Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:22:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT is dying :-(  (Read 3079 times)
chryspano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:22:39 PM

Nxt is currently  at 8th position in coinmarketcap and its a matter of time for counterparty and dogecoin to move it further down the list.  24 trading volume is almost non existent and you can probably move the market with 100$
Nxt was initially distributed to no more than 70 people and that's a reason almost no one is touching it!
Add to that the fact that there have been some very serious scam accusations (https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-core-developer-jeff-garzik-believes-nxt-is-a-scamcoin/) and you can see the whole picture!

These are some of the issues...
   * It is marketed like a scammy penny stock.
   * Anon early super large stakeholders + Proof-Of-Stake == the big guys run the table, if they choose. https://download.wpsoftware.net/bitcoin/pos.pdf  The central bankers are in place from Day One unless they are super-virtuous and give tons away “fairly.”
   * Anonymous developers
   * Closed developing process.  Source is periodically handed down from the ivory tower to the masses.
   * Certain notable personages (& key stakeholders) that dodge, dodge, dodge, when an obvious attack vector — mitigated in other crypto-finance projects by known techniques — is highlighted.
   * Active resistance to making it easier to independently reproduce the software
   * Technical criticism is routinely met with bizarre behavior (notably from come-from-beyond)
   * Attacking critics, rather than responding to criticism.
   * Several security incidents that smell like inside jobs.

What needs to be done for the comeback of nxt?
Can ntx recover or the game is over like so many other scamcoins out there?
I know nxt has some great fuders and trolls out there but is this helping or harming nxt?

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
Re:
January 07, 2015, 10:03:29 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 11:01:43 AM by Daedelus

From Geoff's famous https://download.wpsoftware.net/bitcoin/pos.pdf...

Is it possible to obtain a distributed consensus without provably consuming some resource
outside of the system?
Intuitively, the answer is no, but there is no rigorous argument for this claim.

An opinion piece masquerading as a whitepaper, designed for mass consumption for those who don't think for themselves.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:55:45 PM

This is a joke, right?  Cheesy

NXT's asset exchange is hosting remarkable innovation and the SuperNET is about to take the world by storm.

OP is a moron.  Cheesy

ETA: and a bitshares shill (post history)
n3lz0n

Activity: 618

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:13:05 PM

this is untrue

DYOR and see why Bitcoin and NXT is my top 2 !!!!

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:27:06 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2015, 11:39:24 PM by EvilDave

Yawn....nice try, mate, but all of your points have been rebutted as FUD a long, long time ago.

And here's CoinMarket Cap from a few seconds ago, just for the lulz:

Who has the only green numbers over the last seven days ?

(And if anyone was wondering....SuperNET is a NXT-based project)

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 11:30:29 PM

NXT is vibrant and beautiful.

Kimowa

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 11:42:41 PM

NXT is definately not dieing and I doubt it ever will.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 12:34:35 AM

Nxt is currently  at 8th position in coinmarketcap and its a matter of time for counterparty and dogecoin to move it further down the list. 

Nxt has been in the top ten of Coinmarketcap continuously for a year. How many other cryptos can boat of that? Not many.

What's interesting about Nxt is that - of all the cryptos on the top ten for that year - it's the most innovative. Yes: I mean it's the most innovative of all of them.

What's really holding Nxt back is an emphasis on technology and ecosystem rather than marketing. It isn't marketed like a penny stock at all. How do I know this? Because I spent several years in the penny-stock arena. I've seen what real penny stock marketing is really like, and yes I can dig up real examples for a real compare-and-contrast session.

Fact is, Nxt is marketed by people who are techies at heart but not marketers - and it shows. Myself, I have absolutely no problem with this approach. It makes Nxt a "sleeper" that's going to come bursting out of the gate once professional marketers take it under their wing. That gives people like me, who missed the initial boat, a fair bit of time to get some while its price is more-or-less stable.

I don't see why so many people make so much noise about the "initial distribution." It's water long under the bridge: what matters is where it's going to go in 2015 and forward. There's a point when the noisemakers come across as mere grudge-holders, like a nonexistent stock-market punter who badmouths Facebook because its IPO was botched 'way back when.

Nxt is a coin that needs patience. You can't claim at all they're not delivering the goods: they provably are, at a surprisingly fast rate.

Do you know what gold penny stock I made the biggest dollar profit in? It's one I first bought in March 2009, and it went nowhere for more than a year. I could have bought more in the spring of 2010 at the exact same price I bought at in March 2009. The company itself was reviving an abandoned mine, and I made my big score when the market finally seen that the mine was going to be a producer. That experience taught me a big lesson: a big score requires patience, a lesson I have to admit I learned the hard way. And I admit further that I had to re-learn the same lesson the hard way here, too. But that's the way it is: as the old saying goes, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. To get big lasting gains, you have to be the patient person in the midst of faddists.

And it's hard - I know it is! As I indicated, I've had to take more than my share of lumps around here before this lesson sunk in for me.

Here's the best way to look at it, I believe: Nxt's long-term trading range gives you a good opportunity to buy in monthly - in a classic dollar-averaging way - until the core Nxters decide that it's time to ease up on the innovation sprint-race and finally put marketing to the general public on the front burner. Once they shift priorities in this way, then sit on what you got - and beam about being an early adopter. Smiley Because - by that time - you will be an early adopeter, comparatively.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:43:55 AM

NXT is dying :-(

edit:  NXT is starting to breakout btw...  needs more volume tho.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 01:51:28 AM

edit:  NXT is starting to breakout btw...  needs more volume tho.

Yeah, and at the lower part of its long-term trading range too. To an ex stock market hound like me, that really says something.

Old Wall Street saying: "Markets climb a wall of worry and slide down a river of hope."

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:24:39 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 03:17:32 AM by FandangledGizmo

I don't own NXT, have in the past  but I don't see them being out of the top 10.

Why?

1. NXT has no inflation

If you look at last year, Bitcoin with it's 10% inflation struggled to sustain itself in a bear market, beyond the volatility there's a clear general downtrend. LiteCoin which has 30% inflation exhibited the same general trend except it fell 3X faster...

NXT has rises and falls but after a fall can maintain it's BTC price. (Where as LTC needs $2 million a month in new demand to offset new coins mined, NXT needs none.)

2. NXT has a strong stable of User Issues Assets

Few other coins allow User Issued Asssets and of those that do, NXT has probably the best all round selection.

3. POS>POW

Most POW centralises way more and is more expensive.

4. They have a reasonable pace of development

Some other top 10 coins get very limited development, beyond the advantages with which they were originally created.

I personally expect POW to continue to struggle this year. NXT with it's comparative advantages and no inflation should hold up well & potentially make progress.

The real Achilles heel for all alt-coins though is volatility. When you hear that a big new retailer accepts Bitcoin, you should cry yourself to sleep that night. Most retailers can't hold BTC because of volatility so they sell it. So a sale in a crypto becomes a sale of crypto. Imagine if everytime we went to a store the shop had to sell our dollars for Yen on the open market. Making online purchases with BTC becomes throwing BTC off a cliff. The places that were no.1 & 2 for likely adoption, Argentina & Venezuala are a result not of volatile crypto being good but because it's better than their constantly inflationary currency.

I'm happy to debate why but only Market Pegged BitAssets by BitShares like BitUSD solve this problem and they're backed by an average of 300% transparent collateral. This means retailers are more likely to hold them as they gain adoption and it creates a lot of demand for BitShares because of the collateral system. http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/assets/asset?id=USD

http://whatisbitusd.com/

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fnunXnLdJdw

Another big advantage is that the BitShares blockchain can hire talent. Most coins end up centralising around two developers. The BitShares blockchain can hire developers. (In fact BitShares currently has circa 8 developers putting a lot of time into it.) If you want a real shot at challenging Bitcoin you need serious marketing, serious development & infrastructure. That's all happening at a pace right now https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=61.0

I think only BitShares will challenge Bitcoin in the next 12-24 months but I think NXT will be do fine and improve as POW options continue to struggle. (Notice how many of the top 500 alt-coins are POW but how few of them are in the top 10... Expect that trend to continue. Progress is a bitch.)
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:25:33 AM

Nxt is currently  at 8th position in coinmarketcap and its a matter of time for counterparty and dogecoin to move it further down the list.  24 trading volume is almost non existent and you can probably move the market with 100$
Nxt was initially distributed to no more than 70 people and that's a reason almost no one is touching it!
Add to that the fact that there have been some very serious scam accusations (https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-core-developer-jeff-garzik-believes-nxt-is-a-scamcoin/) and you can see the whole picture!

These are some of the issues...
   * It is marketed like a scammy penny stock.
   * Anon early super large stakeholders + Proof-Of-Stake == the big guys run the table, if they choose. https://download.wpsoftware.net/bitcoin/pos.pdf  The central bankers are in place from Day One unless they are super-virtuous and give tons away “fairly.”
   * Anonymous developers
   * Closed developing process.  Source is periodically handed down from the ivory tower to the masses.
   * Certain notable personages (& key stakeholders) that dodge, dodge, dodge, when an obvious attack vector — mitigated in other crypto-finance projects by known techniques — is highlighted.
   * Active resistance to making it easier to independently reproduce the software
   * Technical criticism is routinely met with bizarre behavior (notably from come-from-beyond)
   * Attacking critics, rather than responding to criticism.
   * Several security incidents that smell like inside jobs.

What needs to be done for the comeback of nxt?
Can ntx recover or the game is over like so many other scamcoins out there?
I know nxt has some great fuders and trolls out there but is this helping or harming nxt?

If this is you call die, then other coins have dead one years ago.
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:57:29 AM

I'm new to Crypto but I believe this OP to be a load of Bull.

Nxt is now part of the SuperNET, something big in crypto now, and their now launching the MS (Monetary System) which is big news to gain attraction to the coin.
fat buddah

Activity: 329
Merit: 102

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:08:14 AM

I'm new to Crypto but I believe this OP to be a load of Bull.

Nxt is now part of the SuperNET, something big in crypto now, and their now launching the MS (Monetary System) which is big news to gain attraction to the coin.

yes you're new to crypto obviously because you're totally over-hyped.

Cryptonitex

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:30:41 AM

Who says I'm over - Hyped? I still see a strong coin right now. Their still in the top 10, and it seems that other people don't seem to think it's dying.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 06:35:08 AM

Who says I'm over - Hyped? I still see a strong coin right now. Their still in the top 10, and it seems that other people don't seem to think it's dying.

All crypto coins seem to be going down the sink. Not just one or two coins.
Yurizhai

Activity: 764

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:00:38 AM

Not all, but a lot.

I don't think NXT is dying. I also don't think it will see the level of success a lot of people in this thread are saying it will.
Cryptonitex

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:07:21 AM

That's true. Look at the price of BitCoin. It's sure not what it used to be. I think once the price of bitcoin rises really high, so will many of the other alt coins.
The Chainmaker

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:23:06 AM

https://web.archive.org/web/20140104141936/http://coinmarketcap.com/

https://coinmarketcap.com/

1 year ago today, verses today.  

5 of the top 10 are still alive.

I didn't see a single example of a single coin that is better today than a year ago, including Bitcoin.  And some like Litecoin have even lost like 90%, and some like Mastercoin even much more than that.

If it can be digitized, it should be decentralized
misterycoins

Activity: 249

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:02:52 AM

NXT It's a fun economic experiment that I'm glad I'll be able to say I was a part of.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: