Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:17:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SEPA to MtGox takes very long  (Read 2923 times)
TAiS46 (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:48:50 AM

Hello,

on 26. June I make a transaction to MtGox.
I know, that the SEPA from my Bank will only take 1 day.

What I am not understanding is, that MtGox says, that they
never receive this SEPA till this moment but I am very sure they did.

Are the playing with the money?
Can someone else confirm, that the SEPA takes this long time?

Simon

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 12:04:28 PM

Simon

I was thinking the same thing..
I was waiting 5 days

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:49:54 PM

Simon

I was thinking the same thing..
I was waiting 5 days

I called my bank, which sent a SEPA to the British account of MtGox, they said, it would take ~3 business days and should have arrived 2 weeks ago already! It has not come back, so I am certain it got there and still sits there unprocessed. I can have it sent back to me now, merritless, because my bank wants to see the balance evened up.
For shure I will use Intersango from nowon, till they get their shit together.
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:15:57 PM

Missing SEPA transfer becomes frequent this time, see
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91526.0;topicseen

It's your turn, Mt.Gox.

I did a successful transfer at the beginning of June. The only thing, that changed, was the identifier, starting now with "M29" instead of "MTG". Is there a relation between?

Spekulatius
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:32:08 PM

Missing SEPA transfer becomes frequent this time, see
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91526.0;topicseen

It's your turn, Mt.Gox.

I did a successful transfer at the beginning of June. The only thing, that changed, was the identifier, starting now with "M29" instead of "MTG". Is there a relation between?

According to this:
https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20490576-withdrawals-and-deposits

Its still "MTG" (scroll down to the "GBP Deposit (UK)". Thats what I did.
TAiS46 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 05:33:51 PM

I have an M52 number on the start .... before also MTG

Will send this thread to MtGox Support
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:54:56 PM

So, the identifier mess is the reason for this.

Spekulatius
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 09:04:52 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2012, 10:11:11 AM by Spekulatius

The identifier was in fact, the reason the MtGox help desk person gave as well in my case. They have come back to me within only 4 hours after sending my ticket. The money has now been credited to my account; the only problem: 80 EUR! have been taken off the amount initially sent from my bank to their UK account.

I sent: 1820 EUR
UK bank converted to GBP @ unknown exchange rate edit: ~3%
Then MtGox converted GBP to USD @ unknown rate edit: 2.5%
Then they credited: $2,161.45
which is converted back to EUR at European Central Bank's current rate (EUR/USD= 1.2426): 1,739.457589 EUR
for rates see here: http://www.ecb.int/stats/exchange/eurofxref/html/index.en.html

My bank furthermore assured me, that the 1820 EUR sent are the final amount reaching the destination account (MtGox's UK account).

The difference above amounts to a 4.425% fee of the initial amount. If thats the going rate, I will not do this again. I replied to the help desk response and asked for some clarification on the resulting fees, as they are not disclosed on their website:

It only states:
Please note that if you do not send GBP to this account, it will be converted to GBP and some (small) fees will apply.
OneEyed
aka aurele

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:12:17 PM

You're more lucky than I am. My SEPA transfer was initiated on June 26, and my request (ticket #31225) has not been resolved since it was opened on June 30. My transaction message started with M81, but I already told them all that.

Spekulatius
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 10:06:32 PM

You're more lucky than I am. My SEPA transfer was initiated on June 26, and my request (ticket #31225) has not been resolved since it was opened on June 30. My transaction message started with M81, but I already told them all that.

Did you provide useful information related to your transfer that could help them find it for you? Like, your IBAN, BIC, Bank, Name, Amount sent, date sent, destination IBAN and BIC (MtGox' account details, because they have many accounts in different countries).

Apart from that, they gtot back to me an said, that the 4.425% fee was basically a conversion fee for converting EUR to GBP. Still a LARGE FEE if you ask me.

(I should probably get verified already, so that I can send SEPA to EUR denoted accounts, as soon as MtGox' reputation on processing those txs get back to normal)
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 01:25:59 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2012, 04:14:47 AM by Mt.Gox Support

The identifier was in fact, the reason the MtGox help desk person gave as well in my case. They have come back to me within only 4 hours after sending my ticket. The money has now been credited to my account; the only problem: 80 EUR! have been taken off the amount initially sent from my bank to their UK account.

UK bank converted to GBP @ unknown exchange rate
Then MtGox converted GBP to USD @ unknown rate
which is converted back to EUR at European Central Bank's current rate (EUR/USD= 1.2426): 1,739.457589 EUR
for rates see here: http://www.ecb.int/stats/exchange/eurofxref/html/index.en.html

My bank furthermore assured me, that the 1820 EUR sent are the final amount reaching the destination account (MtGox's UK account).

The difference above amounts to a 4.425% fee of the initial amount. If thats the going rate, I will not do this again. I replied to the help desk response and asked for some clarification on the resulting fees, as they are not disclosed on their website:

It only states:
Please note that if you do not send GBP to this account, it will be converted to GBP and some (small) fees will apply.

Hi, I am very sorry to hear that you have some problems, however, please remember that our UK Bank (Barclay) ONLY ACCEPT GBP so it will convert ANYTHING you send it into GBP, so we we recieved GBP. Barclay is great but their conversion rate is rather steep around 3%. Also we take 2.5% when you are converting from one currency to another (https://mtgox.com/terms_of_service).

Once you made your deposit you received an email with all your transaction details including our conversion rate so stating "Then MtGox converted GBP to USD @ unknown rate" is incorrect.

Finally here you are a very simple Golden Rule to follow when you are sending money :
Send Money in EURO ? Send it to our EURO account (Poland or Japan)
Send Money in GBP ? Send it to our GBP account (UK or Japan)
Send Money in USD ? Send it to our USD account (Japan or Dwolla is you are a US Resident)

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 05:40:32 AM

UK bank converted to GBP @ unknown exchange rate
Then MtGox converted GBP to USD @ unknown rate

It only states:

I'm very careful about exchange rates. They differs between 0,25% (my bank account account at Deutsche Kreditbank, from EUR to USD) up to 3%. Create an EUR account, make your first trade with this fresh money in this currency.

OneEyed
aka aurele

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 06:32:15 AM

Did you provide useful information related to your transfer that could help them find it for you? Like, your IBAN, BIC, Bank, Name, Amount sent, date sent, destination IBAN and BIC (MtGox' account details, because they have many accounts in different countries).

I provided with everything they asked me to, that is the bank, the account name, the date sent, the destination BIC+IBAN, the amount, the label, and even the transaction id as shown on my bank statement. They haven't asked from my IBAN and BIC.

What is troubling is that they haven't told me once that they didn't receive the money, only that they're "investigating". Although I use bitcoins in small amounts almost since day one, this was the first time I sent money to an exchange (two of them actually, and the other exchange received the money the day after and credited my BTC balance), and I never imagined it would be such a hassle when it was sold as a pretty simple and fast operation.

kneim
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 06:50:32 AM

I provided with everything they asked me to, that is the bank, the account name, the date sent, the destination BIC+IBAN, the amount, the label, and even the transaction id as shown on my bank statement. They haven't asked from my IBAN and BIC.

What is troubling is that they haven't told me once that they didn't receive the money, only that they're "investigating". Although I use bitcoins in small amounts almost since day one, this was the first time I sent money to an exchange (two of them actually, and the other exchange received the money the day after and credited my BTC balance), and I never imagined it would be such a hassle when it was sold as a pretty simple and fast operation.

We are all waiting on it. I'm sure Mt.Gox is aware of it, they answered in this thread already. They shall take their time to make not even more hassle. But a little bit more communication from them would be appropriate.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 07:38:20 AM

Just a FYI: SEPA transfers should only take 24hrs at max. to be completed.
Any bank that fails to do so is breaking regulations and faces some hefty fines if customers complaint.
You guys can blame this one on MtGox alone.
TAiS46 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 07:52:32 AM

Any bank that fails to do so is breaking regulations and faces some hefty fines if customers complaint.

So if the SEPA will arrive at MtGox, it will be my last trade.
Switch to http://bitcoin-24.com for EUR
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 08:10:22 AM

You are right, but do not mix up different problems here. We are waiting on a solution of the identifier mess, and some information of Mt.Gox.

kneim
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 08:13:51 AM

Thank you for this hint, did not know about it yet. Speed of transaction is not my major interest, but perhaps it's a trustful alternative nevertheless.

TAiS46 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 08:15:42 AM

Thank you for this hint, did not know about it yet. Speed of transaction is not my major interest, but perhaps it's a trustful alternative nevertheless.

No fees, SEPA most within 24 Hours (Withdraw and Deposit), Prices a little bit higher but not much!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 08:16:44 AM

You are right, but do not mix up different problems here. We are waiting on a solution of the identifier mess, and some information of Mt.Gox.

Yes, there's always some excuse and it's never their fault Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: