Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:34:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Closing  (Read 20641 times)
The00Dustin

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:40:04 AM

obsi,  would you rate the probability of an investment in this yielding a negative roi higher or lower.than 50% ?
Even if he had firm reason to believe this operation wouldn't default, answering this question would leave people calling him a liar if it did.  Moreover, even if he could predict the future and expected the operation to default at a given point, the answer to this question would still depend on when you invest and what price you buy in at.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:48:02 AM

obsi,  would you rate the probability of an investment in this yielding a negative roi higher or lower.than 50% ?
Even if he had firm reason to believe this operation wouldn't default, answering this question would leave people calling him a liar if it did.  Moreover, even if he could predict the future and expected the operation to default at a given point, the answer to this question would still depend on when you invest and what price you buy in at.

giving it a greater than 50 percent.  chance to succeed wouldn't make him a liar if it defaults. and I do mean anyone investing now
The00Dustin

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 12:20:48 PM

giving it a greater than 50 percent.  chance to succeed wouldn't make him a liar if it defaults. and I do mean anyone investing now
Giving it a 99.9% chance of success and having it default tomorrow wouldn't necessarily make him a liar, but it would lead to a lot of accusations that he was nonetheless.  Giving it less than 50% chance could kill liquidity and screw investors who are already in, which would also lead to accusations of one sort or another.  Giving it more than 50% chance would probably redouble the ponzi accusations.  My point is this question is loaded whether you mean for it to be or not.  Unfortunately, "high risk" doesn't give us a percent, but it does mean "high risk" and that information has already been provided.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 01:44:57 PM

Obsi, can you do a simple liquidity test of your client(s) by simply withdrawing all your investors cash and converting it back to BTC?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
The00Dustin

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 02:07:34 PM

Obsi, can you do a simple liquidity test of your client(s) by simply withdrawing all your investors cash and converting it back to BTC?
If it's used to purchase debt as previously indicated, how could that liquidity exist?  Why would they pay this kind of interest to sit on cash?
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 03:09:28 PM

If it's used to purchase debt as previously indicated, how could that liquidity exist?  Why would they pay this kind of interest to sit on cash?
A better question is: Why would they pay this kind of interest to do anything?

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
kilcondlost

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 03:21:58 PM

Links to "they" and what "they" do are preferable!

probably MMM... lol

Hey just wanted to say that I run the stock MMM and I am assuming you are referring tot he Russian Ponzi scheme that took place but please try and reference that as at the time of launching I had no idea about that other wise I would have never used the name Money Maker Mining as my title. I beg you though with all my heart please do not say anything bad about MMM without specifying which you are talking about. I mean no insult by this and I understand you meant no harm. Thank you and once again I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, MMMining Inviestments

exahash

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 04:38:51 PM

Links to "they" and what "they" do are preferable!

probably MMM... lol

Hey just wanted to say that I run the stock MMM and I am assuming you are referring tot he Russian Ponzi scheme that took place but please try and reference that as at the time of launching I had no idea about that other wise I would have never used the name Money Maker Mining as my title. I beg you though with all my heart please do not say anything bad about MMM without specifying which you are talking about. I mean no insult by this and I understand you meant no harm. Thank you and once again I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, MMMining Inviestments

You should know there's a *much* more famous stock called MMM out there already... 3m corp  https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:MMM  they make Scotch Tape, Post-it Notes, and a ton of other famous products.

bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 11:57:34 AM

Hey Obsi, I understand that the dividend you pay you limit to 1%, and so you have built up a buffer which makes the dividend you pay steady for now, but how much variance do you see in the interest you receive day to day?

Do you plan to resume selling more bonds next week?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 04:04:08 PM

Hey Obsi, I understand that the dividend you pay you limit to 1%, and so you have built up a buffer which makes the dividend you pay steady for now, but how much variance do you see in the interest you receive day to day?

Until he has not tested his clients ability to fork over 50536*0.1*11.65= 58 874,44 USD, he should not issue any new bonds.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
bitcoinbear

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 09:46:41 PM

Maybe you didn't answer my question because you missed it the past two times you updated the tread with the exact same post?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
bitcoinbear

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:35:24 AM

I receive weekly payments on Friday, and the variance is high, which is one of the reasons I keep a buffer.

If you are receiving payment once a week, why not make a weekly payment instead of a daily one?

rynmln

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:54:05 AM

Interesting... sub.
rynmln

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:24:57 AM

This asset isn't a huge earner for me. Overall, I've averaged perhaps 2-3 BTC per day from running it, which in my opinion has not really been worth the hassle of threats against my person, trolls, and endless questions whose answers are typically fairly easily inferred from posts already in this thread.

Well, although I'm new to this thread. I'm sure the consistent attention you pay to it is really nice for those invested. Trolls will be trolls. I prefer to gnome around.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:37:11 AM

HOWEVER, WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS MODEL?

He's previously stated this already in this thread!! and has also said he doesn't respond to trolls.... He's providing funds to a finance company at  an interest rate of nearly 4000% per year + his profit + the loses from converting the fiat back into hyper deflationary bitcoins = approx 10000% per year.

Why don't simple business concepts make sense to you unschooled negative trolls, it's very simple all the finance company has to do is lend money at a higher rate then they are borrowing e.g. 10010% and they make a sound legit profit.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 04:38:55 AM

Why don't simple business concepts make sense to you unschooled negative trolls, it's very simple all the finance company has to do is lend money at a higher rate then they are borrowing e.g. 10010% and they make a sound legit profit.
That's not true and has been thoroughly debunked in other threads. The only people who will pay 10010% to borrow money are people who are almost certain to default.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
dust

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 04:40:15 AM

That's not true and has been thoroughly debunked in other threads. The only people who will pay 10010% to borrow money are people who are almost certain to default.
Poe's law in action.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
dust

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 04:44:47 AM

Weekly update:

Note: This graph shows the maximum profit if this asset was operated like a ponzi, assuming that Obsi has been able to sell every share put up for sale to investors.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 04:54:34 AM

I dont always borrow money from payday lenders but when I do I pay more in interest than Ill get for working at that job for the next 12 years  Smiley

bitcoinbear

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 12:20:31 PM

If you are receiving payment once a week, why not make a weekly payment instead of a daily one?

Who wants to wait a week to get paid from something high-risk? I know I don't like the suspense.

Think of all the tension building up every week... people would speculate and get antsy. Thursday would come and they'd be fidgety... maybe even distracted. Accidents would go up. They might snap at their spouse or kids. Friday mornings would be filled with what-ifs and oh-why's.

It might even taint the whole TGIF spirit.

Also: The contract states daily payouts. It's a nice test to gauge the effort required should I ever decide to make other assets have daily payouts as well. If you read through the thread, you'll see I've even dipped into my personal profits to smooth out the variance and keep daily payouts steady.

This asset isn't a huge earner for me. Overall, I've averaged perhaps 2-3 BTC per day from running it, which in my opinion has not really been worth the hassle of threats against my person, trolls, and endless questions whose answers are typically fairly easily inferred from posts already in this thread.

So, whatever the payment is on Friday is what it will be the rest of the week?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: