Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:43:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Communist Bitshares Wealth Redistribution IS THEFT!  (Read 28345 times)
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:47:19 PM

WHAT WOULD BITCOIN DO?
<Lot of letters, dots and commas>

LOL  Smiley
I could not even imagine that word 'communism' can do with people. Now I know!  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bytemaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 566

fractally

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 05:56:43 PM

[/center]

This is hilarious given my very public stance in favor of non-violence, voluntary association, Non Aggression, and the Silver Rule.   *If* there was any threat of violence or *mandatory* adoption then I would be 100% against it.  

1) Everything is Opt-In, if you don't like it go get robbed by some miners.
2) Shareholder's can fire delegates without consequence, any delegate that pulled out a gun would get fired

Everyone has to take some "stance" and as soon as you take a stance then you are subject to attack.   Those who are attacking BitShares and taking the time to produce this hilarious propaganda art need to adopt a stance.

1) Pro Bitcoin?  
2) Pro Nxt?
3) Pro Ripple?

From where I sit, all three get the job done and produce a trustworthy irreversible public record.  
From where I sit, BitShares makes better use of its dilution than Bitcoin and both systems have the same long-term taper toward 0% inflation.
From where I sit, BitShares is the most efficient (speed, cost) at producing an irreversible public record.

Take a stance, then lets apply the logic of your arguments against your own position.  If you can do so without contradicting yourself I would be very impressed.

By the time BitShares is big enough as a top 10 national currency you can believe that the dilution rate will be far less than the rate of economic growth which means it will be a price-deflationary currency.  

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
StanLarimer

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:29:33 PM

This is a much more accurate picture of how much power a delegate has.

bytemaster

fractally

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 08:10:07 PM

No one likes a smart ass. 

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
StanLarimer

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 10:30:46 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 01:06:48 AM by StanLarimer

In response those on this forum who speak with forked tongues (the oldest kind of fork in human history), I present for your edification and entertainment:

The Origin of BitShares
Part 1

ProtoShares (PTS) began mining on Guy Fawkes Day, Nov 5, 2013.

It was created by an independent developer known as FreeTrade as a mineable clone of Bitcoin in response to a bounty offered by Invictus.  The first block was mined by Super3 of Storj fame - who also had no affiliation with Invictus. There was no pre-mine.

ProtoShares was unique in that it was designed to be a prototype coin, a "protocoin" - something to allow supporters to begin mining before the much more complex BitShares Decentralized Exchange software was complete.  ProtoShares were conceived as coins that would be good for a free upgrade when BitShares was ready.

The initial deal was that ProtoShares holders would be honored with the first 10% of BitShares, giving that 10% the same "fair" mining distribution as the remaining 90% which, at the time, were planned to be mined in the same way.  A week later, Invictus sweetened the deal - ProtoShares would be good for free upgrades to all future Invictus products.

During the next few weeks, all the people who had been following Invictus Innovations since its birth on the Fourth of July, 2013 got a decent chance to mine Protoshares.  A classic mining lottery.  It was the best of times.  It was the worst of times.

Somewhere in the dark Land of Mordor (where the shadows lie) an all-seeing eye awoke.  It turned its evil gaze toward ProtoShares and directed its awful mining power into the competition.  All the ProtoShares miners saw the lights on their hobby rigs flicker and brown out.  Analysis showed that big professional mining rigs and pools were vacuuming up most of  the intended "fair" distribution and dumping them on the market.  The little guys, including Invictus, could still get ProtoShares, but they now had to buy them with bitcoins.  

Invictus quit mining ProtoShares a few weeks later, before much of its ordered mining equipment had even arrived.  It had become unprofitable to mine them with ordinary CPUs.

Instead of raising development funds from the sale of fairly mined ProtoShares, Invictus was forced to buy its own ProtoShares from the market.  All the bitcoins that were flooding to buy ProtoShares were now being burned in the fiery cracks of Mount Doom instead of funding development and marketing of BitShares.  

It was clear that the old bitcoin mining paradigm was completely broken.  What was intended as a fair lottery, had become a give away to Big Mining.  Mining had become centralized, wasteful, and unfair.  

Bytemaster announced that mining was dead and set out to invent a replacement.  This took him on a six month detour.  The dark forces of Mordor had no idea what was coming after them.

Necessity became the Mother of Invention

(To Be Continued)
bitcreditscc

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 10:43:38 PM

So does Bytemaster still defend his calculated costs of running a node?

bytemaster

fractally

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 10:55:06 PM

What most people don't get it is that the mayor Protoshares holders aka CEO/Wannabe-Devs  just made a new coin where they swapped their places 100% Protoshares coins --> to 250% Bitshares coins... Yes it is the best coin indeed just like Ripple which has problem to get their community to grow but why ?

Protoshares was also a fail coin where they payed their devs with their own "premined" coins and why the PoW "CPU based" was mined out they had to get a new plan vola Bitshares were created.

You have no idea what you are talking about. 

1. ProtoShares wasn't "premined" and was announced weeks prior and the first block wasn't even mined by a Dev.  It was mined by Super3
2. The plan was for ProtoShares to allow people to start mining BTS while BTS was under development.... BitShares were not created because it was "mined out". 

bytemaster

fractally

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 11:02:09 PM

Depends upon which costs you are referring to. 

If you own the hardware and have unlimited power and bandwidth then costs are effectively 0.

If you own no hardware and must rent a VPS with 4 GB of ram then you are talking $50 per month + labor.

What scale are you talking:  today's scale with less than 1 TPS or the future with 1000 TPS? 

Too many variables to estimate the cost.

Here is where I think it will ultimately end up for all crypto projects that grow to be the size of Twitter, Facebook, and Google.... bandwidth costs will dominate followed closely with storage costs.   I don't think the average home user will want to consume a large fraction of their bandwidth (at the expense of games, TV, and web browsing).    My home internet costs me $100 per month and would not be sufficient at 1000 TPS and it is really good internet.

So if you ever want crypto to be more than a hobby then you need plans to scale.

bitcreditscc

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:25:19 PM

If you own the hardware and have unlimited power and bandwidth then costs are effectively 0.

If you own no hardware and must rent a VPS with 4 GB of ram then you are talking $50 per month + labor.

What scale are you talking:  today's scale with less than 1 TPS or the future with 1000 TPS? 

Here is where I think it will ultimately end up for all crypto projects that grow to be the size of Twitter, Facebook, and Google.... bandwidth costs will dominate followed closely with storage costs.   I don't think the average home user will want to consume a large fraction of their bandwidth (at the expense of games, TV, and web browsing).    My home internet costs me $100 per month and would not be sufficient at 1000 TPS and it is really good internet.

So if you ever want crypto to be more than a hobby then you need plans to scale.

i think trying to predict that is a bad idea. the average connection gets better and better as well as storage.

Your BS move with AGS still stings. DPoS is a good idea in some cases but let's not try to make people believe it is better than other solutions. You just picked a way to skin the cat that puts money in some select pockets.

I'll be watching...

jrossIV

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:33:00 PM

I never said that the delegates the wealthiest stakeholders would elect would be unproductive.  On the contrary, I think the wealthiest stakeholders would "support" business delegates which they have a vested interest in and who would maximize their investment, but at the same time, these businesses would be financed at the expense of all stakeholders.

Reading this, I thought you started to understand ... having everyone finance proportionally and avoids group trap

... but it isn't about understanding, it is about spreading nonsensical analogies and speaking falsehoods.

NXT needs to stop being so defensive.  Instead of trying to tear down their strongest competitor they should look at what BitShares has to offer and copy it.  Last I remember once Bitshares came out, NXT had dozens and dozens of developers interviewing.... Wink
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 11:40:25 PM

I never said that the delegates the wealthiest stakeholders would elect would be unproductive.  On the contrary, I think the wealthiest stakeholders would "support" business delegates which they have a vested interest in and who would maximize their investment, but at the same time, these businesses would be financed at the expense of all stakeholders.

Reading this, I thought you started to understand ... having everyone finance proportionally and avoids group trap

... but it isn't about understanding, it is about spreading nonsensical analogies and speaking falsehoods.

NXT needs to stop being so defensive.  Instead of trying to tear down their strongest competitor they should look at what BitShares has to offer and copy it.  Last I remember once Bitshares came out, NXT had dozens and dozens of developers interviewing.... Wink

Maybe dozens but their skill varies  Cheesy

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
bytemaster

fractally

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 11:43:15 PM

i think trying to predict that is a bad idea. the average connection gets better and better as well as storage.

Your BS move with AGS still stings. DPoS is a good idea in some cases but let's not try to make people believe it is better than other solutions. You just picked a way to skin the cat that puts money in some select pockets.

I'll be watching...

And which pockets do you think deserve money?

StanLarimer

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:47:44 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 03:43:09 AM by StanLarimer

It's become clear in this long thread that a year of "Fibs and Fud" from people who have little personal honor have left many fair minded folks with deep misunderstandings about BitShares.  Rather than continuing to answer them piecemeal, I've decided to author a series of posts that explain everything from the beginning.  I hope some of you find this useful.

The Origin of BitShares
Part 2

In Bitcoin lore, there are two leading rationales for mining:
1.  To secure the network.
2.  To provide a "fair" initial distribution of coins.

We had just proven that mining was no longer able to provide a fair distribution.  Big Mining was lurking out there with their vacuum cleaners, just waiting for another coin to be announced so that they could suck it all up.    The days where everyone with a PC got a sip at the mining spigot were over.  Big Mining was always there, ready to gulp the spigot dry.  Chug-a-lug!

And even those miners didn't get all that much benefit from their advantage.  They were obligated to spend most of it on electricity and hardware doing barely useful work.  We knew that if we were going to develop profitable companies, we had to start by ruthlessly cutting costs.  The money the miners were obligated to burn should be going to grow the bitcoin ecosystem.  But, first, we had to overcome the self-defeating lessons that all newcomers to Bitcoin were being taught.  With almost religious zeal, it was considered heresy not to burn the industry's seed corn.  Why, Satoshi said we have to, don't you know?

This is tough.  Remember how Copernicus and Galileo had the same kind of trouble convincing the scientific community about the earth revolving around the sun?  Yeah, it was like that.

We resorted to humor:

Angel Miners
An Environmentally Friendly Solution.

in·cin·er·a·tor  (n-sn-rtr)  n.
… an apparatus, such as a furnace, for burning waste.

Remember the incinerator?  Every big box store used to have one for burning empty cardboard shipping boxes.  Now-a-days that would be considered “environmentally unfriendly”.  You’re supposed to recycle, don’t you know?  Its good for the ecosystem.

I think its time we talked about environmentally friendly crypto-equity mining.  At this very moment most BitShares PTS are being mined by sending money to outside companies to be burned up in high-tech incinerators.

Amazon rents them, for example.  You send Amazon your money once a month.  They burn it up in their incinerators and then send you PTS proportional to the amount of money they burned up for you.  They have all kinds of incinerators to choose from if you care about how they burn your money.  They have CPU incinerators and GPU incinerators and if you want, someone will burn your money up on a high-powered ASIC incinerator.  New incinerators are being developed every day.  Most people don’t care how their money is burned up, as long as they get their expected number of shares.

Invictus is researching a new kind of environmentally friendly incinerator replacement that we could make available to the crypto-equity community for any new DAC developer to use.  We call them “Angel Miners”.  As a black box, they work the same as all the others.  You send money to the incinerator operator and get back DACshares.  The difference is in how this incinerator disposes of your money.  Instead of burning it up and blowing the heat up a chimney, the money gets recycled into the ecosystem!

Yes, you heard that right, your money gets recycled into the ecosystem!

Its used for developing better wallets, and new kinds of DACs, and browsers, and tools.  It goes for support hot-lines, and better documentation, and promotional videos, and maybe even Super Bowl ads.  All things that grow the ecosystem and increase the value of all its crypto-equities.

Most people don’t care what kind of incinerator Amazon uses.  Now you have an environmentally responsible reason to choose!

DAC developers should clearly state in their promotional literature whether your mining software is eco-friendly or not.  Going green could make a difference in how the community embraces your product!

We had to let that soak in for a while while we worked on a better way to replace those two failing miner functions.

We started by inventing Angel Shares (AGS).

(To be continued...)
StanLarimer

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 01:33:13 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 04:26:41 AM by StanLarimer

It's become clear in this long thread that a year of "Fibs and Fud" from people who have little personal honor have left many fair minded folks with deep misunderstandings about BitShares.  Rather than continuing to answer them piecemeal, I've decided to author a series of posts that explain everything from the beginning.  I hope some of you find this useful.

The Origin of BitShares
Part 3

The biggest challenge for us was convincing our brand new ProtoShares-centric community that we needed to change the plan.  (We would become famous for this.)

Here's the argument I made to the BitSharesTalk.org community just six weeks after PTS was launched.  (You guys think you're a tough crowd?  Not even close!)  But we forged ahead anyway.  When you are out to change the world, you can't let yourselves be constrained by little things like how stupid you were last month!  Here's the case as presented:

The Ideal Mining Pool

During the past six weeks I have agonized while I watched my fellow PTS holders labor in the minefields. It breaks my heart. So much pain and suffering. So much uncertainty and frustration. So much wasted time and resources. So much for an incurable engineer to reinvent!

If I were going to design the ideal (objectively fair) mining pool what would it be like? Well, here’s my Top Ten wish list. How would yours be different?

Make it easy. I hate to see people shut out because they don’t have the technical expertise to configure a bunch of source code and IP addresses. Why can’t I just spend a millibitcoin to the pool’s Bitcoin wallet address and, boom, I’ve rented a mining node for a month? Spend a whole bitcoin and I’ve got 1000 miners working for me. Let all my earnings show up in my Keyhotee wallet automagically, without me lifting a finger.

Make it uniform. As long as mining is intended to be a fair lottery why can’t we have everyone use miners with the exact same performance? Who said this was supposed to turn into an engineering contest for miners? That whole circus is just a side effect allowed by the fact that we assume open source software is the only way to achieve transparency. Its not an end it itself. Homogeneous mining pools would implement the purest form of lottery if we just had a way to enforce such a rule.

Make it incorruptible. I hate seeing bot nets and proprietary pools running off with the lion’s share of a distribution intended for real stakeholders. Why leave the currency exposed to such abuses? This is not an engineering and hacking contest! Set up one official authorized pool and just audit its inputs and outputs to keep it honest. Let’s see, I rented 1 BTC worth of miners out of 100 total BTC paid to that public wallet address. I should get 1% of the total new shares created in the transparent block chain. If I did, I can tell its working fairly. Why does the lottery need to expose itself to hackers with a counter-productive agenda?

Uh, gee, I guess I don’t need ten wishes. I’ll settle for these three. Let the developer run a single simulated cloud pool. As long as we can prove it is honest by inspecting its transparent inputs and outputs, who cares? If it gives me the same percentage of its outputs as I gave to its inputs, what’s not to like? Why tie the developer’s hands by forcing her to open her well-intended lottery to unnecessary avenues of attack?

Take my money and give me my share. Done!

This, and other such posts, set our forum on fire.  This fire would blaze for two solid weeks (an eternity for a forum fire).  We listened and debated and reinvented.  

Then, on Christmas Eve, 2013 we announced the Angel Shares (AGS) campaign.

The wise and resilient supporters who survived the resulting forum fire (and several others that would follow) are the ones the shamelessly envious now place with disdain among the "wealthiest stakeholders".  Some of them have a significant fraction of 1% of the stake.  Believe me, they earned it!

(To be continued...)
StanLarimer

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:42:00 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2015, 05:10:21 PM by StanLarimer

The Origin of BitShares
Part 4

On Christmas Eve, 2013 we proposed a revolutionary companion to ProtoShares (PTS) called AngelShares (AGS).  Just like PTS, AGS would be good for free upgrades to all future DACs.  We wanted it to be a pure virtual mining pool that would work just like a black box PTS mining pool except instead of burning the money it would put the money into a development fund to grow the industry.  It didn't conflict with PTS because it was upgradable to receive a separate 10% slice of the BitShares free samples pie.

PTS formed our community.  AGS would fund its development!

Sigh.  Nothing is ever easy.  While the concept of simulated, virtual, or "angel" mining had been easy to explain, its actual implementation was not.  Regulatory authorities are, as they say, happy to indict a ham sandwich.  The U.S. Supreme court ruled back in the world war era that you can't even sell somebody a row of orange trees if you also offer to maintain them and split the harvest.  Why, that would be creating an unlicensed security and we can't have that!

So, simply put, we couldn't implement something simple.  If you ever see us implement something that is not brain dead simple, it can only be for one of two reasons:  1) because regulations in over 250 jurisdictions around the world preclude doing anything simple, or 2) because we are hopeless geeks who inherently love complexity.

So, instead, we had to structure the Angel Shares as pure, no strings attached, donations to build the community.  We offered a proposed Social Consensus that suggested to developers of new DACs that it would be in their best interest to distribute their new shares to Angel Shares donors instead of Big Mining, but it had to be left entirely up to them.

After spending close to a hundred thousand dollars consulting several teams of crypto-space lawyers, here's how the deal turned out.   (In Stop the Crowd Sales! Bytemaster has since recommended against this approach as well as all forms of crowd sales because we've since found better ways. But at the time this was state of the art fund raising!)

Introducing Angel Shares

We are introducing a general AGS Consensus recommendation that mirrors the PTS Social Consensus except that wasteful mining is replaced with productive donations in either PTS or BTC.  

We are also recommending the share allocation of the first release of BitShares X to have 4 million total shares.  2 million will be allocated proportional to PTS holders and 2 million proportional to AGS donors. Developers are of course free to change the total in their ultimate releases as long as they do so proportionally.

How to Get Recognized as a Donor via Angel Shares
AGS is just a public ledger of donors you can get on by donating to a development trust,  
to build the industry and try to get targeted by developers
who see promotional advantages in a free airdrop of their new product samples
to a demographic of people who donate to developers!

Unlike PTS, AGS do not have their own block chain and are not actually issued as any form of asset.  They exist only notionally in that anyone can compute what the conceptual distribution would be using the proposed virtual mining algorithm below.  This algorithm is intended only for use by developers wishing to identify who has donated toward developing the BitShares industry for the purpose of targeting them as a demographic with free promotional tokens in their new DAC releases.  

AGS Virtual Mining Algorithm
Beginning New Year’s Day 2014,
the algorithm will allocate 10,000 new AGS in a new virtual mining competition every day for 200 days.
5000 of them will be allocated to PTS donors.
5000 of them will be allocated to Bitcoin donors.  
That's ultimately 2,000,000 total, just like PTS.

Those who donate bitcoins to this address will notionally split 5000 AGS proportionally:
1ANGELwQwWxMmbdaSWhWLqBEtPTkWb8uDc
Those who donate PTS to this address will notionally split 5000 AGS proportionally:
PaNGELmZgzRQCKeEKM6ifgTqNkC4ceiAWw
Every day the virtual shares are notionally divided among those who donated that day.

"What happens to all the donations?"

100% of the proceeds go to growing the crypto-equity industry.
Zero percent will be retained as profits by Invictus.

Funds will be used to encourage new developers with salaries, grants, contracts, and bounties to build everything from small components to entire new DACs.  They will be used provide a free high-quality Developer's Toolkit giving DAC developers a huge head start.  They will be used for advertisements, conferences, promotions and give-aways to stimulate interest in the new industry and to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute.  They will be used for legal advocacy for the ecosystem in many jurisdictions.  Anything is fair game that we believe will grow the value of PTS and all DACs that honor the contributions of PTS and AGS holders.  

That said, these are pure donations for which your only expectation must be
that we will use our best judgement to apply them toward these purposes.

It is beyond our control to prevent an unethical developer from forking our open source code in a way that fails to recognize your donations.  It is up to the market to reject this, or not.  If you do not like our recommended allocation, do not trust the market to reject copycats, or do not trust us to use your donations wisely, then please take your money, fund competition, and build your own DACs that fit your preferred allocation strategy.  

Remember - your donations are recorded in a public block chain which developers may or may not use to target 10% or more of their products as a promotion to gain your support for their projects.  It is their choice - we merely define the public ledger documenting your contributions and a recommended formula for computing a fair share proportional to everyone's contribution.  Our free open source genesis-block initialization software will implement the recommended formula, but we cannot prevent any developer from modifying or replacing this software with their own algorithms or none at all.

Why would a developer want to recognize your donations?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3980.msg50093#msg50093
Learn more about targeted share give-aways in our blog article on BitShares Sharedrop Theory here
http://bitshares.org/bitshares-airdrop-theory/

Well, the donations came rolling in and over the entire year of 2014 the community spent them to develop the BitShares Toolkit and a whole family of DACs, including the BitShares Exchange, BitShares Music, BitShares Play, BitShares DNS and BitShares VOTE and several others.  An entire ecosystem has grown up that would never have existed without this innovation.

The Developers of each of these DACs did decide to follow the BitShares Social Consensus, and as a result owners of PTS and donors of AGS have received "share drops" of free samples from each of them.

We had done it!  We had eliminated the need for mining to get a fair initial distribution of tokens and had seen it used in all kinds of new block chains.  Now, instead of distributing your initial coins to the demographic of rich miners and technically savvy geeks, you could target any demographic you like.  Just like a mailing list to specialized zip codes.

It’s like dropping shares with terminal homing seekers for DAC-savvy supporters!

You could target dog lovers or mars colonizers or permaculture enthusiasts if you wanted to.  We recommended that developers target the PTS and AGS mailing lists because those demographics already understood DACs.  You would get an instant fan club of people more likely to hold your shares than dump them.

So that was it.  We had accomplished our goal of eliminating the need for mining in fair share distribution.  Now we just had to figure out how get rid of the need for it in securing the block chain.

The obvious answer was Proof of Stake!

(To be Continued)
cipherking

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:01:03 AM

This looks like a good one to clone. Just invent a bureaucracy and convince people to join The Party.

What most people don't get it is that the mayor Protoshares holders aka CEO/Wannabe-Devs  just made a new coin where they swapped their places 100% Protoshares coins --> to 250% Bitshares coins... Yes it is the best coin indeed just like Ripple which has problem to get their community to grow but why ?

Protoshares was also a fail coin where they payed their devs with their own "premined" coins and why the PoW "CPU based" was mined out they had to get a new plan vola Bitshares were created.
fluxer555

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:28:14 AM

bureaucracy |byo͝oˈräkrəsē| noun
1. A system of government in which most of the important decisions are made by state officials rather than by elected representatives.

This does not seem to describe the bitshares system very well.
DecentralizeEconomics (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:33:59 AM

Hey, I don't care.  Go ahead and buy up those Bitshares.  It's no skin off my back.  Lol

You just picked a way to skin the cat that puts money in some select pockets.

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!

During the next few weeks, all the people who had been following Invictus Innovations since its birth on the Fourth of July, 2013 got a decent chance to mine Protoshares.  A classic mining lottery.  It was the best of times.  It was the worst of times.

I don't know Stan... I remember mining PTS on the first day (the moment it came out!) and I remember a significant amount of guys complaining about getting disconnected from the network.  I'm not going to lie... I find that a little suspicious.

I also find it hard to believe that I3 didn't just rent servers from AWS to mine PTS like everybody else.

A MORE ACCURATE PICTURE

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:36:51 AM

This looks like a good one to clone. Just invent a bureaucracy and convince people to join The Party.

bureaucracy |byo͝oˈräkrəsē| noun
1. A system of government in which most of the important decisions are made by state officials rather than by elected representatives.

This does not seem to describe the bitshares system very well.

Actually, I think it is quite apropos.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:38:03 AM

Loving the graphix DE.  You are working harder at pumping bitcoin2.0 than some of our delegated miners I suspect!

Have you registered a BitShares name to calim your award yet?

I think the wealthiest stakeholders would "support" business delegates which would maximize their investment. While the smaller stakeholders obtain an increase on their BTS investment, the wealthiest stakeholders would get the most benefit.  

Congratulations DE, you have been awarded "BitShares Educator of the Week" (BEW is just another way the BitShares community helps those who teach crypto concepts to the world) for explaining complex core BTS concepts in a terse manner for the TL/DR crowd who has no time to learn BitShares.  Just post your BTS address, and you will receive your 1234 BTS compensation for a job well done.  That is how delegated mining works.  You teach people crypto econ/math concepts, and a delegated miner compensates you for your hard work.  You've done more to teach BitShares today than cryptofresh:

http://cryptofresh.com/    

Your graphics rule.  Can you do one with Vitalik showcasing how BitShares solved the bitcoin1.0 "greedy miner" problem.  He holds a lot of clout in the crypto space, and people trust his judgement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVsA2WGGAfo

(BitShares) just picked a way to skin the cat that puts money in some select pockets.
And which pockets do you think deserve money?
People who teach Bitcoin2.0 concepts to the world like DE deserve  money for their teaching efforts no doubt.  DE, you could offer your services on consignment.  This is exactly how the Bitcoin2.0 miners are required to pay people like you for teaching Bitcoin2.0 concepts, or else we vote them out of office.  The best part is that you make money as a delegate without even mining!

I wouldn't feel right taking money for my public service announcements.  I do this for the people and to protect the original ideology of Bitcoin.  Long live decentralization!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: