Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:23:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I believe a beautiful and very bullish Bitcoin storm is forming  (Read 13883 times)
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:58:31 PM

Pretty much back to what it was before we ever bought BTC, and at the price it is even now, even better than when we started.  

In other words you are completely underwater.
While it's not the optimum situation to be in it isn't highly unusual nor the end of hope for someone. There's many hundreds of thousands or millions of people underwater on their home investment and that is something that typically has to be paid off if they want to stay on the right path. This scenario is merely one where the underwater investment was already paid for back in time in full but just a little behind in valuation at the moment. Considering the untold many that have bought into this ballgame over the last year, it sounds like this particular case is pretty undeserving of using the 'completely underwater' terminology and is a rather mild one at worst.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:40:44 PM

Pretty much back to what it was before we ever bought BTC, and at the price it is even now, even better than when we started.  

While it's not the optimum situation to be in it isn't highly unusual nor the end of hope for someone. There's many hundreds of thousands or millions of people underwater on their home investment and that is something that typically has to be paid off if they want to stay on the right path. This scenario is merely one where the underwater investment was already paid for back in time in full but just a little behind in valuation at the moment. Considering the untold many that have bought into this ballgame over the last year, it sounds like this particular case is pretty undeserving of using the 'completely underwater' terminology and is a rather mild one at worst.

Except that a house and land has value because people need homes and land to put them on. Bitcoin has no value, it's all purely gambling and speculating.

juve4v

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:46:37 PM

Except that a house and land has value because people need homes and land to put them on. Bitcoin has no value, it's all purely gambling and speculating.

speculating=gambling=need=value
q.e.d.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:14:03 PM

Let's say you have $300 laying around.

You could either buy a ps4 with it, or 1.5 Bitcoin.

If the 1.5 Bitcoin loses all value in a year, well too bad, now you don't have money and don't have a ps4. It sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

On the other hand, if the value increases to say $750 or so, you could sell half a Bitcoin, buy a PS4 and still have a Bitcoin left for pure profit. Now  when the ps5 comes you have some Bitcoin left to buy it.

Financial markets have ups and downs, as long as you are patient during the lows, another high will eventually come. If you have the balls to just hold on to your assets, you'll never need to make a loss.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:26:04 PM

That is not what that term means. Underwater implies that equity is zero and debt exceeds value of an asset. There is no debt and price is not zero.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 11:43:28 PM

What kind of equity does Bitcoin provide?
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:52:32 PM

Let's say you have $300 laying around.

You could either buy a ps4 with it, or 1.5 Bitcoin.

If the 1.5 Bitcoin loses all value in a year, well too bad, now you don't have money and don't have a ps4. It sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

On the other hand, if the value increases to say $750 or so, you could sell half a Bitcoin, buy a PS4 and still have a Bitcoin left for pure profit. Now  when the ps5 comes you have some Bitcoin left to buy it...

If "lottery ticket" can be substituted for "Bitcoin," without substantially altering the gist of your argument, your argument sucks.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:57:54 PM

Access rights to the premier blockchain distributed database technology and the global network of computers communicating transactions with the bitcoin protocol. Also equity shareholding of the limited issuance crypto-token that is native to the bitcoin network.

Surprised you didn't know all this actually.

epilido

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:58:51 PM

The current value if instantly traded into your local currency. Minus the risk of getting the value out of the exchange.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 12:02:08 AM

Access rights to the premier blockchain distributed database technology and the global network of computers communicating transactions with the bitcoin protocol. Also equity shareholding of the limited issuance crypto-token that is native to the bitcoin network.

Keep telling yourself to be "Investors", and I'll stay a speculator and a spectator. (The person just standing, pointing and laughing)
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:18:00 AM

Keep telling yourself to be "Investors", and I'll stay a speculator and a spectator. (The person just standing, pointing and laughing)
And we're laughing at with you.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 03, 2015, 12:27:31 AM

sounds boring ... what happened to your avatar? it was perhaps your only redeeming quality as a terminally toxic poster.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2015, 12:33:32 AM

Ask thermos, I changed it for a flashing bill cosby image coincidentally prior to the latest forum defacement. When the forum came back it was gone.
I might get paranoid about it or perhaps thermos did.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 11:16:23 PM

I just wanted to say that I believe that now is the time when a beautiful and very bullish Bitcoin storm is forming. Cheesy

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 04:29:37 AM

I just wanted to say that I believe that now is the time when a beautiful and very bullish Bitcoin storm is forming. Cheesy

Better late then never!   Cheesy

I am almost numb at this point.  If it happens, great.  If it doesn't happen, it was fun while it lasted.

But I am a bit curious why it is taking so darn long to warm up.  With all the grexit talk, China's stock market issues and so on, what does it take to get the ball rolling!? 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:07:23 AM

I am almost numb at this point.  If it happens, great.  If it doesn't happen, it was fun while it lasted.

But I am a bit curious why it is taking so darn long to warm up.  With all the grexit talk, China's stock market issues and so on, what does it take to get the ball rolling!? 

People are still afraid to buy.. If the trend is not over, they will get dumped on hard.. On the other hand, people might lose willingness to dump at these prices and we are in for a ride!
stallion

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:15:31 AM

The unbashing storm of bitcoin is approaching , eh ? I hope it leaves people startled as the bitcoin bubble needs to be more than effective to gain a good space in market. The investors who are willing to risk it all , might get huge benefits. But a plan B should always be ready.

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:55:46 AM

I really like this projection: https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BCHAIN/MKPRU/6rcT6FUL-Bitcoin-s-next-bubble-are-we-heading-for-12-000-next-summer/
Frost

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:22:01 AM

I think August will be an interesting month, I do agree that there is a storm forming.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2015, 12:02:57 PM

It's foreplay. I thought you girls liked that. Same thing happened in 2013. After 8 green weeks (according to the weekly chart) the parabolic rise should start becoming visible. We are currently 5 weeks in green. Give it some time, about 3 weeks.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: