Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:14:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo Mining Company will never buy Butterfly Labs hardware  (Read 10869 times)
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:46:09 AM

A lot of people are questioning Butterfly Labs' commitment to the Bitcoin community, and a lot of people are even coming right out and calling it a scam or a long con or the end of Bitcoin.

I cannot help but agree with these people.

Without a second vendor producing hardware just as efficient and cheap as Butterfly Labs claims their new Bitforce SC hardware is, I do not believe Butterfly Labs is being completely honest with potential customers.

Because of how Butterfly Labs has handled customer relations, Diablo Mining Company will never purchase Butterfly Labs hardware. We will pursue high-efficiency FPGA and ASIC hardware from alternate vendors only.

Diablo Mining Company will be the largest Bitcoin startup in the world, and we will do it without the help of Butterfly Labs.

Diablo Mining Company main thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77469.0
Diablo Mining Company on the Global Bitcoin Stock Exchange (GLBSE): https://glbse.com/asset/view/DMC

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 09:51:04 AM

So if butterfly labs does come with an asic and the difficulty gets 100x as high, diablo mining is out of the market until another company comes with an asic?
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 10:11:44 AM

Your shareholders will be thrilled once again.

BTW, abusing your moderator status to sticky posts like these and other anti BFL trolling is just shameful.

ice_chill

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 10:24:52 AM

So if butterfly labs does come with an asic and the difficulty gets 100x as high, diablo mining is out of the market until another company comes with an asic?

SPOT ON! either you fall in love with BFL or you're out of Business.
wildemagic

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 10:52:04 AM

I agree, this is an abuse of mod privileges.

Im not saying that Im a fan of the way *** does business, but there is a more diplomatic way to start a discussion.

This is definitely trolling.

.,-._|\     Offgrid 1.7kW Solar and 3G wireless internet powering my mining rig.
/ .Oz. \
\_,--.x/     [219.5btc of successful trades total] with : rastapool, miernik, flatronw & OneFixt
       o
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 11:01:14 AM

what are the procedures for other ventures to sticky their posts on top?
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 11:06:49 AM

talk about shooting yourself in the foot.   fail in the making.

BTW, abusing your moderator status to sticky posts like these and other anti BFL trolling is just shameful.

+10   this is total BS using mod privileges for own personal agenda and vendetta. 0 respect
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 12:13:10 PM

Not at all. Butterfly Labs has yet to prove their BitForce SC products exist and are what they claim they are. Also, using Virtex 7 XC7V2000Ts over Spartan 6s could lead to a 23x increase of performance per chip, which really takes the wind out of BFL's ASICs.

28nm FPGAs may make it to the Bitcoin market before SCs ship in October 2013.

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 12:13:47 PM

This plan was discussed with some of my largest shareholders. They agree.

Also, this post is not stickied.

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 12:14:18 PM

SPOT ON! either you fall in love with BFL or you're out of Business.

See my previous response, 28nm FPGAs will take the wind out of BFL if they aren't careful.

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 12:15:51 PM

I agree, this is an abuse of mod privileges.

Im not saying that Im a fan of the way *** does business, but there is a more diplomatic way to start a discussion.

This is definitely trolling.

I have not stickied this thread.

BFL has ultimately refused to speak with their investors (ie, everyone who preordered a BFL SC rig), so it is BFL that has refused to be diplomatic about this.

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 12:16:26 PM

what are the procedures for other ventures to sticky their posts on top?

This thread is not stickied, although I'd like to see GLBSE companies stickied in the securities sub-forum.

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 12:17:19 PM

talk about shooting yourself in the foot.   fail in the making.

+10   this is total BS using mod privileges for own personal agenda and vendetta. 0 respect

I do not have a personal agenda or vendetta. The original Diablo Mining Company plan was to buy BFL hardware. It is BFL that talked themselves out of a sale with their unprofessional behavior, I have no control over what they do or do not do.

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 12:18:52 PM

i dont like bfl either and will never buy that trash or support such a company however making this a sticky.. wtf what a shit forum this has become... all the staff just trolls other bitcoin operations, its a joke.

This thread is not stickied.

I am not posting this with my mod hat on, I'm posting it with my DMC hat on. Unlike some people, I can keep my duties in the Bitcoin community separate without conflict of interest.

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 12:27:45 PM

i dont like bfl either and will never buy that trash or support such a company however making this a sticky.. wtf what a shit forum this has become... all the staff just trolls other bitcoin operations, its a joke.

I am not posting this with my mod hat on, I'm posting it with my DMC hat on. Unlike some people, I can keep my duties in the Bitcoin community separate without conflict of interest.

LOL so why did you sticky it in the first place then? 
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 12:29:43 PM

I didn't, and I don't see it stickied right now.

wildemagic

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 01:05:42 PM

Now your lying about it being stickied in the first place?  Sheesh dude.

Now your justifying your position with more speculation about the state of the industry to justify your stance against ***'s speculation?

Lastly, you have accused others of trolling threads when it was mere discussion, now your clearly abusing your mod status and actually trolling.

Bad form.

.,-._|\     Offgrid 1.7kW Solar and 3G wireless internet powering my mining rig.
/ .Oz. \
\_,--.x/     [219.5btc of successful trades total] with : rastapool, miernik, flatronw & OneFixt
       o
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 01:20:07 PM

I didn't, and I don't see it stickied right now.

as a mod, will you say this thread was never stickied?

Have a screenshot? Because I haven't seen it stickied, and it is currently not sticky.

kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 01:21:07 PM

i can vouch that this thread was indeed stickied

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 01:21:16 PM

Now your lying about it being stickied in the first place?  Sheesh dude.

Now your justifying your position with more speculation about the state of the industry to justify your stance against ***'s speculation?

Lastly, you have accused others of trolling threads when it was mere discussion, now your clearly abusing your mod status and actually trolling.

Bad form.

DMC refusing to do business with BFL over poor customer service concerns is trolling? Back in my day we called that good business sense.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: