Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:46:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] COMIC BOOK COIN  (Read 5464 times)
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 09:02:51 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 09:17:16 PM by HYPERfuture

It's a really interesting idea! I think you would find more support from the community if you also opened the coin for miners Wink

Hi. May I first say that I think you guys are doing a nice job with your coin. I own some (personally of course, not Comic Book Coin) and have followed your progress -- good luck into the future!

As far as your comment is concerned, yes, I know that you are right. But, we chose Ripple to make it easier for noobs (among other reasons). And as an asset-based coin, it just seemed for the best to go the token (or "colored coin" or "asset-based coin" or whatever the latest term is) route. And, of course, as you know, there is no mining in Ripple. But, we are aware that Bitcoin Talk has a huge mining community and they are always the first people on the ANN pages. Still, we felt it was important to announce here anyway. Plus, we come here all the time ourselves, so it felt natural to do so.

Anyway, thanks for your comment!

Thanks for supporting HYPER! I noticed you followed on twitter which is how I found you. I'm interested in how you will create value with ComicCoin. As I understand the coin will be "backed" by collectable comic books (as opposed to fiat money, infrastructure or other projects). Is that correct? Do you have proof of ownership of these collectible comics? Gaming and comics are in some respects similar and I'm interested to learn more. Feel free to elaborate more.

I think you will face some flak for not allowing mining in the initial stages and basically owning the entire supply. Unfortunately due to the number of scams on the forum the sooner you can show proof of the comics and assets backing the coin, and also development progress on your other goals, the better. Something like a company or some kind of transparent way for people to know the coin is really backed by comics will help your project (such as having them held by a trusted and accountable third party). But of course it is your coin and you can run it how you like. I'm interested to see how it unfolds Wink

I think it's a really interesting project to have a currency backed by collectibles like comic books and I have some good ideas assuming you are here for the long term.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:07:12 PM

Wellcome to ripple.
see you on January 14th.

Comic Book Coin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:51:09 PM

Hi. May I first say that I think you guys are doing a nice job with your coin. I own some (personally of course, not Comic Book Coin) and have followed your progress -- good luck into the future!

As far as your comment is concerned, yes, I know that you are right. But, we chose Ripple to make it easier for noobs (among other reasons). And as an asset-based coin, it just seemed for the best to go the token (or "colored coin" or "asset-based coin" or whatever the latest term is) route. And, of course, as you know, there is no mining in Ripple. But, we are aware that Bitcoin Talk has a huge mining community and they are always the first people on the ANN pages. Still, we felt it was important to announce here anyway. Plus, we come here all the time ourselves, so it felt natural to do so.

Thanks for supporting HYPER! I noticed you followed on twitter which is how I found you. I'm interested in how you will create value with ComicCoin. As I understand the coin will be "backed" by collectable comic books (as opposed to fiat money, infrastructure or other projects). Is that correct? Do you have proof of ownership of these collectible comics? Gaming and comics are in some respects similar and I'm interested to learn more. Feel free to elaborate more.

I think you will face some flak for not allowing mining in the initial stages and basically owning the entire supply. Unfortunately due to the number of scams on the forum the sooner you can show proof of the comics and assets backing the coin, and also development progress on your other goals, the better. Something like a company or some kind of transparent way for people to know the coin is really backed by comics will help your project (such as having them held by a trusted and accountable third party). But of course it is your coin and you can run it how you like. I'm interested to see how it unfolds Wink

I think it's a really interesting project to have a currency backed by collectibles like comic books and I have some good ideas assuming you are here for the long term.

I believe (and hope) that the answers to your questions are covered by the website. However, let me give a truncated version to attempt to address your comments.

Yes, we will be displaying (and already are currently) the comic book collectibles in a comic book shop in Florida (Tonic's Comics) which, of course, is open to the public. Trust is very important in something like this, as you point out, and it will take time to build. Every single comic book purchased for CBC holders will go on display. It should become very apparent -- and fast -- whether or not we are using the money raised by CBC holders to buy comics or spend it on cruises around the world.

I agree completely that all of our goals should show progress in a transparent fashion (not your exact words). As I stated, there are more details regarding this topic at the website, but how and where to physically see and touch the comic books is probably paramount. There are other important factors as well -- for example, we will be using a price guide accessible to the public so that they can follow along with their collection. Sometimes comics prices are made a bit opaque, unnecessarily so in our opinion.

Yes, we anticipated getting some flak from the miners, but that is to be expected a bit on this forum. Our attitude on that is not that miners are bad or anything, but that they aren't that good in many cases either. We have all seen more than one coin drift into oblivion due to the relentless selling by the miners.

What I mean by that is that they are not distributing any coins in any "fairer" fashion than anyone else would. In fact, as they stand to make huge amounts of money (in some cases) they really aren't "distributing" at all. They are a middle man between the coin and the people who ultimately want to own your coin. (As you can probably guess, I bought my HYPER , I did not mine it!  Grin) In any case, as I mentioned earlier, there really isn't any room for miners in an asset-based coin and even if there was, Ripple is not a mined coin to begin with.

But, you guys have managed the miners wrath and such and come out strong, so of course, it is possible to succeed with them (despite them?) -- you are proving it every day.

Anyway, I hope that covered what you were wondering about!
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 10:01:59 PM

I believe (and hope) that the answers to your questions are covered by the website. However, let me give a truncated version to attempt to address your comments.

Yes, we will be displaying (and already are currently) the comic book collectibles in a comic book shop in Florida (Tonic's Comics) which, of course, is open to the public. Trust is very important in something like this, as you point out, and it will take time to build. Every single comic book purchased for CBC holders will go on display. It should become very apparent -- and fast -- whether or not we are using the money raised by CBC holders to buy comics or spend it on cruises around the world.

I agree completely that all of our goals should show progress in a transparent fashion (not your exact words). As I stated, there are more details regarding this topic at the website, but how and where to physically see and touch the comic books is probably paramount. There are other important factors as well -- for example, we will be using a price guide accessible to the public so that they can follow along with their collection. Sometimes comics prices are made a bit opaque, unnecessarily so in our opinion.

Yes, we anticipated getting some flak from the miners, but that is to be expected a bit on this forum. Our attitude on that is not that miners are bad or anything, but that they aren't that good in many cases either. We have all seen more than one coin drift into oblivion due to the relentless selling by the miners.

What I mean by that is that they are not distributing any coins in any "fairer" fashion than anyone else would. In fact, as they stand to make huge amounts of money (in some cases) they really aren't "distributing" at all. They are a middle man between the coin and the people who ultimately want to own your coin. (As you can probably guess, I bought my HYPER , I did not mine it!  Grin) In any case, as I mentioned earlier, there really isn't any room for miners in an asset-based coin and even if there was, Ripple is not a mined coin to begin with.

But, you guys have managed the miners wrath and such and come out strong, so of course, it is possible to succeed with them (despite them?) -- you are proving it every day.

Anyway, I hope that covered what you were wondering about!

That's great to hear the comic book collectibles will be displayed in the comic book shop Tonic's Comics in Florida. You should make that info more apparent in your OP and on the site Wink Look forward to following your progress and thanks for your support of HYPER! No need to discuss that anymore after all this thread is for your coin Wink

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
Sumerian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:03:30 PM

What a coincidence, is this somehow related to charlie hebdo?

Want Free Bitcoins? Check out BitcoInvest
Comic Book Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:04:30 PM

Wellcome to ripple.
see you on January 14th.

I didn't know there were any other Ripple users on Bitcoin Talk!  Cheesy

Thanks for the comment!
Comic Book Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:11:23 PM

No, I am not familiar with Charlie Hebdo. Is that another comic book based coin? We searched before putting this together and did not see any others. Update: Oh, Charlie Hebdo. Apologies, my mind is on this coin. I should have stopped and thought for a second or two (very busy at the moment as you might imagine). You were trying to be funny and I stepped on it, I guess (or made it worse -- maybe better from your perspective)
Sumerian

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:18:02 PM

No, I am not familiar with Charlie Hebdo. Is that another comic book based coin? We searched before putting this together and did not see any others.

No Charlie Hebdo wasn't/isn't related to crypto but to comics. You should google it. I was just curious if this coin was partially based on the Paris disaster

Want Free Bitcoins? Check out BitcoInvest
Comic Book Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:14:25 PM

No, I am not familiar with Charlie Hebdo. Is that another comic book based coin? We searched before putting this together and did not see any others.

No Charlie Hebdo wasn't/isn't related to crypto but to comics. You should google it. I was just curious if this coin was partially based on the Paris disaster

Yes, I added an update to my admittedly absent minded initial reply almost immediately. I guess you didn't see it though, so i thought i would add more here. No, this is a different kind of comics completely from what they were (and are) doing. They are more like an adult Mad magazine or Cracked.

Comic books in America are considered far more broad than that. And superheroes are a big, if not dominant presence. Charlie Hebdo  styled work is thought more of as in a separate category of satirical cartoons.

I hope that clarifies.
Comic Book Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:41:46 PM

Looking forward to the debut!

Be sure to follow us on Twitter for updates as well! https://twitter.com/ComicBookCoin
louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 08:25:41 PM

ICO scam again?

Very likely, when did an ICO not turn into scam?

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
Comic Book Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:43:33 PM

Ah, the miners are back.  Smiley

This coin has (and will have) assets. Already that has it ahead of 99% of all coins out there. Please read the website for full details.
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:27:25 PM

Goodluck with this coin. Looks Great!!!
Tobler

Activity: 168
Merit: 111

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 04:12:27 PM

Please not another premined coin. By design you want to own all the coins? I dont think anyone supports premine scams anymore.. well maybe some noobs will still get ripped off.

GeoCoin - Bringing GIS Technologies to the blockchain!
Comic Book Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 04:26:54 PM

Please not another premined coin. By design you want to own all the coins? I dont think anyone supports premine scams anymore.. well maybe some noobs will still get ripped off.

Ah, the miners are here again. By now you guys are usually gone. Please read the website or even just this announcement. It is correct that you will not be able to mine and sell and mine and sell this coin like you do all of the others. But, this is not a scam and is in no way structured like any of the coins you are referring to.

This is purposefully not being mined as it is an asset-backed coin. Giving away coins to miners does not get coin holders assets, it just gives miners money. There is nothing wrong with mining, but it doesn't apply to asset-backed coins. This is not another empty blockchain coin. It has, and will have, assets.
LevoStax71

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 04:34:53 PM

This looks interesting.  I like comics and alt coins!
Tobler

Activity: 168
Merit: 111

GeoCoin Creator

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 04:40:56 PM

Ah, the miners are here again. By now you guys are usually gone. Please read the website or even just this announcement. It is correct that you will not be able to mine and sell and mine and sell this coin like you do all of the others. But, this is not a scam and is in no way structured like any of the coins you are referring to.

This is purposefully not being mined as it is an asset-backed coin. Giving away coins to miners does not get coin holders assets, it just gives miners money. There is nothing wrong with mining, but it doesn't apply to asset-backed coins. This is not another empty blockchain coin. It has, and will have, assets.

You premine all the coins and sell them to people, yes?

GeoCoin - Bringing GIS Technologies to the blockchain!
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 04:48:49 PM

You premine all the coins and sell them to people, yes?

There is no mining in Ripple, bud. Looks like an ICO (of sorts) to me.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 04:59:20 PM

fixed price ICOs are over. good luck selling any of these
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:01:02 PM

Idea is good but the only hurdle I see is ICO , I never trust them.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: