Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:28:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Ended) Are there any Full members (and up) here who can use a Yubikey? (Ended)  (Read 668 times)
MrThePlague (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:27:19 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 11:19:14 AM by MrThePlague

Maybe a year ago I bought myself a Yubikey and picked up several extras (various different models). I only ended up using one so the rest went into a box at the time. Just recently dug them up, after forgetting about them this whole time, however I still only use the original one I started with so I really have no use for any others.

Rather then box them up again to collect dust for years, I figured I'd check here and see if any Hero members would have a legitimate use for one, and not just request one to resell it.

So if you fall under this criteria, feel free to post here and let me know. Apologies for non hero Full and up members interested, but I wanted to weed out are new members from requesting, as I just feel a member with a better reputation is less likely to request one just as a means of making a quick buck for themselves, and will legitimately put it to good use.

No charge obviously, and I'll ship it for free USPS Priority. Because of that, USA inquiries only please.

In addition to a request, let me know which model you'd prefer to receive. I don't have every model handy, but if I can accommodate your preference I will do so, if not then I'll let you know which one I do have that is closest in specifications to what you wanted.

EDIT: I just assumed everyone automatically knew what a Yubikey was. However if this isn't the case, please check out the links below!

Yubikey's homepage: https://www.yubico.com/
Yubikey's available products: https://www.yubico.com/products/yubikey-hardware/

EDIT:
No more inquires please.

I'm going to hopefully try and get everyone I can that have already made a post. Since I would just be choosing people at random if I received too many inquires, it doesn't really make sense to letting them continue to roll in when I clearly don't have the inventory to accommodate everyone.

I'll post within about 12 hours the details on who I'll send one too. If you were not one of those people, I do apologize, and it certainly wasn't anything personal!

- Alex

- Alex

My Rep: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209239.msg2191317#msg2191317
BTC: 1A412oChzSsVYXgXThTWFEh8uCg25EBxov
Just Magicmann

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

https://keybase.io/magicmann

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:36:35 AM

Would you consider selling a single one for a fee? I've always wanted to get a YubiKey with NFC, as I go between computers and mobile devices a lot, and it would be amazing to have.

Don't deal with me until I verify with Keybase.io.
quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:41:01 AM

I'm not a Hero member(not sure how many posts you need, really), but I'm pretty active on here and do a lot of trading.  I'd gladly pay shipping for one with NFC if you don't get any other bites Smiley
MrThePlague (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:50:59 AM

To be honest, I don't know how many posts a Hero member needs. But I may have jumped the gun with that requirement a bit. I may just edit the OP to Full members and above.

As far as your request, as soon as I get home I'll check if I have one that meets your specs. I believe only 1 out of the 5 models has NFC capabilities, which is the Premium NEO. So I'll check if I have that model and let you know asap. As far as a purchase/trade, since I may very likely lower the Hero requirement, that would throw you in the mix yourself, so payment wouldn't be required as I may just toss one your way for free.

However I want to see if any more people reply before I jump on a decision now. Especially if I choose somebody who doesn't need one with NFC capabilities, so If I have a Premium NEO I could accommodate several people.

So just hang tight for a bit!  Wink

EDIT: Yeah, Hero was too high I think. Changed OP to Full and up members!

- Alex

desertfox470

Activity: 542
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:01:02 AM

Hi, if it is possible I would really like one of the Yubikey's even if it is a standard edition although I would prefer something like the neo if possible. I run a couple of websites and would like to increase the security on my sites to ensure that hackers have a harder time cracking into my sites. Thanks for this btw Smiley
Just Magicmann

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 04:11:01 AM

To be honest, I don't know how many posts a Hero member needs. But I may have jumped the gun with that requirement a bit. I may just edit the OP to Full members and above.

As far as your request, as soon as I get home I'll check if I have one that meets your specs. I believe only 1 out of the 5 models has NFC capabilities, which is the Premium NEO. So I'll check if I have that model and let you know asap. As far as a purchase/trade, since I may very likely lower the Hero requirement, that would throw you in the mix yourself, so payment wouldn't be required as I may just toss one your way for free.

However I want to see if any more people reply before I jump on a decision now. Especially if I choose somebody who doesn't need one with NFC capabilities, so If I have a Premium NEO I could accommodate several people.

So just hang tight for a bit!  Wink

EDIT: Yeah, Hero was too high I think. Changed OP to Full and up members!

- Alex

Well, just let me know if you would consider extending this to me as well, and I would still be willing to pay shipping, and a fee on top if you so wish. I want to get my hands on one for the same reason as desertfox470. I'm actually in the process of starting a hosting service, and being able to use hardware based 2AUTH in order to connect to my server would allow me to sleep much easier at night.

Just Magicmann

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 04:13:20 AM

Also, here's some information on activity and ranks for you. So basically, you're requiring a minimum of 120 days membership on the forum.  Tongue

Rough summary of what this means: If you post once per day on average, then you will eventually get the maximum number of activity points that you can get. Posting more than once per day on average is useless for increasing activity. The maximum number of activity points you can get is 1 per day, but your activity score only updates every two weeks. Therefore, it will take about 100 days to get 100 activity if you post once per day on average.

Activity is updated every hour.

The new membergroup limits work like this:
GroupRequirement
Brand New0 posts
Newbie(none)
Jr. Memberactivity: 30
Memberactivity: 60
Full Memberactivity: 120
Sr. Memberactivity: 240
Hero Memberactivity: 480

MrThePlague (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:46:28 AM

Also, here's some information on activity and ranks for you. So basically, you're requiring a minimum of 120 days membership on the forum.  Tongue

Rough summary of what this means: If you post once per day on average, then you will eventually get the maximum number of activity points that you can get. Posting more than once per day on average is useless for increasing activity. The maximum number of activity points you can get is 1 per day, but your activity score only updates every two weeks. Therefore, it will take about 100 days to get 100 activity if you post once per day on average.

Activity is updated every hour.

The new membergroup limits work like this:
GroupRequirement
Brand New0 posts
Newbie(none)
Jr. Memberactivity: 30
Memberactivity: 60
Full Memberactivity: 120
Sr. Memberactivity: 240
Hero Memberactivity: 480

Hey thanks for that breakdown! Good bit of info to know, since I was curious for awhile what criteria separated the different groups.

As for everybody else in this thread, it seems this post didn't really gain the popularity I thought it would. Which is good, as it makes it easier making my decisions Smiley

Please give me the rest of the evening to confirm exactly what and who I can accommodate, but I'm going to try and get all of you a Yubikey if I can. The biggest issue I may have is the NFC keys, as numerous requests are for a NFC capable key, yet I am pretty sure that even if I have an NFC key, it would only be one. So if you need a key strictly for the NFC capabilities, let me know. If you could use a key but would just like NFC capabilities as an added bonus and would just as easily benefit from one without it, let me know as well!

Also, I can setup a BTC address if anybody wants to show their gratuity, but ultimately there is no charge to anybody I give one too, so it would certainly not be a requirement.

- Alex

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2200

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 09:53:24 AM

I wouldn't mind having a Yubikey (NFC not required) for two-step authentication, however I live in the EU. I wouldn't mind paying the shipping costs, if they don't exceed the Yubikey price.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
MrThePlague (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:45:44 AM

I'm curious how much that would cost to ship, so do me a favor. Go to http://postcalc.usps.com/ so you can calculate a shipping cost from me to you. I'm in the USA, zip code 22207. That should be all the information you need as a starting point, and just throw in your international details for the destination, and let me know the price of the smallest box (since i'm sure this can fit in the smallest shipping box).

Just want to see if it's even realistically affordable for me to ship first and foremost, and later in the afternoon once I figure out who I can send which key, I'll let you know if I can shoot an extra to you sir!

- Alex

MrThePlague (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:17:55 AM

No more inquires please.

I'm going to hopefully try and get everyone I can that have already made a post. Since I would just be choosing people at random if I received too many inquires, it doesn't really make sense to letting them continue to roll in when I clearly don't have the inventory to accommodate everyone.

I'll post within about 12 hours the details on who I'll send one too. If you were not one of those people, I do apologize, and it certainly wasn't anything personal!

- Alex

MrThePlague (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:12:00 AM

Sorry for the late post!

Decided to go with user 'desertfox470', as I think he could benefit well from one by implementing it as another layer of security for his website project.

I may have another one or possibility even two more to give out, but won't know for sure until tomorrow. So if you weren't selected now I apologize, but please keep tabs on this thread over the course of the next day or two to check if I have any more to let go!

desertfox470 if you can, PM me with shipping details on where I can send it.

Thanks!

- Alex

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: