News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is the U.S government?
Wrong for doing this - 23 (23.5%)
An enormous pussy - 17 (17.3%)
Completely stupid - 20 (20.4%)
Run by idiots - 30 (30.6%)
I love em' so you can't trust my vote - 8 (8.2%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Jesus ministry not to preach from American soil  (Read 6619 times)
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:19:23 PM

He is a fool or a brainwashed government puppet (which, I suppose, is the same thing). Why do you not have him on Ignore?

I believe in free speech for the most part. I don't necessarily dislike him/her but the caveman comment a few posts back just gave me pause. Not sure what to make of that outlook.

I'm the OP. Obviously I believe in free speech or this thread would have been closed shortly after Roger decided to present documents proving what happened. This thread went way off-topic after that point. Help.org is one of those people that is fully entrenched in his belief of his superiority. Those types are far more disconcerting than trolls because they really believe the nonsense they spout and are willing to fight to the death to support their scary view of the world. If you don't support censorship and don't want him to spew forth more of his vomit the only thing left to do is ignore him.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:27:52 PM

He is a fool or a brainwashed government puppet (which, I suppose, is the same thing). Why do you not have him on Ignore?

I believe in free speech for the most part. I don't necessarily dislike him/her but the caveman comment a few posts back just gave me pause. Not sure what to make of that outlook.

I'm the OP. Obviously I believe in free speech or this thread would have been closed shortly after Roger decided to present documents proving what happened. This thread went way off-topic after that point. Help.org is one of those people that is fully entrenched in his belief of his superiority. Those types are far more disconcerting than trolls because they really believe the nonsense they spout and are willing to fight to the death to support their scary view of the world. If you don't support censorship and don't want him to spew forth more of his vomit the only thing left to do is ignore him.

I personally can't ignore the numerous contributions that Roger has made to the Bitcoin community, and I feel if we judge people for a few mistakes then it is less likely that we will get the same in return. And we might miss out on some game-changing innovations.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:33:27 PM

I personally can't ignore the numerous contributions that Roger has made to the Bitcoin community, and I feel if we judge people for a few mistakes then it is less likely that we will get the same in return. And we might miss out on some game-changing innovations.

I completely agree.

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:25:33 PM

Bitcoin is here, the agenda people are pushing is still in the same place.  The usefulness has to do with the technology and has nothing to do with the fantasy agenda.  The part about autonomous companies running off the Blockchain is also a fantasy.  While it is true that some things can be automated off the blockchain and those things are very useful, a company what provides goods and services is still made up of people and those people perform those services in some jurisdiction and they are subject to laws in that jurisdiction.  This hand-waiving "automated companies" claim is part of the misinformation by the agenda pushers.  these technologies are very useful on their own and attaching them to some unrealistic agenda hurts their adoption.

you're not likely to halt the trajectory of those who are pushing Bitcoin as part of an ideologically held self consistent set of principles for changing the world.

There is no "trajectory," there is a small number of mentally ill people who are in an echo chamber.  Nobody listens to your agenda which is why you post your nonsense in a Bitcoin form.  That is why erik Vorhees leads off all his papers with discussions of the technology and why Ver keeps trying to associate himself with satoshi.  The so-called principals cannot stand on their own.

You have made the point that I have been discussing.  The people I am talking about are not promoting Bitcoin, they are promoting a fantasy which you call a "self consistent set of principles for changing the world."  Something which has zero chance of success which is why it is detrimental to lump it in with the Bitcoin technology.

This is how you look to normal people:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVHLHfoWEHE&t=4m22s

I look like an absurdist sketch comedy troupe? Eeeeeeexcellent. I can't imagine a better cover under which to foment my subversive plot. My plot to work toward a world where I can merely be left alone (e.g. a world which has a relatively reduced level of incursions into my liberties, and less violent coercive mandate from so-called "authority").

There is no single trajectory, there are uncounted legions of individuals with their own trajectories. Perhaps you are so entrenched in your collectivism you did not notice I spoke of behaviors of individuals seeking their own path -- not an artificially imposed mandate to march in a single direction. And the real point is that you are absolutely powerless to stop us. We will each work for that which we value. By our individual actions we change the world.

_You_ claim that we are not promoting Bitcoin. Yet you offer no supporting evidence to buttress that naked assertion. Further, you acknowledge that actions of Ver, Voorhees, Shrem, and others who you now demonize were indeed important to getting this thing off the ground. Your statements are inconsistent.

Aside #1 - principles, principals. ("The so-called principals cannot stand on their own." after discussing certain people obscures your message)

Aside #2 - funny you should claim that "nobody listens to your agenda" when it is quite obvious you are listening.

Aside #3 - I worry the impending IoT revolution is going to leave you apoplectic. The path from 'auto restocking refrigerators' to 'autonomous corporations' is not as long and tortuous as you seem to think.

I hate to admonish you as 'gramps', because I sense we are of proximate generation. But you seem to be stuck in yesterday's reality. There is political and social change happening in this world. While the overlords are moving to tighten their grip, the net motion of the populace is towards liberty. The old social structures will change. And if crypto currency becomes widespread (an event which I believe is likely - though I acknowledge opinion of other rational people may differ), then the central banks will lose a corresponding amount of power. No more riding the backs of the populace through the hidden tax called 'inflation', and government will necessarily shrink. IOW, yes, Bitcoin does have the power to bring about a move towards liberty.

Actually, whichever side is dominant, change be a-comin'. Best be ready to adapt. The libertarian hordes are working toward a freer world. What can you do to stop us? Anything but complain?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
HELP.org

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:06:06 PM

Actually, whichever side is dominant, change be a-comin'. Best be ready to adapt. The libertarian hordes are working toward a freer world. What can you do to stop us? Anything but complain?

The reality is that people have been seeing less freedoms and people are moving away from libertarian ideals with the help of technology.  I think that is bad and I like the position of Bitcoin advocate Preston Byrne and people like him since he deals in reality.

In any case, back to developing my Bitcoin web sites while I try to keep track of some legal issues on the side:

http://www.coindesk.com/fincen-bitcoin-miners-need-not-register-money-transmitters/

I am also trying to stop this guy from registering a trademark on "Bitcoin" because he wants to corner the market on items with Bitcoin logos:
http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pno=91219797&pty=OPP&eno=2

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:24:47 PM

I am also trying to stop this guy from registering a trademark on "Bitcoin" because he wants to corner the market on items with Bitcoin logos:

That ought to be interesting. Didn't the dogecoin camp already go through this one?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
bf4btc

Activity: 568

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:13:21 AM

The mistakes he made were long before his involvement in bitcoin and were always public. There is no reason for anyone in the bitcoin community to be blaming him for any of his mistakes now.

I do however understand the USG's point of view as I am pretty sure that he has a lot of family in the US which would give him an incentive to overstay his visa

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:13:47 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/fincen-bitcoin-miners-need-not-register-money-transmitters/

Thanks for your contributions. Sincerely. (I knew there was a reason I didn't put you on ignore. Your dedication was evident in other ways than these.)

You pull on the corners you deem best, we'll (individually) pull on the corners we (individually) deem best. And speaking of 'best', best we not fight each other. But I'm not toning down my message just to make your conversations with suzy creamcheese any more streamlined.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 07:38:08 AM

The point in all the above^^ stuff is clear. Governments are needed to protect us all from, say, terrorists (each other?). But once they get into control, governments wind up becoming the terrorists that they were expected to protect their citizens from.

http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/dictat.html
https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

You can find evidence that Stalin might have caused the deaths of as many as 60 to 100 million people in Eastern and Northern Europe (including parts of Asia). There are some statistics that suggest democide (death of citizens by their own government) in 1900 exceeded 200,000,000 deaths.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:07:51 AM

There are some statistics that suggest democide (death of citizens by their own government) in 1900 the 20th century exceeded 100,000,000 deaths.

FTFY

And _that's_ an important nit of knowledge. Government brought you that.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:11:54 AM

There are some statistics that suggest democide (death of citizens by their own government) in 1900 the 20th century exceeded 100,000,000 deaths.

FTFY

And _that's_ an important nit of knowledge. Government brought you that.

Sorry. Forgot the "s" on "1900."

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
HELP.org

Activity: 510

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 02:53:02 PM

The point in all the above^^ stuff is clear. Governments are needed to protect us all from, say, terrorists (each other?). But once they get into control, governments wind up becoming the terrorists that they were expected to protect their citizens from.

http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/dictat.html
https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

You can find evidence that Stalin might have caused the deaths of as many as 60 to 100 million people in Eastern and Northern Europe (including parts of Asia). There are some statistics that suggest democide (death of citizens by their own government) in 1900 exceeded 200,000,000 deaths.

Smiley

Apparently you are implying governments should be eliminated, that it will solve this problem, and that no other problems will result from your solution.  That is where the logic of these things falls apart. 

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: