Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:25:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Closing  (Read 20641 times)
The00Dustin

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:12:10 PM

Generally speaking, doing something that is more favorable toward the other party of a contract (i.e. paying out extra dividends to bondholders) and less favorable to yourself (i.e. Obsi keeps less money) is totally fine and would not be considered a breach of contract.
Generally speaking, a contract has terms that state that the favored party's failure to enforce a provision does not amount to a waiver of tha provision.  Also, generally speaking, contracts are enforced using lawyers and judges (unless there is a binding arbitration clause, in which case they are enforced that way).  The GLBSE, and presumably this contract, fall outside of "generally speaking."  With nefario being the judge, jury, and executioner when it comes to GLBSE, it is not unreasonable to avoid breaching a contract in either direction.  Moreover, Obsi has stated the funds will be placed in a buffer, which implies that he is not keeping more or less money as per your example.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
racerguy

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:56:48 PM

We're impolite investors here so allow me, thank you for the 1%.
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 11:28:49 AM

I notice you've just been paying 1% og .5% pretty much every day lately, instead of some seemingly random number. Did you get bored of pretending that the dividend is based on real income?
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 11:33:43 PM

I notice you've just been paying 1% og .5% pretty much every day lately, instead of some seemingly random number. Did you get bored of pretending that the dividend is based on real income?

I notice you don't bother reading the threads you post in, instead just post some seemingly random troll post. Did you get bored of pretending you had anything better to do?

I think it is a valid question.

If I understand correctly, since the recent drop of the BTC/USD price last weekend, there is a surplus in the dividend buffer and so the payments are at the upper limit, 1%?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 11:57:33 PM

If I understand correctly, since the recent drop of the BTC/USD price last weekend, there is a surplus in the dividend buffer and so the payments are at the upper limit, 1%?
I admit I have a hard time even pretending this is not a ponzi, but even if this explanation was true it has to seem a *little* suspicious that the payouts jumps between either 0.5% or 1% and stays on exactly those numbers? He was putting a lot more effort into it in the beginning.
Zonyc

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 04:48:43 AM

Today's daily coupon has been paid @ 1% of IPO price.

Thank you.

Thank you!
bitcoinbear

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 08:18:38 PM

Thank you.

Do you really have to bump the tread every day? I imagine the people who own these shares can go on GLBSE and see the dividend has been paid. Perhaps you only need to post something if the payment will be delayed, or if you have some more interesting news?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
The00Dustin

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 09:32:24 PM

Thank you.
Do you really have to bump the tread every day? I imagine the people who own these shares can go on GLBSE and see the dividend has been paid. Perhaps you only need to post something if the payment will be delayed, or if you have some more interesting news?
Or maybe potential investors want to know how consistent he is and what dividends currently look like.  They won't stay at the max 1% forever, and anyone who might want to try to do any due diligence at least needs to know the current situation (even if it is "paid 1% again today").
bitcoinbear

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 09:35:40 PM

Thank you.
Or maybe potential investors want to know how consistent he is and what dividends currently look like.  They won't stay at the max 1% forever, and anyone who might want to try to do any due diligence at least needs to know the current situation (even if it is "paid 1% again today").

But the information is available (actually, more complete info) right on the GLBSE asset page, just click on the "Dividend payments" and it will show the entire dividend payment history.

The00Dustin

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 11:43:09 PM

But the information is available (actually, more complete info) right on the GLBSE asset page, just click on the "Dividend payments" and it will show the entire dividend payment history.
This is true, even when not logged in, shows how much time I waste on GLBSE.   Roll Eyes
Slushpuppy

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 08:36:47 AM

Thank you for continuing to bump the thread with dividend info, Im a GLBSE noob so I didn't actually know all the info was in front of my eyes  Cheesy
btharper

Activity: 389

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 12:17:34 AM

Thank you.
I wonder if it's easier for Obsi to pay out 1% every day so he can just copy and paste the message xD No complaints by any means though.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:27:08 PM

Thank you.

Just keep it coming.
Thank you.

dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 10:51:03 AM

• Zero transparency
  • Absurdly high interest rates
  • Additional bonds issued every week
  • 0 interest could be paid indefinitely within the terms of the contract
  • A buyback is only promised in case of an orderly shutdown of a unknown business with zero transparency.  Obsi can claim the investment failed and pay nothing
  • Issuer is completely unverified on GLBSE

Obsi can steal your investment at any time while still adhering to his contract.

PONZI SCAM

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
JMAHH

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:54:31 AM

• Zero transparency
  • Absurdly high interest rates
  • Additional bonds issued every week
  • 0 interest could be paid indefinitely within the terms of the contract
  • A buyback is only promised in case of an orderly shutdown of a unknown business with zero transparency.  Obsi can claim the investment failed and pay nothing
  • Issuer is completely unverified on GLBSE

Obsi can steal your investment at any time while still adhering to his contract.

PONZI SCAM

Quoting for posterity
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 11:05:02 AM

In before default of yet another ponzi scam.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 11:31:41 AM

PONZI SCAM

Probably. But at 1% if it survives at least 100 days, or I sell before it collapse, I come out on the plus side anyway.

In Ponzis We Trust (to get in and out quickly).
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 01:57:52 AM

PONZI SCAM

Probably. But at 1% if it survives at least 100 days, or I sell before it collapse, I come out on the plus side anyway.

In Ponzis We Trust (to get in and out quickly).

Does this mean you are going to actively try and find new "marks" ?  If you know its a ponzi and participate anyway you are willingly getting involved in a  criminal act to defraud more people.

bitcoinbear

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 02:00:08 AM

Obsi, do you have anything to say in response to the accusation that you are running a ponzi scam? Or are you just going to ignore it and hope people keep investing anyway?

The00Dustin

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 02:25:17 AM

Obsi, do you have anything to say in response to the accusation that you are running a ponzi scam? Or are you just going to ignore it and hope people keep investing anyway?
Have you read the thread?  What more can he say?  I admit, I would like to see answers to the questions posted here:
1. I appreciate you taking the time to lay out examples of the issuers business operations. However, your examples do not include many important factors such as:

a. lag-time regarding employing newly raised capital.
b. lag-time regarding conversion and transfer back for dividends.
c. any form of estimated default rate (which has to be somewhere in the double digits on such high risk, high interest loans)
d. your equation assumes 100% of capital is employed 100% of the time.
e. as the total amount of working capital increases, it will become more difficult for the issuer to employ it all. With 10,000,000 shares issued, the current potential marketcap is about $1,439,200. Of course, we are a long ways from that, but it is important to note. As total working capital increases, it is a risk for shareholders.

I know you probably left most of these points out intentionally to keep is as basic as possible for people to understand. It is good to highlight these potential risks though. I am just trying to help provide clarity; just as your are.

2. As stated before, I would just like to see a greater dialogue between the issuer, investors, and potential investors. Bitcoinbear has already responded that today's dialogue has helped him understand the issuance better. I think helping create a dialogue for the sake of investor awareness is a very good thing.
However, as far as I am concerned, accusations without basis don't deserve a response.  On that note, have you ever read previous threads with similar accusations?  From what I've seen (regardless of whether or not Pirate's operation was one), responding only serves to feed the trolls.  I would ignore your post just like I have been ignoring all of the accusatory ones, but you seem at least a bit legit based on your earlier post regarding the thread-bumping vs just looking at GLBSE (where I was subsequently glad to see I wasn't the only one that didn't realize the dividend information was there).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: