone and dumped hard. The news came after, and market is just waiting bitstamp to be live again.
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:56:52 PM

Price went down from 315 to 255 the day before bitstamp went offline and you think this is not related ? Some people knew it, before anyone and dumped hard. The news came after, and market is just waiting bitstamp to be live again.
So, they knew, that Bitstamp was hacked before the coins were moved?
Seems plausible Roll Eyes

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:00:42 PM

So your answer is that the price dropped because Bitstamp was hacked. Where have I heard that before?

betasuppe

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:10:01 PM

If the problem was one compromised wallet, why is the hole web shut down?
There must be pro technician working at B.stamp.

Why cant we access our own account at least?

This is suspect.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:52:01 PM

Hopefully for sanity's sake, ... It is an interesting question though if the Bitcoin core team could develop a "Banned list" that is issued to the accepting nodes and refuses to transfer coins from banned accounts though.

Hopefully for sanity's sake, you will search more and openly muse less. Here's a concise summary of the conclusion every other time someone floats this idea before thinking it through:

A Bad Idea

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:54:19 PM

If the problem was one compromised wallet, why is the hole web shut down?
There must be pro technician working at B.stamp.

Why cant we access our own account at least?

This is suspect.

If they were honest, they would have allowed you to withdraw your funds from cold wallet and then carry on the investigation. They are locking u in. That means something is fishy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: