Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:44:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp's stolen BTC on the move  (Read 4680 times)
Parazyd (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:02:08 AM

https://blockchain.info/address/1L2JsXHPMYuAa9ugvHGLwkdstCPUDemNCf

Looks like they've started their journey.

What do you think? Expect a dump soon?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcodo

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:18:31 AM

Let's hope they will dump in btc-e  and all my bids  get filled. Or maybe bitstamp, have orders there too.  Grin
Parazyd (OP)

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:20:27 AM

Let's hope they will dump in btc-e  and all my bids  get filled. Or maybe bitstamp, have orders there too.  Grin

Imagine Bitstamp buying back these same bitcoins Cheesy
bitcodo

Activity: 509

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:24:39 AM

Yes, they say it's fun in the Amsterdam, but bitcoin world is even better.  Cheesy
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:26:17 AM

Who ever done it.....clever monkeys.....
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:26:54 AM

https://blockchain.info/address/1L2JsXHPMYuAa9ugvHGLwkdstCPUDemNCf

Looks like they've started their journey.

What do you think? Expect a dump soon?

I am ready to buy cheap coins if they dump them.

Imagine Bitstamp buying back these same bitcoins Cheesy

Haha.. BitStamp must have blacklisted them by now and they must be tracking each and every address where these coins go. There is no easy escape for the thief.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:29:50 AM

Haha.. BitStamp must have blacklisted them by now and they must be tracking each and every address where these coins go. There is no easy escape for the thief.

I hope you are right. I had no funds (by chance) on Bitstamp when this shit happened, but I still feel worried.
Can they follow the coins even if they get tumbled? Are miners and tumbling services willing to help Bitstamp?

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:56:40 AM

I hope you are right. I had no funds (by chance) on Bitstamp when this shit happened, but I still feel worried.
Can they follow the coins even if they get tumbled? Are miners and tumbling services willing to help Bitstamp?

really, mix 18k coins? that will take like several years.

i am satoshi
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:59:11 AM

I believe mixing services will not want to help BitStamp. That's how their business model sustains; if they don't accept tainted coins, they lose the larger portion of their income.

During the MooPay scam, BitStamp actively watched the stolen coins so that they could not be sold through BitStamp (http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2js0py/bitstamp_tweets_that_they_are_watching_for_the/). Now I will love seeing same supportive attitude from other exchanges to help BitStamp.
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 11:03:31 AM

This will be interesting. If these coins go to an exchange (that accepts them), well that's obviously not good for their rep.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
freebit13

Activity: 616

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:24:59 AM

Wow, that was quick, only 4k coins left...

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:27:14 AM

Yeah, it would be great if bitcoin comunity turn against those coins and make impossible to spend it. Or track carefully and return when possible.

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
Parazyd (OP)

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 11:35:36 AM

I'm guessing they wish Instawallet still existed Grin

In case you don't know what I'm saying:

The BTC you would get into Instawallet would go into a wallet, and when you would withdraw out, you'd get entirely different bitcoins - from another wallet that have absolutely no relation to your BTC.
Not sure if it could actually be done with 19k BTC, but I'm guessing that it would.
onemorebtc

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:38:38 AM

The BTC you would get into Instawallet would go into a wallet, and when you would withdraw out, you'd get entirely different bitcoins - from another wallet that have absolutely no relation to your BTC.
Not sure if it could actually be done with 19k BTC, but I'm guessing that it would.

you are talking about inputs.io. afaik instawallet was address based like blockchain.info
(this also is a risk: blockchain.info could not steal your btc, but inputs.io like systems always can)

transfer 3 onemorebtc.k1024.de 1
Parazyd (OP)

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 11:49:27 AM

you are talking about inputs.io. afaik instawallet was address based like blockchain.info
(this also is a risk: blockchain.info could not steal your btc, but inputs.io like systems always can)

Never used inputs.io, but I'm 100% sure about what I'm saying about Instawallet. They had a wallet, and when you withdrew, you would get BTC out of random addresses.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 12:05:43 PM

Yeah, I saw it just a couple of while ago. Any ideas or speculation on where it might head to? If those are sold to interested parties who would hold on to it rather than dump it to open market, I guess it will not have any implication towards market price, right?

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:34:32 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/launder-stolen-bitcoins/

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:38:21 PM

Can't they use dark wallet to conceal the coins?

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:40:11 PM

secondary address's are now being split

https://blockchain.info/address/1Gdcsz1tGEzq64aeMPvgAsqftuAt3NyTyc
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 12:41:53 PM

18,000 from one address -> tumbler -> 18,000 at different addresses -> 18,000 at one address

Good luck finding my hacked coins suckers!

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: