News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is the U.S government?
Wrong for doing this - 23 (23.5%)
An enormous pussy - 17 (17.3%)
Completely stupid - 20 (20.4%)
Run by idiots - 30 (30.6%)
I love em' so you can't trust my vote - 8 (8.2%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Jesus ministry not to preach from American soil  (Read 6619 times)
HELP.org

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 10:10:41 PM

I think Ver should go France this week along with Vorhees and Theymos.  They can set up public discussion explaining how the government agents who are tracking the terrorists are really the violent ones.  Then Theymos can start crying about how money laundering laws are immoral.  Then put the whole thing on youtube and see what people think.

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:10:39 AM

I think Ver should go France this week along with Vorhees and Theymos.  They can set up public discussion explaining how the government agents who are tracking the terrorists are really the violent ones.  Then Theymos can start crying about how money laundering laws are immoral.  Then put the whole thing on youtube and see what people think.

Well, seeing as you put this on BCT for the whole world to see, I can tell you what I think.

I think that you equating anything Ver, Vorhees, or Theymos may have done with violent murder is absolutely repugnant.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:18:00 AM

Wow, that's wrong on so many levels. If you hate theymos so bad that you have to bitch about him constantly then why do you hang out on his forum?

HELP.org

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 12:27:39 AM

Well, seeing as you put this on BCT for the whole world to see, I can tell you what I think.

I think that you equating anything Ver, Vorhees, or Theymos may have done with violent murder is absolutely repugnant.

When I first got involved in Bitcoin I listened to the coverage of the first big conference by Free State radio.  They ran an announcement several times throughout the conference where they claim all government employees were murderers.  In other words, janitors, social security clerks, astronauts, etc. ... all "murderers."  

Ver is the one who equates the agents at WACO and the ones who took down Silk Road as "the violent ones" and "murderers."  

theymos always presents his chidish arguments that money laudering laws are immoral so what is wrong with presenting that idea to the French public?

Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
dKingston

Activity: 482

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 12:29:24 AM

it's because Ver is contributing to Ulbricht's defense fund

gotta admit .. I respect Roger Ver

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
HELP.org

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 12:33:15 AM

Wow, that's wrong on so many levels. If you hate theymos so bad that you have to bitch about him constantly then why do you hang out on his forum?

What are you saying?  Ver, Vorhees and Theymos are wrong on so many levels?  What levels are those?  I just think Theymos should present his agenda to the French public so we can see what they think.  I didn't present an opinion, I am just repeating theymos' agenda.  Is there something wrong with it?

Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
HELP.org

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 12:39:25 AM

it's because Ver is contributing to Ulbricht's defense fund

gotta admit .. I respect Roger Ver

It is more likely due to the combination of renouncing citizenship. running an offshore tax shelter business, and keeping citizenship in 2 different countries. 

As for Ulbricht, Ver had his Mother make those video so he could promote his agenda.  She is going through probably the worst time of her life and she has to put up with being used by some agenda-pusher like Ver to try to get funds for the legal defense.

Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:43:39 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2015, 12:53:54 AM by jbreher

When I first got involved in Bitcoin I listened to the coverage of the first big conference by Free State radio.  They ran an announcement several times throughout the conference where they claim all government employees were murderers.  In other words, janitors, social security clerks, astronauts, etc. ... all "murderers."  

It's a stretch. But isn't that just what you've done? Equated your 'unholy trinity' to murderers?

Ver is the one who equates the agents at WACO and the ones who took down Silk Road as "the violent ones" and "murderers."

If Ulbricht is the victim of a disinfo campaign about the hits -- a possibility which I believe plausible, if not necessarily probable -- then I would wholeheartedly agree with Ver's alleged characterization.

I'll assume you've never bothered to dig any deeper than the MSM accounts of the Waco incident? View "Waco: A New Revelation" then get back to the discussion. Protip: the victors get to write the "official" "history". Fun fact for today: Lon Horiuchi - the very butcher who senselessly murdered Vicki Weaver while she held her baby in her arms, was on scene coordinating the snipers during the last moments of conflagration at Waco.

theymos always presents his chidish arguments that money laudering laws are immoral so what is wrong with presenting that idea to the French public?

Childish? 'Money laundering' is a silly made up 'crime'. Protip2: If a single incident of a so-called 'crime' does not result in at least one single identifiable direct victim, then there are many who would agree that such a thing is not actually a crime at all. I mean - sure - I abide by such stupid laws. But only from a desire not to be thrown in a cage by scary people with guns.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
CloakT

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:44:01 AM

I wonder if he got a refund for his ticket
HELP.org

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 12:56:53 AM

It's a stretch. But isn't that just what you've done?

If Ulbricht is the victim of a disinfo campaign about the hits -- a possibility which I believe plausible, if not necessarily probable -- then I would wholeheartedly agree with Ver's alleged characterization.

I'll assume you've never bothered to dig any deeper than the MSM accounts of the Waco incident? View "Waco: A New Revelation" then get back to the discussion. Protip: the victors get to write the "official" "history". Fun fact for today: Lon Horiuchi - the very butcher who senselessly murdered Vicki Weaver while she held her baby in her arms, was on scene coordinating the snipers during the last moments of conflagration at Waco.

Childish? 'Money laundering' is a silly made up 'crime'. Protip2: If a single incident of a so-called 'crime' does not result in at least one single identifiable direct victim, then there are many who would agree that such a thing is not actually a crime at all. I mean - sure - I abide by such stupid laws. But only from a desire not to be thrown in a cage by scary people with guns.

I didn't do anything except suggest Theymos present his agenda to the French public.  It is your perception of that suggestion that seems to be the problem.  Maybe you know there is something wrong with your ideas and you are reacting in this way?  As someone else pointed out, take your ideas to your friends, family, and strangers on the street and see how that pans out. 

As for Ross Ulbricht, irrespective of the murder for hire issues, do you know anyone addicted to Xanax or heroin?  Do you know how these drugs work?

As for money laundering, there are large numbers of criminals who have laundered money in order to engage in terrorism, human trafficking, etc.  Those are the victims you say don't exist.

Welcome to the real world and adulthood.

https://blog.caseykuhlman.com/entries/2014/bitcoin-somaliland.html

Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:12:31 AM

Criminals will always find ways to move money, and if there is a law then there are people that will find ways to circumvent them. Nothing new there.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:16:47 AM

I didn't do anything except suggest Theymos present his agenda to the French public.  It is your perception of that suggestion that seems to be the problem.  Maybe you know there is something wrong with your ideas and you are reacting in this way?  As someone else pointed out, take your ideas to your friends, family, and strangers on the street and see how that pans out. 

Hmmm. I had the impression you were equating them with the murderers. Internet communications, I guess. But why do you think he might have anything germane to discuss with them?

And it is a conversation I have been having for decades. But thanks for your suggestion.

As for Ross Ulbricht, irrespective of the murder for hire issues, do you know anyone addicted to Xanax or heroin?  Do you know how these drugs work?

I see. For creating a venue in which willing buyers can trade with willing sellers, he should fry. Do I have that right?

Are you suggesting that had it not been for Ulbricht, such addicts would be free of their affliction?

And regardless of whether you say yes or no to the previous question - from whence do you derive the authority to determine what another person is free to ingest into their own body? Do you believe your claim upon their bodies supersedes their own?

Incidentally, I know little to nothing about Xanax. I do know something about heroin, however. Yes, I know one person that has been addicted to heroin for decades, others who have been addicted and quit, others that have used with no descent into addiction, and other occasional current users who seem to be free of addiction. Do you know anyone addicted to alcohol? What's your point?

Skipping completely around the Waco massacre noted....

As for money laundering, there are large numbers of criminals who have laundered money in order to engage in terrorism, human trafficking, etc.  Those are the victims you say don't exist.

Non sequitur is non sequitur. You're telling me that the act of exchanging units of money for other units of money has victims? That's just stupid. The act of terrorism has victims. The exchange of money does not.

Welcome to the real world and adulthood.

Now *that's* a mature comment.

You look into Waco: A New Revelation, provide evidence that you've done so, and then I'll read your blog. Deal?
I'll make it easy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr9pQ1pIbiU

HELP.org

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 02:08:48 AM

You look into Waco: A New Revelation, provide evidence that you've done so, and then I'll read your blog. Deal?
I'll make it easy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr9pQ1pIbiU

Very interesting, Fred Whitehurst.  I met him several times when I worked for the FAA.  I did research on explosives and weapons detection systems (my background is in physics) and the FBI would look at our tests because they would use some of the same equipment as the FAA (This was before Homeland security existed).  Whitehurst was an FBI agent and worked in the crime lab and he knew a lot about detecting explosives.  He would go on dangerous missions and he had stories about how he was in war-torn countries would fake a flat tire so he could rub up against a suspect car bomb vehicle and take his clothes back to lab to check for residue. 

He used to uncover a bunch of improprieties at the FBI lab and complain about them.  He eventually got into a big dispute with the FBI and spent several years going to law school at night.  He got a law degree, quit, and sued the FBI and got a big settlement.

The government is full of screw-ups and people trying to cover their ass but the stupid "anarchy" stuff is no solution of any sort.  it is just a childish reaction to the normal human problem you see in any system. 

Since Whitehurst was and FBI agent people like Ver and the Free State Project call him a "murderer" too.  Don't you see how ridiculous those people are and how stupid they make Bitcoin look?

Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:22:52 AM

Of course, it could also have something to do with the fact that Ver was convicted of selling explosives on eBay, that's something I'd think most governments (not just the U.S.) wouldn't take too lightly.. but no, let's forget about any plausible explanations based on long-standing U.S. laws and policies and just assume it's a conspiracy against Bitcoin.

They were M-80 firecracker like things.  Likely they would peel the flesh off one's hand.  Probably if fun toys like that were still easily available there would be somewhat more injuries, but also somewhat more wisdom as well...for those who made it through adolescence at least.  After all there are still a lot of ways to hurt oneself which are perfectly legal yet.

I've got relatively little against the guy for selling the things on e-bay.  Storing 50 lbs of them in one's residential apartment, however, is a whole different kettle of fish.  10 months in the pokey for it might be about right for that.  There is a huge difference between knowingly buying something like an M-80 and unknowingly getting your face blown off if the idiot upstairs has a box of explosives in his closet right over your bed.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:31:28 AM

"While engaging in the business of selling explosive devices, Mr. Ver stored the explosives in a residential apartment building and mailed the devices via the United States Mail..."

I probably shouldn't get a big grin reading that...

PCR2000 was actually a significant thing. There were quite a few dealers, many professional B&Ms with mail-order. ... That probably shouldn't have weakened my original grin. Cheesy
HELP.org

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 01:24:57 PM

"While engaging in the business of selling explosive devices, Mr. Ver stored the explosives in a residential apartment building and mailed the devices via the United States Mail..."

PCR2000 was actually a significant thing. There were quite a few dealers, many professional B&Ms with mail-order. ... That probably shouldn't have weakened my original grin. Cheesy

Interesting.  It looks like many of the statements floating around from people like Rassah are false.  They claim Ver was the only person to serve a jail sentence.  But look here, another guy got 6 years for the same thing:

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Newsroom/News-Releases/2004/Indiana-Businessman-Sentenced-to-Over-Six-Years-in-Federal-Prison-for-Illegally-Selling-Professional-Fireworks-To-Consumers/

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Newsroom/News-Releases/2003/Missouri-Company-Ordered-To-Stop-Manufacturing-and-Selling-Illegal-Fireworks/

Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 02:50:45 PM

Interesting.  It looks like many of the statements floating around from people like Rassah are false.  They claim Ver was the only person to serve a jail sentence.  But look here, another guy got 6 years for the same thing:

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Newsroom/News-Releases/2004/Indiana-Businessman-Sentenced-to-Over-Six-Years-in-Federal-Prison-for-Illegally-Selling-Professional-Fireworks-To-Consumers/

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Newsroom/News-Releases/2003/Missouri-Company-Ordered-To-Stop-Manufacturing-and-Selling-Illegal-Fireworks/

You do realize that many of the people using Bitcoin have something they hate about the current system of governance. They see Bitcoin as a way to take a bite out government control and put themselves in charge. The most obvious reason for that perception is because they feel they were somehow wronged by the system. Why should Ver be any different. When I was young we used M-80s to scare game away from our back yards. We could buy huge Roman candles that carried enough black powder to blow up a barn. I guess sometime in the last 30 years or so the American people got too stupid to be allowed to use fireworks safely. That's funny because I read a report that firework accidents causing house fires have continuously gone up over the last 30 years even though fireworks are less potent and better regulated. I don't see Ver as being a real threat to this stupid country. I just don't see him entering the country to compete with Indian reservations by selling illegal fireworks. I can only imagine that if you knew the full bio on a lot of the Bitcoin supporters you would probably run for the hills.

The U.S. Government acts like the biggest kid on the block. He's a bully that's used to getting his own way and steals your lunch money. When he doesn't get his way because someone stands up to him he holds a grudge and causes as much trouble as he can. Someone needs to report the USG to the teacher because he needs a good spanking.

Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:13:40 PM

IMO it's not selling them, it's the storage in apartment building he completely deserved slap upside the head for.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:32:54 PM

IMO it's not selling them, it's the storage in apartment building he completely deserved slap upside the head for.

Millions of people store ammunition in paper boxes all over the country. I have a friend that reloads his own rounds. He has a half gallon milk carton like container full of black powder that he pours powder out of into his reloader. He lives in a TIC (like an apartment) with four other families and stores it in his closet. What he's doing is perfectly legal.

Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:37:47 PM

Because 5lb of powder is completely the same as ~50lb of powder.  Roll Eyes

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: