Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:39:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does $280 makes you hope again?  (Read 3711 times)
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:26:08 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2015, 02:38:20 PM by piramida

Wake us up when any 2.0 tech has any utility as s currency or store of value.

Meanwhile bitcoin is currently a scary great buy IMO.

No attempt at trolling, but really: again a great buy? Even you as a permabull must admit this has been said the entire ride down so far. Talking about going down: how much are you down Inca? I wonder.

The further down we go, the greater buy it becomes, given same or improving fundamentals. It has been a great buy since $600 for me, so just an amazing XMas sale of buy 1 get 1 free at $300.

that means you, and many others are just gambling for the next ponzi bubble (unlikely, since there is a huge inflation and others 2.0 better techs are coming out) to get rich quick?

No, that does not mean that. I was making fun of the silly image in post #1. There is no such thing as the "next ponzi bubble", ponzi by definition works only once. There are no better 2.0 or 4.0 techs coming out, there are some tiny experiments going on now which are infinitely worse than original, yet. And no, get rich quick is not exactly my plan. Yes, I like to see bitcoin succeed because I do believe in it and have some vested interest to support my belief, but whether it will be now or by 2050 does not really matter. Yes, I also do make money by selling into peaks and buying on the dips like we have now, that helps reduce volatility by calming down the scared or overexcited traders, and also makes me money, so there is nothing bad about it. But it definitely is not the only or even the main thing why we do support bitcoin. If it stayed at $300 forever, I'd be very happy for it, too, as it would allow it to fulfill at least some part of the plan. But reality is, it will have to go through many more vicious cycles of price explosions, ending either at infinity if it takes over the world, at zero if it fails somehow, or as some medium-volatility asset like gold, no way to know the end-game, yet, so we take the risk together with the thing that we believe in - it's normal.

That answers all your questions?

i am satoshi
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:02:40 PM

The further down we go, the greater buy it becomes, given same or improving fundamentals. It has been a great buy since $600 for me, so just an amazing XMas sale of buy 1 get 1 free at $300...

Looks like Bitcoin's getting set for another year of blowout sales Smiley  Can you even believe your luck?!
caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:11:58 PM

The further down we go, the greater buy it becomes, given same or improving fundamentals. It has been a great buy since $600 for me, so just an amazing XMas sale of buy 1 get 1 free at $300...

Looks like Bitcoin's getting set for another year of blowout sales Smiley  Can you even believe your luck?!

Maybe buying right now would give you 1.1 bitcoins free. Better than 1+1 .

NotLambchop

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:15:25 PM

I try not to invest too much in abandoned beta projects.  What's it up to now?  0.10.0rc1 after 6 years?  Cheesy
inca
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:18:36 PM

I try not to invest too much in abandoned beta projects.  What's it up to now?  0.10.0rc1 after 6 years?  Cheesy

Why do you have funds sat on bitstamp then? Smiley
Net5kY

Activity: 102
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:19:57 PM

Whats difference if it would be 10.0 or 0.10?
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:22:07 PM

Why do you have funds sat on bitstamp then? Smiley

I said "invest too much."  What I have on stamp is dust--a small price to pay for the hilarity it provided.
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:23:34 PM

Whats difference if it would be 10.0 or 0.10?

The difference is 9.9.  Protip: Don't use beta software for critical applications.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:14:50 PM

inflation and deflation parts of Bitcoin wasnt shown to the public yet at $32 eh?  i love how some of you people conjure your stories and skew histories that are totally false. bitcoin was also pronounced ded at the crash from $32 to $2.
homo homini lupus

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:58:33 PM

agree with OP: it's all pump and dump from here.

Bitcoin is done. Killed by inflation.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:05:52 PM

Will it be killed a bit less each time the inflation rate exponentially drops? The quality of trolling really needs a bump on here.
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:11:34 PM

Will it be killed a bit less each time the inflation rate exponentially drops? The quality of trolling really needs a bump on here.

When the FED prints money to debase the USD, it's a bad thing, but when Bitcoin does it [at a rate that debases BTC an order of magnitude faster], it's awesome Roll Eyes
inca
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:13:45 PM

When the FED prints money to debase the USD, it's a bad thing, but when Bitcoin does it [at a rate that debases BTC an order of magnitude faster], it's awesome Roll Eyes

Do you really want to go there?
piramida
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:18:01 PM

It's not just awesome, it's a fair distribution envisioned by Satoshi! While infrastructure is being built, everyone can get a coin because the supply is still high. He gave people enough time so that even the blind could see. See? Smiley

i am satoshi
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:22:26 PM

It's not just awesome, it's a fair distribution envisioned by Satoshi! While infrastructure is being built, everyone can get a coin because the supply is still high. He gave people enough time so that even the blind could see. See? Smiley

Don't be ridiculous-- he never intended a handful of factory megamines to burn more electricity than aluminum smelters.  That's not distribution--that's called a cabal Smiley

Also, you sound like a church lady quoting the red letter Bible--"Satoshi envisioned" Roll Eyes
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:36:17 PM

Back to the 300 range is a good sign. May the upward trend continue!
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:36:57 PM

Its normal price up and down, im still hope bitcoin reach to $1000
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:25:40 PM

Hope for sure.  Hitting 300 today was also nice.

Despite all their supposed innovation no alt coin has really caught on and captured anyone's attention other than maybe ripple, and that has a whole set of problems of its own.
mlferro

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:30:37 PM

Back to the 300 range is a good sign. May the upward trend continue!
fact this rising. I hope to continue

lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:37:22 PM

no hope. in hiatus

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: