Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:59:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Closing  (Read 20641 times)
racerguy

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 09:28:12 PM

1mh/s bonds are a bad investment as the return will be continually cut with difficulty increases.

They're still a very good investment for increasing your purchasing power, which will keep increasing with most mining bonds even if your bitcoin balance doesn't.  I think of mining bonds as a hedge against a bitcoin price crash(mining was still profitable during the last crash).
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Today's daily coupon has been paid @ 1% of IPO price.

Thank you.

Note: Rumor has it that tens of thousands of bonds may sell tomorrow. If new bond purchases exceed the number of current outstanding bonds, expect the daily payout to stay at the current minimum of 0.5% of the IPO price for much of the week. It takes time to convert the BTC and put it to work. Thank you.

Lol.... Rumor has it ? ;-)
jackmaninov

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 09:34:39 PM

Note: Rumor has it that tens of thousands of bonds may sell tomorrow. If new bond purchases exceed the number of current outstanding bonds, expect the daily payout to stay at the current minimum of 0.5% of the IPO price for much of the week. It takes time to convert the BTC and put it to work. Thank you.

This is an interesting way to announce a round of bond sales...
btharper

Activity: 389

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 10:33:45 PM

Thank you.

Lol.... Rumor has it ? ;-)

This is an interesting way to announce a round of bond sales...

I think he's referring to this

Thank you.

Note: I was contacted by a bondholder who was enjoying the liquidity of the secondary market and the chance to make additional profit while the bond release was on pause. As a way of helping this to continue I will release additional bonds tomorrow with an ask wall at 0.1 BTC. The ask wall will only remain for a few hours, and additional bond release will be on pause again. I will continue this ask wall method (@ 0.1 BTC) once a week on Sundays after this.
Tomorrow of course being Sunday.
Factory

Activity: 259

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 09:50:35 PM

Today's daily coupon has been paid @ 0.5% of IPO price.

Thank you.

Note: Outstanding bonds have more than doubled. The daily coupon rate will most likely remain at 0.5% of the IPO price through Wednesday.

Could you provide investors the total number of bonds outstanding? I saw approximately how many bonds were sold via the wall today, and would just like to get a better overall picture. The share information listed on the security on GLBSE does not in any way reflect the number of shares outstanding (technically.) Thanks.
Factory

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 09:58:27 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2012, 04:46:56 AM by Factory

You can look at the "Dividend Payments" dropdown to see outstanding bond levels in the past and

https://glbse.com/api/quantity_trading/OBSI.HRPT

Lists current outstanding.

Yes. This is also generally the best way to do it, but I had no way of knowing if you continued to sell via ask wall AFTER dividends paid today.

I suppose I can just wait until tomorrow to see the # outstanding after dividends paid.
Factory

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 10:08:55 PM

Gives the current total amount.

The wall was ended ~2 hours after being put up since so many bonds sold so quickly. Coupons went out ~2 hours and 15 minutes later.

Thanks sir. Much appreciated.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 01:56:16 PM

Obsi: how about getting verified on the GLBSE?
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 12:34:58 AM

Do you have a target amount of bonds to sell or are you going to release more each week ? I hope this doesnt keep cutting the dividend in half each time.

totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 01:50:36 AM

People are actually buying these...?

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Factory

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 02:21:04 AM

Do you have a target amount of bonds to sell or are you going to release more each week ? I hope this doesnt keep cutting the dividend in half each time.

I will continue weekly releases if demand continues. The only way it would keep cutting the nominal target coupon price in half, is if more than the current outstanding bonds sold every week. That means the outstanding bonds would need to continue doubling week after week. An unlikely scenario.

There are other things that can bring down the coupon as well... a run of bad luck on bulk debt purchases, or defaults on outstanding loans. The BTC price doubling against USD would probably cut the coupon in half for a considerable length of time. All things to keep in mind with an offering such as this.

Driving down the share price to .1 each week and then potentially cutting the dividend due to that action seems like you have no real interest in creating value for shareholders.

Could you explain otherwise?
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 02:32:44 AM

I will continue weekly releases if demand continues. The only way it would keep cutting the nominal target coupon price in half, is if more than the current outstanding bonds sold every week. That means the outstanding bonds would need to continue doubling week after week. An unlikely scenario.

There are other things that can bring down the coupon as well... a run of bad luck on bulk debt purchases, or defaults on outstanding loans. The BTC price doubling against USD would probably cut the coupon in half for a considerable length of time. All things to keep in mind with an offering such as this.

Driving down the share price to .1 each week and then potentially cutting the dividend due to that action seems like you have no real interest in creating value for shareholders.

Could you explain otherwise?

They did this on one of their other offerings which screwed shareholders over.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 02:40:58 AM

The wall was ended ~2 hours after being put up since so many bonds sold so quickly. Coupons went out ~2 hours and 15 minutes later.

Why did you pay out coupons to the new bonds rather than only pre-existing ones ? Rather than a full return the existing bondholders had to take a haircut on behalf of new bondholders. You should pay coupons before issuing new bonds imho.

Factory

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 02:41:28 AM

Why did you pay out coupons to the new bonds rather than only pre-existing ones ? Rather than a full return the existing bondholders had to take a haircut on behalf of new bondholders. You should pay coupons before issuing new bonds imho.

I agree with this completely.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 03:25:21 AM

Taking a haircut on the coupons because you paid them out after issuing twice as many bonds as already existed  is entirely avoidable and is the fault of the issuer not "bad luck" or the price of bitcoin. They are separate issues.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 03:36:19 AM

As I have said already you should do the payouts first then any new sales otherwise you screw over your existing bondholders. Its pretty simple really.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 03:49:40 AM

This would be similar to mining for a week then issuing new coupons then paying out mining income to all the new bonds as well as existing ones which dilutes the return.

puffn

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 04:14:18 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2012, 04:27:33 AM by puffn

I still cannot believe that anyone is willing to invest in this guy after his ABMO.

You and your equities are nothing but scams.

Your obsi.abmo is a complete rip off to any investors. You never plan on making distributions along with taking 10 shares a day and need to sell 1 million shares to start trading above IPO price. SCAM.

1 mhps bonds have been paying out less than value forever. Filthy.

Obsi hrpt is an issue I wont even bother going over. SCAM though at least you admit that you may not pay out.

OBSI. You have 3 assets, and your only intention seems to be to make money off of your investors themselves. You are scum.

Looking for safe diversification? YABIF: Good Returns, Low Fees, Low Risk.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

I hold significant interest in
Bitcoin Mining Investments
puffn

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 04:26:56 AM

I edited this into my previous reply so I will post it again.

You and your equities are nothing but scammers/scams.

Your obsi.abmo is a complete rip off to any investors. You never plan on making distributions along with taking 10 shares a day and need to sell 1 million shares to start trading above IPO price. SCAM.

Obsi hrpt is an issue I wont even bother going over. SCAM though at least you admit that you may not pay out.

OBSI. You have 3 assets, and your only intention seems to be to make money off of your investors themselves. You are scum.

Looking for safe diversification? YABIF: Good Returns, Low Fees, Low Risk.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

I hold significant interest in
Bitcoin Mining Investments
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 04:28:12 AM

I still cannot believe that anyone is willing to invest in this guy after his ABMO.

You and your equities are nothing but scams.

Obsi hrpt is an issue I wont even bother going over. SCAM

The fact there is no verification means I dont invest personally in his assets however I have indirect exposure to it which is still concerning  Smiley

I looked at ABMO and can only laugh at the "1 million shares" which makes me think of Dr Evil. I wish glbse had an ebay style feedback system so people could comment and warn others before they go anywhere near scam assets.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: